• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

[USA Today] Dan Snyder - " I hate those mother...."

no, i just don't like the stupid fans. there's a difference. if you actually read through the thread you'd see it kinda started as me praising the fans from last night...

i prefer our stadium to be an advantage for our team, not a disadvantage.

my point was that the fans were really good last night. i wish the people that came monday came every game. if the team starts doing well, maybe the fans that actually understand the game will start coming back more frequently.

I think it's got less to do with them "coming back" and more to do with more interest from the casual fan, in turn having the casual fan get more educated and turning them into the more knowledge based, and experienced fan... this is how a fanbase grows, and the knowledge gets more wide-spread across that fanbase.

That being said, I spoke to a good friend of mine who was told to sit down on a defensive third down at the game on Monday. She was sitting 12 rows off the field, so it's not like she was up in club. That bothers me.. a lot. If anyone wants to sit down and watch a game... do it from your couch. If a fan in the stands is being obnoxious and out of hand, i can understand, but not if she's standing up, cheering and rooting for her team on a 3rd down.

well, no matter how much you hate "stupid fans" you arent in control of them and they will always cheer for their guy when they feel like it.
right...

I think it's got less to do with them "coming back" and more to do with more interest from the casual fan, in turn having the casual fan get more educated and turning them into the more knowledge based, and experienced fan... this is how a fanbase grows, and the knowledge gets more wide-spread across that fanbase.

That being said, I spoke to a good friend of mine who was told to sit down on a defensive third down at the game on Monday. She was sitting 12 rows off the field, so it's not like she was up in club. That bothers me.. a lot. If anyone wants to sit down and watch a game... do it from your couch. If a fan in the stands is being obnoxious and out of hand, i can understand, but not if she's standing up, cheering and rooting for her team on a 3rd down.

there's this terrible spot in between having good fans because the team is good, and having good fans because the team is awful. the good fans that come when the team is good bring an intelligent vibe - they understand the game. the good fans that come when the team is absolutely awful are the people who bring their 3 or 4 kids because tickets are really cheap and it's a nice day. they can get in the upper level for 100$ total, maybe less. they're more interested in taking their kids to see 'a game' than they are to actually see the redskins, per se. both of those types are great - they make the games fun to go to. even when the team goes 4-12, i still have fun watching the game with those types of people.

but in between... in between is a segment of the population that are there to get wasted and 'have a good time.' the tickets are not cheap enough for the family people, and the team isn't good enough for the football-smart people. so you get stuck with this 3rd type. they really ruin it for people who don't go to the game much - they don't really bother me all that much, i've learned to ignore them. i still see how much they suck though.

we repeatedly get mentioned among the the worst 'game day experience' rankings for a reason.

right...

there's this terrible spot in between having good fans because the team is good, and having good fans because the team is awful. the good fans that come when the team is good bring an intelligent vibe - they understand the game. the good fans that come when the team is absolutely awful are the people who bring their 3 or 4 kids because tickets are really cheap and it's a nice day. they can get in the upper level for 100$ total, maybe less. they're more interested in taking their kids to see 'a game' than they are to actually see the redskins, per se. both of those types are great - they make the games fun to go to. even when the team goes 4-12, i still have fun watching the game with those types of people.

but in between... in between is a segment of the population that are there to get wasted and 'have a good time.' the tickets are not cheap enough for the family people, and the team isn't good enough for the football-smart people. so you get stuck with this 3rd type. they really ruin it for people who don't go to the game much - they don't really bother me all that much, i've learned to ignore them. i still see how much they suck though.

we repeatedly get mentioned among the the worst 'game day experience' rankings for a reason.

We do get mentioned among the worst routinely... and why do you expect anything else given our track record the last 20 years? We haven't been bad enough to demand a drop in ticket prices to allow for that family to go.... and we haven't been good enough to create a buzz, and dilute the 'bad apples' and opposing fans as well. This week is going to be a HUGE test for our fanbase.

This is against Baltimore... and if Baltimore wins, they win their division. They are going to try and take over our stadium. Our fanbase can show up, and show up in force. Monday night atmosphere. Bring back the home field advantage against a team whose fans are in close proximity, in a game that's meaningful for both teams, and our playoff lives are on the line. Monday was the first test, and we passed.. this game is the mid-term. Lets knock this out of the park

Content removed by poster...

Last edited:
Good, i'm glad some of the teams bulletin board fodder was brought up again. That whole deal still chaps my ass. Dirty sumbitch Mara.

Hell i want Dan to give an interview where he flat out tells Mara to suck it using DX hand gestures.

I feel like we need to make a GIF of that... there is probably plenty of source material

:D

Drumlinboy and I were discussing this earlier. He feels Mara was trying to keep us from getting Manning with the cap penalty. Mara may have been trying to keep us from Manning and cost us picks, so no RG3.

If he was trying to keep us from getting Manning...he actually did us a favor. Had we gotten Manning and RG3, chances are Manning would have kept RG3 off the field.

Regardless of Mara's intent, we will have last laugh.

As far as Snyder's comment about the Giants, regardless of his faults, when he sees Mara who is in a position of power in the NFL give him the shaft with an obvious B.S. excuse he would naturally feel that way. Trying to maintain an advantage over a rival team by pulling something like that is despicable. As a lifelong passionate Redskins fan, it is also natural he would hate the Giants (and Cowboys and Eagles) as much as any other Redskins fan would.

Regarding the tangent conversation about the behavior of some Redskins fans and to a much larger extent the behavior of other team's fans who come to the game, as well as the "experience", you might not feel that way if you saw games at other team's stadiums. I have experienced Redskins games in New York, San Diego, Jacksonville, and Tampa when I was stationed in those locations and the fans acted no better, and at some far worse, than our fans here. In Tampa, I could bet you $500 a fight would break out in 2-3 particular sections every single game between Bucs and other team fans and I would win every time. Games in New York were disgusting, games in Philadelphia were way worse; don't even bother tailgating at those stadiums. San Diego and Jacksonville fans were mostly docile; the ones in San Diego because they were either stoned or busy hugging trees in the parking lot and the Jacksonville fans couldn't talk smack because their team sucked. The experience at these stadiums was not better or worse than ours, and the tailgating here is way way way better than at other stadiums. A douche is a douche is a douche no matter where it is. If we won't be civil to each other when we are driving on the road we won't be civil to each other in the stadium.

Mara can play his little raindeer games and get away with it once, maybe twice, before it comes back to haunt him; karma is karma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.