• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Two young read option qbs left and two of the best pocket qbs left

Cycleans

The Starter
Reaction score
I think the read option is here to stay and I'm pleased. The talent pool for the pocket passers is too small. After this weekend one could hardly say it doesn't work.

If either of the pocket passers this weekend, had a defense as good as either of the read option guys have, a Super Bowl victory would be all but a shoe-in for that pocket passer. IMHO

In reality, there's more than one way to skin a cat. The read option, and the pocket passer, are both here to stay.

Agreed. I'm hoping for the Broncos to send Belicheat home.
And for Krappernick (I like that) to lose the game with a mistake, so Crybaugh has a breakdown.

Then, have Peyton and the boys hang 50+ on the Tucan Sams in the SB.

This weekend is a terrible indicator of the difference between read option and pocket passer. Neither the Broncos nor the Patriots would be where they are if it weren't for their pocket passer QB's. That cannot be said of either of the read-option QB's.

It's not about comparing either of the NFC qbs to Manning or Brady. That would be ridiculous. I was speaking on the idea that a read option qb won't last and won't win a championship....

It's not about comparing either of the NFC qbs to Manning or Brady. That would be ridiculous. I was speaking on the idea that a read option qb won't last and won't win a championship....

I hear what you're saying and my response is that neither of the read-option QB's led their teams to this point. It was the team. Both the read-option QB's have pedestrian numbers at best. Their defenses have put them where they are with great OL's and dominant RB's. Put them in the position of either Pocket QB in the final four this year and neither of those teams makes the big show.

If Seadderall or the 49ers win the SB it will not be because of their QB's...it will be because they have all around good teams.

Seattle could very well have lost that game 24-23 yesterday.

Kaepernick only threw the ball 5 or 6 times in the first half when they had Seattle a bit disorganized.

They didn't score those extra few points when they had the chance to make the end of game challenge a FG instead of a TD.

That said, Wilson is going to have to play much better in the early going to beat Denver.

Denver can score quickly on offense or special teams with Holliday.

They also have the best kicker in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.