• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Twas the night before the draft

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score
Twas the night before Griffmas

OK, so I'm literally getting no work done because I'm busy surfing draft sites, dreaming of finally having a franchise QB in DC and being amazed that I actually have my first man crush. So I figured I might as well stop fighting it....

Twas the night before Griffmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The jerseys were hung by the closet with care,
In hopes that an “RG III” nameplate would soon be there.

The Skins fans were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of deep bombs danced in their heads.
And Mrs. 06 in her Skins shirt, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long night’s nap.

When out on the gridiron there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the white of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below.
When, what to my long-suffering eyes should appear,
But a QB running a naked bootleg, away on a tear

With a franchise QB, so fast and free,
I knew in a moment it must be St. RG3
More nimble than Eagles he juked one by one,
Then he laughed and stiff-armed a sorry Cowbum

"Now Pierre! now, Sleepy! now, Hank and Helu!
On, Royster! On, Morgan! And yes, Santana too!
To the endzone! to the top of the NFC-E!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away baby!"

Being the chumps they are, they started to cry,
All Cowbums, Giants and Eagles fans, said bye
To future Super Bowl hopes and conference wins too
All crushed under Griff’s mighty arm and swift shoe.

He sprang to the film room, for the Shannys to mold,
Then away he flew in weird socks, one burgundy, one gold.
But I heard him exclaim, as he passed a ball out of sight,
"Hail to the Redskins, for old DC I’ll fight!"

It's almost time to par-tay!! :djsmilie:

Last edited:
Nicely done, my brother. Nicely done.

Oh, and you aren't the only one getting very little done at work either. My whole week has been a hard grind just waiting for Thursday night.

Amazing! It was already blogged by the time I read it, but I definitely would have blogged it.

It really does kind feel like that, doesn't it?

I mean, we all KNOW who we're gonna take and I still can't wait until tomorrow.

It cost a lot but the Redskins are finally in position to fill their most pressing need since Brad Johnson left in 2001.

For all the glitz Cerrato and Snyder wanted to make year after year the one thing they never did was sign or trade for a major qb.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It's like being a kid at Christmas and already knowing what you're getting....but you can't wait for it to officially be placed under the tree so you can take it out and play with it. :D

We have a lot of talented people around here. Riggins44 did a shorter version in another thread - all of these are well done, including this one. Glad to see that it was blogged.

We are not alone in our excitement. Here is Robert's tweet from an hour ago:

Everyday it gets harder not to mention....the new teammates and fans of that team on twitter. Gonna respect the process and wait #OneMoreDay

We are not alone in our excitement. Here is Robert's tweet from an hour ago:

Really glad that he is excited too. This is the happiest I've been as a Redskins fan since the Super Bowl wins. He will be the best QB we've had since Sammy. No disrespect for Sonny, Joe, Doug, and Mark, but Mr. Griffin will have the biggest effect on the culture change for the Redskins in many years.

RIP to the Vinny era --- 1998 - 2010 and the lasting effects to the present. But it ends tomorrow night. And good riddance.

It's Griffmas Eve, baby!
I liked Goal's title a lot better so I edited it. Thanks for all your kind comments. Here's to the beginning of a new era!

Last edited:
MERRY GRIFFMAS, REDSKINS FANS!

#SoExcitedSoExcitedSoExcitedSoExcitedSoExcitedSoExcited

With all the high expectations that so many have put on this kid, he doesn't have anywhere to go, but down.

I am as hopeful as any man alive that Robert can help bring some new Lombardi's to my beloved Redskins.

But as for right now, he's an unproven rookie who has yet to pass Jamarcus Russell's NFL stats.

Moderation people.

BTW, the poem is stellar.

Merry Griffmas everyone!

Anyone else have trouble sleeping lat night? :)

What is sleep? I worked my full time job all day yesterday and I've been at my part time job since 10 p.m.... and I don't leave until 8:30 a.m....

So I ask again, what is sleep ::grin::

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.