• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trouble in Philly?

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Carson Wentz has reportedly said that if the Eagles start Jalen Hurts at QB, he 'wants out'.

Could Washington look North to find a long-term starter? And should they consider Wentz?

The scary thing is that the contract is not 'that bad' for a team willing to take it. You're only married to him for 1 season, so if you want to see what a change of scenery can do for him... you can pull that trigger. If after a year he aint it, you can move on for almost nothing. If he balls out, you have him for 2 more seasons at a very reasonable rate for a starting QB.

Whose willing to trade, San Fran ? NE but belicheat wouldnt pull the trigger, is he tradeable, sure but who out there has the need and assets to do so

Wentz is quite the "anti-leader". The way Philly became unfocused and disoriented thanks to him was a sight to behold.

I could see Chicago going after him. LOL. Reunion with Foles.

Whose willing to trade, San Fran ? NE but belicheat wouldnt pull the trigger, is he tradeable, sure but who out there has the need and assets to do so
Philly could pay another team to get rid of him. Brock Osweiler was expelled from Houston with a pick tagging along. Wentz is still tempting to many teams.

Philly could pay another team to get rid of him. Brock Osweiler was expelled from Houston with a pick tagging along. Wentz is still tempting to many teams.

exactly, could be worth it to Philly just to get him off the books... cheaper to trade him for a 7th than it is to cut him

Yeah actually I can see Elway bringing him to Denver lol

Philly looks so much better with Hurts running the show. And it's not like Hurts is playing amazing. He's just making plays Wentz did not. He's using his legs. He revitalized that team. I'm a little worried about the week 17 game now.

Even if they trade Wentz I think he counts 30 mil dead cap next year, Philly already has holes and an inflated budget for next year, I don't think even if they could move on from Wentz they'll have the ability to quickly. Of course other players have forced trades when it was a huge hit to the teams salary structure but those players were also malcontents and distracting. So far Wentz doesn't appear to be that guy.

Just for the record, I'm not really sold on Wentz as the right QB for Washington if that crazy transaction were somehow to occur, although I do think he'd put us in a better QB situation than we've had for 4-5 years (since Cousins). We've kind of worked our way into an untenable situation. Our QB of the future, who wasn't drafted by the new regime, looks at best like a project (2 years in). Our capable starter is old, on the cusp of retirement, and playing on one leg that could give out permanently at any moment. And we're winning enough to be out of the running for one of the first couple of QBs available.

That leaves us with some less than satisfying options:

1) Continue on the 'the project'. Buckle up if that's the plan.
2) Trade for or sign a castaway veteran (ie... bring in someone old, inconsistent, or frequently injured)
3) Draft a young QB in the first couple of rounds who no one has as a top 3 prospect. Yeah. I know. Teams find great QBs in later rounds all the time. But this team doesn't.

I'd really really like to draft a QB. But that scares the hell out of me. We cannot afford a project. We have got to find a young QB who learns quickly, is a team leader, and who by his 2nd season is productive and capable. Have to.

I think the Colts might bite on a trade if Philly eats the roster bonus, doubtful they bring Rivers back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.