• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trent Williams - Still Practicing Rectal Vocalization

You do bring up the way Haynesworth was "treated" but you ignore that it was the previous regime that made the promises. Once Shanahan came in, the promises made were no longer a factor and Haynesworthless was a cancer instead of simply going to the coach and telling him exactly what he wanted to do, or trade him. He could have bee straight up with Shanahan. Instead he made it clear he did not want to be an NT in the 3-4, had a public melt down, and the situation devolved.

There is absolutely no defending Haynesworth in that situation.

There is validity in opposition to implementing the 3-4 with Haslett and Phillip Daniels playing OLB in the 3-4. I was the only one screaming out against it back then.

Hahaha! Stop Ryan, I'm just kidding about being the only one...we were the most vocal, but we weren't the only ones who knew that transition would set us back.
LOL I dont get this "
but you ignore that it was the previous regime that made the promises. Once Shanahan came in, the promises made were no longer a factor and Haynesworthless was a cancer instead of simply going to the coach and telling him exactly what he wanted to do, or trade him. He could have bee straight up with Shanahan. Instead he made it clear he did not want to be an NT in the 3-4, had a public melt down, and the situation devolved."

when a TEAM makes a promise to sign a guy, its the TEAM whose word is either followed or broken. Shamahan came in trying to show everyone how much he knew and he ended up setting back this team by a decade defensively. the promises were always a factor, when you convince the most coveted Dtackle in the league to sign with you (and people forget he had better money deals on the table) keeping your word is something you better do. and Hayneworth was very clear from before shamahan even got here that he was not gonna play nosetackle, so your point doesnt make sense, he literally was very vocal about not playing nosetackle right off the bat. I said at the time it was gonna get ugly because to be blunt, shamahan had the power but haynesworth had the leverage. I was not shocked to watch him basically do just enough to get paid that obscene amount of money. watching as Carter and Daniels went from all pro level players to below average, and watching our depth at DE become useless, as we became a laughingstock on D only reinforced what a terrible decision bringing shamahan was.

LOL I dont get this "
but you ignore that it was the previous regime that made the promises. Once Shanahan came in, the promises made were no longer a factor and Haynesworthless was a cancer instead of simply going to the coach and telling him exactly what he wanted to do, or trade him. He could have bee straight up with Shanahan. Instead he made it clear he did not want to be an NT in the 3-4, had a public melt down, and the situation devolved."

when a TEAM makes a promise to sign a guy, its the TEAM whose word is either followed or broken. Shamahan came in trying to show everyone how much he knew and he ended up setting back this team by a decade defensively. the promises were always a factor, when you convince the most coveted Dtackle in the league to sign with you (and people forget he had better money deals on the table) keeping your word is something you better do. and Hayneworth was very clear from before shamahan even got here that he was not gonna play nosetackle, so your point doesnt make sense, he literally was very vocal about not playing nosetackle right off the bat. I said at the time it was gonna get ugly because to be blunt, shamahan had the power but haynesworth had the leverage. I was not shocked to watch him basically do just enough to get paid that obscene amount of money. watching as Carter and Daniels went from all pro level players to below average, and watching our depth at DE become useless, as we became a laughingstock on D only reinforced what a terrible decision bringing shamahan was.

I'm not going through this argument again. You see it how you see the Haynesworth situation, I think you're wrong. I will say this and leave it at that...

Your theory about changes in leadership are not reality in the real world, why would it be a reality in the NFL? New leaders come in and trim the fat all the time, regardless of what "word of mouth promises," were made. I am the victim of it.

Shanahan's fault in regards to this one situation, was not trading Haynesworth when he still had more value than a late round pick. Otherwise, Fat Al was the cancer.

Haynesworth was a piece of s**t before he got here, and just proved how much a piece of s**t he was while he was here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.