• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Travel Deals?

Thanks, Lanky. For some reason New Orleans never came to mind. Will look into this.

Thanks, Lanky. For some reason New Orleans never came to mind. Will look into this.

If you go, make sure you hit up Commander's Palace for dinner and Mother's (no reservations taken) for brunch/lunch. CP is expensive, but its one of the premiere restaurants in a city known for its cuisine. And its your 20th anniversary, worth spending a little cheddar on! People line up around the block to eat at Mother's.

My wife is an artist and our 20th anniversary is coming soon. I got to start planning to take her somewhere, problem is it will only be for long weekend. With our work schedules, kids, and stepdaughter getting married can't do anything longer.

Thought about going to New York, somewhere in FL, or even to the Jefferson in Richmond. If go to Jefferson Hotel want it to rain all weekend so we just stay in the room. :)

Will go somewhere where she can enjoy the art or inspire a painting. For me it will be about the food.

Go to NYC Gary. Lots for the art lover, and anything else your into.

Go to NYC Gary. Lots for the art lover, and anything else your into.

Gotta agree. NYC from the DC area would be the perfect weekend trip. It is not as expensive as one would expect either.

Yeah, but then you have to spend a weekend in New York City.

We've been to NYC before, but still an option. For her the art gallerys and me Little Italy, restaurant row, and couple other places.

LOL! Lanky, I would prefer to spend the weekend in NYC over New Orleans any day! You know NO is the murder capital of the country, right?

LOL! Lanky, I would prefer to spend the weekend in NYC over New Orleans any day! You know NO is the murder capital of the country, right?

Eh...all large cities have pretty high murder rates. If you stick to the touristy areas you're fine. And New Orleans has VERY well defined areas. Washington, DC was tops for a long time also, but I bet your folks still took you to the Kennedy Center (or the Mall & museums) from time to time.

Eh...all large cities have pretty high murder rates. If you stick to the touristy areas you're fine. And New Orleans has VERY well defined areas. Washington, DC was tops for a long time also, but I bet your folks still took you to the Kennedy Center (or the Mall & museums) from time to time.

Just bustin' chops. I have never spent any time in NO, but many friends have and they loved it. Well, except a group of buddies that were traveling across country in an RV and ended up there, coincidently, the same weekend as the Gay Pride Festival. They pulled up in the RV at a KOA Campground and thought nothing of seeing a bunch of guys hanging out, until they realized where they were. :rotflmao:

Very jealous here. Belize and Bora Bora are on the top of my list. And ten days? Wow! I can never take ten days off. Awesome for you, and I hope you love it.

I haven't been on a "real" vacation in about 4-5 years. A friend is getting married there, so we figured we'd go the week before and spend some time out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.