• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TRAINING CAMP 2010

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
131121.jpg

Starting at 4 pm today and the opening of the 2010 Redskins Training Camp, the offseason is officially over.

Can I get a amen?

BGO does not have any official boots on the ground at Ashburn this season, but we're close to some pretty good folks who do, so we'll be using this thread to provide updates/insights as we receive them. Please feel free to use this thread to discuss daily reports, news stories, or add your own thoughts, reactions and observations as we go. No official structure, just please remember to give proper attribution (links) to actual articles found elsewhere along with a snippet rather than the entire piece.

We'll figure out the rest as we go. We have audibles now.

With that, we're off and running.

Hail.

Thursday July 29 4:00 p.m. Practice
Friday July 30 8:30 a.m. Practice
Saturday July 31 8:30 a.m. Practice
Sunday August 1 8:30 a.m. Practice
Monday August 2 8:30 a.m. Practice
Tuesday August 3 8:30 a.m. Practice
Wednesday August 4 8:30 a.m. Practice
Thursday August 5 8:30 a.m. Practice
Saturday August 7 Fan Appreciation Day at Noon
Tuesday August 10 8:30 a.m. Practice
Wednesday August 11 8:30 a.m. Practice
Sunday August 15 Practice (TBD)
Monday August 16 8:30 a.m. Practice
Wednesday August 18 8:30 a.m. Practice
Thursday August 19 Practice (TBD) – Camp Breaks

These practices are open to the public free of charge. Parking lots will open approximately 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start of practice and gates will open one hour prior to the start of each practice.

Redskins Open Camp With a Fresh Look, Fresh Approach

Aspiration, inspiration, exhilaration and perspiration will mark the opening of Redskins training camp on Thursday.

New coaches and new players want desperately to erase the old – the 4-12 mark of 2009, the two-year absence from the playoffs and a pair of last-place finishes in the NFC East.

There’s good news and bad news even before the team hits the field.

The good? Albert Haynesworth is in town after an off-season spent away from the facility. The big defensive lineman appeared to be lighter than last season, met with head coach Mike Shanahan and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett and will practice if he passes conditioning tests.

The bad news? Guard Mike Williams will miss the season due to a pulmonary embolism.

Not much carries over. There’s a new quarterback in Donovan McNabb and a new offensive philosophy. The Redskins will line up defensively as a 3-4 team bent on creating havoc and turnovers, long missing from their arsenal.

Here’s a look at the offense, defense and special teams ...

click link for entire story

Last edited:
I think I am much more likely to go with Reid's report. He is, after all, presumably in the same zip code...

Welcome to training camp, amigos. Any news--whether it's news or not--is news. :cool:

No way AH is in pro football shape ... he didn't lose the reported 30-40 pounds by running gassers, guaranteed. He lost it with diet, steamroom and no doubt cardio. But he wasn't running sprints all day in the sunshine. I'll bet my own good money on that.

It's going to take him a couple weeks to get there. And it looks to me like Shanahan's going to make sure the entire world is aware he's making AH earn it. Don't know enough about the "physical" he subjected AH to to say for sure, but it would surprise me not if it was something of a moving target in this case. The new sherriff in town plays hardball. AH and the rest of the team may be getting that message loud and clear today.

"BGO does not have any official boots on the ground at Ashburn this season"

What manner of nonsense is this? As long as Pappas is walking and awake, BGO has eyes on scene.

I will do my best to share insight and tidbits with you people. If you have questions, I'll try like heck to answer.

Other than that, all I can say is A-to-the-MEN.

Haynesworth will not practice until he passes the test. As per the Post, he will work with the training staff until he does.

"BGO does not have any official boots on the ground at Ashburn this season"

What manner of nonsense is this? As long as Pappas is walking and awake, BGO has eyes on scene.

I will do my best to share insight and tidbits with you people. If you have questions, I'll try like heck to answer.

Other than that, all I can say is A-to-the-MEN.
I wouldn't have presumed, brother. At least not "officially." :cool4:

You are, as ever, The Man.

Ryan O'Halloran makes a great point over at CSN about Haynesworth and why the team does not want him to play:

"If Haynesworth continues to be in sub-par condition (in the team's eyes), he could be placed on the physically unable to perform list. The Redskins can't put Haynesworth on the PUP list once he goes through a single practice in pads. They could take him off the list at any point."

I was also reminded that Fred Davis failed it in 2008.

Lots of guys fail conditioning tests. Dan Cody failed his up in Baltimore...although he wasn't nicknamed "Mount Cody" for no reason.

Haynesworth will not practice until he passes the test. As per the Post, he will work with the training staff until he does.

In essence, he's going to be put through his own mini-offseason workout program. They're kinda forcing him to do what he should have been doing all along. Interesting move. I take it he will still attend the D-Line meetings even though he's not practicing. Hopefully, this will turn him into a "Mighty Humble Bumble".

Hey all, sorry I wasn't able to post more on here today. I got sucked into helping someone with their site as well as my own.

However, there are a few ways I can pitch in. If you follow twitter, please follow me @skinscast. I do post during practice. Also check out www.skinscast.com for updates.

We are just getting started with camp and I hope to be doing more here throughout the year.

You can also ask questions and I will do my best to answer. I definitely check in before and after practice.

John, if you could check into the safety situation a little bit, I'd really like to hear more on that.

To me, Doughty and Horton are both better against the run at strong than Landry. And Landry is better at free than Doughty, and maybe better than Horton. But it appears as though Landry is penciled in at strong, and Doughty, Horton and Moore will compete for free. (Honestly, my well-documented man crush on Reed aside, I like Horton out of that trio.)

I guess what I'd like to know is how set are they on starting Landry at strong, and who the front-runner is at free. Also, what might we see in terms of interchangeability in the two positions, or situational rotation.

Thanks for the great work, as always. :cheers:

Hey guys,
I will be at TC on the 7th. I was talking with Boone and I'm hoping already to do a recap over on IIWII. But I plan on taking a million pictures and I plan on making some of them exclusive to BGO and also do a similar recap here.

If there is anything in particular that you want me to focus on, let me know I'll see what I can do. Mind you, that this won't be close to what Pappas and co. have done (seriously John, best coverage on the web for TC period) but I'm hoping to get some nice things for my fellow BGOers.

-WD (Al)

John, if you could check into the safety situation a little bit, I'd really like to hear more on that.

To me, Doughty and Horton are both better against the run at strong than Landry. And Landry is better at free than Doughty, and maybe better than Horton. But it appears as though Landry is penciled in at strong, and Doughty, Horton and Moore will compete for free. (Honestly, my well-documented man crush on Reed aside, I like Horton out of that trio.)

I guess what I'd like to know is how set are they on starting Landry at strong, and who the front-runner is at free. Also, what might we see in terms of interchangeability in the two positions, or situational rotation.

Thanks for the great work, as always. :cheers:

Right now Landry is your strong, and Moore is free. But they are going to mix up the group, and I think Doughty and Horton will get their snaps.

Doughty to me is a solid player. What he lacks in physical ability he makes up for in smarts. He is a very intelligent player. Plus he is a very sure tackler. He is not going to destroy guys like Landry, but he is not going to let too many get by him.

Horton is a playmaker, and has a knack for being around the ball and making stuff happen. However, I think his problem is he is not as solid near the line as Doughty, not nearly as consistent. Nor is he really a free safety, although he has good range.

I think the key to all this is Moore. Moore has to step up and be the free safety. Otherwise I think we see different packages with Landry dropping back, and movement to disguise who is doing what prior to the snap.

I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the insight. I'm very surprised that Moore seems to be the guy at free right now. I think I've got my guy to watch in camp/preseason now.

Thanks again. :cheers:

Could very easily see Moore starting. It's going to be him or Doughty, I think.

Very interested in how Lorenzo Alexander looks as a big pass-rushing OLB.

Good morning folks. I am here at Redskins Park getting ready to go down to the fields. Make sure you follow me @skinscast for updates.

@RickMaese Albert Haynesworth will not be practicing again this morning. He's apparently failed the conditioning test for a second day in a row.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.