• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trade partners?-some information that Okung or

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
a reach; Pit might be looking for a QB in the draft:
Is a quarterback on the mind of Mike Tomlin's Steelers? Bleacher Report thinks so
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft?tag=globalNav;nfldraft
Draft picks 10-12 could see tradesEmail Print Comments 1Share retweet 4By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive
An offseason filled with trades could continue straight into Thursday night's NFL draft, and picks 10 through 12 could be where the action will happen.

A cluster of teams at picks 10 through 12 -- Jacksonville, Denver and Miami -- is interested in moving back in the draft, according to multiple league sources.

Meanwhile, another cluster of teams -- Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Philadelphia -- is interested in moving up in the draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5121342
click link for more

I have also thought it might make sense for Detroit to deal a 2nd for Haynesworth and take Okung with #2. Suh is a better value there, of course, but there isn't an All Pro LT on the market that can be had by dealing a 2nd round pick either.

*shrug*

Doubt it is going to happen though.

Is Suh better value? He's an unknown quantity at this point, and he's going to get in the neighborhood of $40-50 Million guaranteed. Since we've already paid a huge portion of Haynesworth's contract, I think I read he is available for 5 years at $16M or something like that. Even if STL paid half of his $21M roster bonus, that's still much less guaranteed $$ than Suh would get.

If Okung pans out, he'll protect their other investment, Bradford (presumably). So I think LT is a better investment there.

Lanky, I think you are mixing your posts. Aston was talking about StL dealing for Haynesworth and I was talking about Detroit dealing for him. And when I said Suh was a better value at #2 I meant vs Okung, not Haynesworth. They are doing to pay a premium for either at #2 so I wasn't thinking money but rather talent. I don't know anyone who thinks Okung is a better LT than Suh is DT.

Suh is the closest to a sure thing as there is in the draft if he's on the board when you pick regardless of your teams postional needs you pick him plain and simple. Guys like him come around once every 10 to 15 years ...you have to take this guy......they compare him to Reggie White / This guys a beast...

Last edited:
I bet the Lions are thinking about the trade. They are thinking Okung and the DT. The only issue I have is do we trade Haynesworth for just a 2nd round pick? Of course it is a pretty high 2nd.

I think the Skins have something up their sleeve. This is going to be an interesting couple days.

well I'm offically confused. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

TheDraft.jpg

Bradford doesn't sound very confident he's a Ram...I like it :)

Most of the trade noise now seems to be centering around us and the Saints, with Jammal Brown being mentioned on their side, and AH and Rocky being part of the deal on ours. I don't know if picks would be involved.

The rumor right now is Haynesworth and McIntosh for a combination of either picks, Jaamal Brown or just drafted Patrick Robinson.

The Saint fans think Haynesworth isn't worth much and many don't want to see him in NO (I'm scanning through some of their MBs as I type this).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.