• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Top 3 NFL Teams Oregon's Chip Kelly Should Coach

I am occasionally frustrated by Kyle's playcalling just like everyone else. But I think calling for the head of coach who arguably has been the best of the lot, in a year where our offensive production has been stellar compared to year's past, is a little over the top. We all want to think it's all RG3 - but he is a rookie QB, and in Kyle's offense has looked more like an MVP than a rookie. Kyle has also put an unheralded rookie RB in position to look like a pro bowler. You can't discount all that success as somehow occurring 'in spite of' coaching. Let's be fair.

I am occasionally frustrated by Kyle's playcalling just like everyone else. But I think calling for the head of coach who arguably has been the best of the lot, in a year where our offensive production has been stellar compared to year's past, is a little over the top. We all want to think it's all RG3 - but he is a rookie QB, and in Kyle's offense has looked more like an MVP than a rookie. Kyle has also put an unheralded rookie RB in position to look like a pro bowler. You can't discount all that success as somehow occurring 'in spite of' coaching. Let's be fair.

Except that offensive production has dipped drastically since the beginning of the year, and in my mind, its due to playcalling. Kyle, instead of sticking with what works, seems determined to show more and more flash, and its costing us.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

as teams get more film on us we get worse. I am not one of the guys who thinks a coaching carousel is the way to go but for hecks sake, eventually we have to do this right.

we need to BUILD a team, and Shannahan hasnt show that he can do this. he has had three seasons with no tangible improvement, I see teams like indy who everyone said was worse off than us last year turn it right around, i see teams like houston who only 3 years ago was not a good letalone great team. so why are we on pace for another terrible season despite having a vastly improved offence? you cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh$%^ but you should be able to do something with the talent we have on hand. I think if this team doesnt display SOMETHING in the last games, then yes you say so long Mike, and you bring in someone who you think can take advantage of the players we will have. who isnt gonna want to come in and coach the best qb prospect of this generation?

Except that offensive production has dipped drastically since the beginning of the year, and in my mind, its due to playcalling. Kyle, instead of sticking with what works, seems determined to show more and more flash, and its costing us.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

i agree with you... Brandon Banks shoudn't be touching the ball inside the 20, and Griffin is smart enough to ALWAYS give him a passing option.

But lets be real here, to repeat what other people are saying. 3 years ago, the Defense is what was winning us games, and even then it was few and far between.... now were talking about an offense that at least has the TALENT to put up 30 points relatively consistently. Defenses are getting film, so now were going to really get an idea how good Griffin and Shanahan really are.

If Kyle can get his head out of his butt when the game is on the line, we'll see something. He had a problem closing the deal in Houston, seeing as they never had a playoff appearance while he was there either. Hopefully he matures as a coordinator and realizes the doesn't ALWAYS need to fool the defense, sometimes you just have to beat them heads up, and in the redzone is when that is most important.

Hopefully he matures as a coordinator and realizes the doesn't ALWAYS need to fool the defense, sometimes you just have to beat them heads up, and in the redzone is when that is most important.

Uh, ST, the entire offensive system we're running with Griff is based on fooling the defense.

Uh, ST, the entire offensive system we're running with Griff is based on fooling the defense.

and whats our record? How bout Morris or young runs the ball in the redzone.... not banks

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

and whats our record? How bout Morris or young runs the ball in the redzone.... not banks

Banks doesn't exactly "fool" the defense, in fact using him is a "fool"ish tactical choice. :)

Banks doesn't exactly "fool" the defense, in fact using him is a "fool"ish tactical choice. :)

that's my point.... sometimes, you need to go heads up against a defense. Man against man, give Morris the rock and let him hit the A-gap right behind Young. Once they crash the center of the, then you get outside.

this team CANNOT go heads up against a defence. the reason we look good sometimes is that when we can get teams to try and play laterally, we have a shot, when teams play downhill football, we are screwed, too small, too weak. but we do need to run the ball creatively.

this team CANNOT go heads up against a defence. the reason we look good sometimes is that when we can get teams to try and play laterally, we have a shot, when teams play downhill football, we are screwed, too small, too weak. but we do need to run the ball creatively.

For the most part I agree... but the last 3 games the redzone play calling has been horrible. Early in the season we had an amazing td percentage with goal to go and banks didn't touch the ball

Oh I absolutely agree, our redzone playcalling is brutal, there is NO excuse for having Banks on the field. its pretty brutal

Fixed that for ya, lol.

Banks is awful - I was a fan, but he's completely useless at this point.

Fixed that for ya, lol.

Banks is awful - I was a fan, but he's completely useless at this point.

hahaha

Yeah there are quite a few roster spots on this team that just keep me questioning what the thought process is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.