• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Too cool not to share

CounterTrey

The Team Captain
Reaction score
There are still good people out there!

Going through the McDonalds drive thru tonight a very nice lady in a Mercury Mountaineer in front of us paid for my family's dinner in a random act of kindness. I made the cashier repeat it about 5 times before I believed him. So I got the car behind me, and I assume so on. Eventually someone got a 100% free meal out of it. Pretty darn cool if ya ask me.

It amazes me the impact that had on me, got me all sentimental and such. ;)

It just goes to show the little things in life can count for a whole lot.

That's an awesome story.

With my luck, the vehicle behind me would be a school bus.

Hah! I was a bit tense when I told him to take care of the car behind me, no doubt. ;)

There are still good people out there!

Going through the McDonalds drive thru tonight a very nice lady in a Mercury Mountaineer in front of us paid for my family's dinner in a random act of kindness. I made the cashier repeat it about 5 times before I believed him. So I got the car behind me, and I assume so on. Eventually someone got a 100% free meal out of it. Pretty darn cool if ya ask me.

It amazes me the impact that had on me, got me all sentimental and such. ;)

It just goes to show the little things in life can count for a whole lot.

Actual random act of kindness, or a flirtacious lady ?

I think it's so neat when people just do random acts of kindness for others, for no reason in particular, but to put a smile on another person's face. I had a similar scenario happen to me once at a Starbucks drive-thru and it made my day.

When I first started out in college in the Bay area, my roommate and I would go to her parents' place in San Jose on the occasional weekend to hang out and be fed good, home-cooked meals. Anyway, we always had to go through an I-80 toll bridge on the way back to our college campus and her mom would give us toll money (yeah, we were total spoiled brats) and an extra toll fare to pay for the car behind us. It was always fun to do that and hope it at least brought a little happiness to someone else's day. Now whenever I visit my girlfriends in SF I still pay an extra toll at that bridge on my way home, just for old times sake. :)

I try to buy the person behind me lunch once a week or so.

They did a story on the local news about this, it's getting more popular (at least around here).

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I had no idea and agree it's very cool idea. I can tell ya it made my week so I'm sure it can do the same for someone else.

In a similar vein, there was a guy here who paid off 60 delinquent lunch accounts for Houston school children, because they were getting cheese sandwiches instead of hot lunch. The world still has good people in it!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.