• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Today's Inactives

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Nov. 20, 2011

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVE PLAYERS

LANDOVER, Md. – The teams have announced the following inactive players for today’s game between the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys:

For the Washington Redskins:
- No. 30 S LaRon Landry
- No. 39 CB D.J. Johnson
- No. 51 LB Keyaron Fox
- No. 55 LB Markus White
- No. 79 G Maurice Hurt
- No. 84 WR Niles Paul
- No. 89 WR Santana Moss

For the Dallas Cowboys:
- No. 3 QB Jon Kitna
- No. 19 WR Miles Austin
- No. 21 CB Mike Jenkins
- No. 24 FB Tony Fiammetta
- No. 62 G David Arkin
- No. 70 G Daniel Loper
- No. 96 DE Clifton Geathers

It will be interesting to see who will start on the OL and at WR. Not surprised about LL.

I'm not sure how much longer we keep a guy around who simply can't stay on the field. All the ability in the world means nothing if you consistently suit up.

Would you guys use LL as trade bait for a safety depleted contender?

Even our active players are inactive today. Who knew?

Trade deadline has come and gone, brother, so no chance of this.

I meant in the off-season. Do we get some value for him before it's too late? Gomes had a couple unfortunate rookie mistakes, but overall had a solid game.

I think he is a FA after this season, El.

Well, Laron ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. I say we trade him anyway :)

I meant in the off-season. Do we get some value for him before it's too late? Gomes had a couple unfortunate rookie mistakes, but overall had a solid game.

I think even if he wasn't a free agent it'd be too late. He had one great half season stretch and otherwise has been a mediocre player at best. He's had more years where he took bad angles, whiffed on tackles, and stunk it up than games he took over or looked like a pro bowl safety.

I think even if he wasn't a free agent it'd be too late. He had one great half season stretch and otherwise has been a mediocre player at best.

This is really a difficult situation. According to the injury report, this is the same thing that caused him to miss the first two games this season. So he hasn't healed properly. Did he have surgery on it? I don't recall. And if he didn't, then why not? And does he need it now? And will he be healed by the beginning of next season if he has the surgery?

This is a very messed up situation. I'm not sure if he is to blame....a doctor is to blame...the training staff is to blame....or the coach is to blame. I remember that he wanted to come back quickly, and even complained about sitting those first two games. It now sounds like he has to shoulder some of the blame.

Regardless, he hasn't been consistantly good enough or great enough on the field to warrant that big salary. He's a middle of the road player not a superstar. He's not a great safety, but an average, maybe a slightly below average one. Great safties, even great strong safties can cover. He has difficulty in coverage and right now has difficulty even staying on the field.

I'd want him back, but only for what he's accomplished not based on his mythical potential which hasn't come close to his actual production.

Regardless, he hasn't been consistantly good enough or great enough on the field to warrant that big salary. He's a middle of the road player not a superstar. He's not a great safety, but an average, maybe a slightly below average one. Great safties, even great strong safties can cover. He has difficulty in coverage and right now has difficulty even staying on the field.

I'd want him back, but only for what he's accomplished not based on his mythical potential which hasn't come close to his actual production.

For this reason, I don't think he will be back. Athletes are loathe to admit they have not lived up to potential anyway, which is what makes contract negotiations so interesting. LaRon strikes me as a very confident, self-assured player, one who believes a lot of the hype about himself. When sitting down with Bruce Allen and/or Shanahan, and having them tell him he is too injured, plays out of position too much, etc., I just don't see that as an amicable situation.

Plus, if you follow him on Twitter, he really seems to blame the coaching and/or training staff for his injury problems, or at least for limiting him and not allowing him to play when he wants to.

I would guess the rest of this season is a nice little audition for Mnsr Gomes to show what he can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.