• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Three firsts and a second

Henry

I drink and I know things
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Just bored so I thought I'd take a look at something. This is what (I think) the Redskins have netted with their last three #1s and #2. I make no judgements, and have gone on record as saying I understand why we made the trade that we did. I'm just presenting for discussion:

Brian Orakpo

Trent Williams

Ryan Kerrigan
Jarvis Jenkins
Leanard Hankerson
Roy Helu
Dejon Gomes
Aldrick Robinson
Maurice Hurt

Devin Thomas
Malcolm Kelly
Taylor Jacobs
Patrick Ramsey
Ladell Betts
Rod Gardner
Fred Smoot

Its all a crapshoot...

Devin Thomas
Malcolm Kelly
Taylor Jacobs
Patrick Ramsey
Ladell Betts
Rod Gardner
Fred Smoot

Its all a crapshoot...

As has been mentioned many many times since we made the trade, Vinnie's no longer here. :)

As has been mentioned many many times since we made the trade, Vinnie's no longer here. :)

Which is also the direct argument to your OP. Vinny is no longer here. We're getting more bang for our buck with our other draft picks. Losing three of them isn't such a big deal if we can find guys who fit us schematically and have positive character. And we have those guys because, well, Vinny isn't here.

Okay. :)

Marcus Nash
Eric Brown
Willie Middlebrooks
Paul Toviessi
Ashley Lelie
George Foster
Terry Pierce
Tatum Bell
Darius Watts

When I see these two posts and the selections, it is night and day. Yes, Vinnius Cerratus chose Orakpo - got to to give him credit for that one. But those three 2nd rounders made me so mad that day. The only receiver I wanted was Jordy Nelson. Bah. Glad that he is taking up crawl space outside of Baltimore.

Just seeing those selections by Coach Shanahan and GM Allen should give us a lot joy and excitement for the drafts in 2012, 2013, and 2014. They still have a lot of picks and some gems will be found and a lot of depth will be added. We (most likely) have our franchise QB as well.

Life is good. :eclipsee_Victoria:

Which is also the direct argument to your OP. Vinny is no longer here. We're getting more bang for our buck with our other draft picks. Losing three of them isn't such a big deal if we can find guys who fit us schematically and have positive character. And we have those guys because, well, Vinny isn't here.

The absence of Ole Bugeyes is in itself a huge improvement, but we didn't just delete him, we replaced him with pros that complement each other and are working towards a common goal in a coherent plan. I understand that some still can't allow themselves to hope, the last decade has taken a frightful toll on many Skins fans, but the reality is just there to be seen, things ARE different. You can't just keep chanting that snakebit mantra and not admit that you are choosing to do it in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

well...Henry was also arguiing that those picks were wickered into multiple picks that produced value - the real opportunity cost.

but I agree.....the fly in the argument ointment is that the same people who are now making good decisions that netted these players....made the decision to go after Griffin. presumably....the run on adding positive increments of capability at the margin continues.

Well, as I said my post isn't really an argument for anything specifically. Just an observation. I happen to agree with you about our ability to find solid players in the later rounds. I think there are pros and cons to the trade, and you just pointed out a big pro. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.