• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thoughts on 2013 Scheduling

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
So, Griff is hurt but has a timeline to return by the season opener. However, nothing is certain. It just occurred to me that this might impact the way the NFL does our schedule. Obviously there will be no way for anyone to know for sure if Griff will make the opener by the time schedules have to be finalized.

So with that in mind...

Do you think the NFL will shy away from scheduling the Redskins for "marquee" games the month of September in the hope of making sure one of it's big draws, namely Griffin, will be back under center?

Probably. I would think come October and November, we will have quite a few primetime games though. Thanksgiving electrified the league this year, and it's impact will be felt for quite a while I suspect.

Didn't you hear? The media is already picking the cowboys to win the division and a favorite to make the superbowl next year so it really doesn't matter what we do. :rotflmao:

There's a ton of movement going on in the league this offseason, and I not pinning any hope at all on Robert starting at all before week 8. There is just no reason to hope for something like that. Cousins may already be better than a handful of QBs in the league right now. So I think with the entire offseason geared toward getting him ready for x amount of games, we will be competitive. IF and only IF they can sure up some of the other problems with the rest of the team. And if London retires, it throws a pretty good wrench in the program too. All this said, there is just too much that still has to happen this offseason for me to seriously entertain next year.

Our Dallas and NY games alone should warrant primetime though.

Of the eight teams left that can win the SB, I think there are three.....Green Bay, Atlanta, and Denver......that we play on the road this season. If one of those teams wins it and is slated for the opening Thursday night game, I can see the league putting the Redskins in there. Like it or not, the evidence we just saw play out at the end of this season suggests that RG3 is going to be put on the field week 1.

Yeah, mad props....apparently, yes, you were 100% correct Bob :cheers:

ESP guy.:) They better schedule some premier games. RG will start the season. Bank on it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.