• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This right here defines 'TEAM'....

Portis also still has the moves when he puts his mind to it. He had couple of very nice jukes to make guys miss completely on a screen yesterday. He turned what would likely have been a loss for most backs into very positive yards.

Portis also still has the moves when he puts his mind to it. He had couple of very nice jukes to make guys miss completely on a screen yesterday. He turned what would likely have been a loss for most backs into very positive yards.

No doubt. He still has some gas in the tank. We just need to use him wisely. If we line him up and run him 25 times a game he's not going to last.

I was one of the folks calling for him to get more carries to get the running game on track. After watching him yesterday I've changed my mind a bit. I don't think he can hold up to being an every down guy any more. In spots he can be very good though.

I want to pose a question to many of you who seem to think Armstrong is a bonehead for losing his footing yesterday. Have any of you played a competitive sport on the new turf they are using?

I have.

It is a tricky surface and one can easily lose their footing. It is not the most natural surface to run on with cleats. I love to play on it, but it is easy to trip up. I will give that one to AA, the catch and turn he made could easily result in what we saw yesterday.

Yeah, he had some nifty moves, then when he got some open field, he didn't have that next gear to switch into like you see in the other elite backs. He looked downright SLOW trying to get up-field.

I made a little snide reference about Armstrong in another thread, but I want it to be known that that post was in specific reference to mistakes in the game, not statements about how a player does in general-I love Armstrong, great hands and body control-he's a definite asset.

As far as Torain and Portis, I'd like to see Portis in a support role myself for one reason. Keep him as minimally damaged as possible for blocking-most teams don't have an RB that can block like CP can. He'll be invaluable in helping keep McNabb upright-and uninjured. I'd hate to see him leaned on as heavily as he has been in recent seasons only to wind up hurt and us facing a team known for serious LB blitzing.

Plus, I like the way Torain plays, runs hard and good to the outside. Our running game has taken an step upward, I think.

Also, how is blown coverage a bad thing? How many times did we see Campbell either not SEE the blown coverage, or overthrow a WR by 10 yards? Blown coverages happen almost every game - its up to the QB to see it and take advantage of it, which McNabb did.

Also, on the Davis play, it was designed to get him open like that. So, was the coverage blown? Sure, I guess you could say that, but also the play worked like it was designed to work.

I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sundays. :)

Good lord read what I wrote and not try and read in to something you think I'm trying to say.

In both cases the receiver broke away from coverage and was wide open before the ball was thrown. In both cases the ball was a little long, not too long on one of them, but long.

McNabb has never been someone with touch especially at short range, and if we go back to what I originally commented on which was "the jury is still out" I personally feel like it's been decided for years he's just not quite good enough.

Again, is he an upgrade? Sure, I mean who wouldn't be with the futile QB's we have had since the 90's.

It's obvious as well by your "He's an elite QB" comment that your definition of elite is WAY different than mine.

We'll agree to disagree on this topic, and I'll be wondering who the next QB of the Washington Redskins will be at season end, or at the very least who we will be grooming.

Last edited:
Portis did have one nice shot early on. i doubt there's a clip of it, but during one of his first runs he slammed into a defender and made him pay for the tackle pretty good.

But yeah, he's looking old these days.

most RBs these days are done by 30. Portis is what...29? Gibbs turned him into a North/South runner which...coupled to so so blocking....took a heavy toll.

hate to say it....but he's done after this season.

The ONLY thing I was agreeing or making a comparison to is that McNabb is a class act. Ramsey and Campbell were also class acts while in Washington. Neither of them got it done, and IMHO neither will McNabb. He has consistently choked under pressure for years, and still throws the ball in the dirt when rushed.

I can not believe how the media has hyped this guy for years, and people can't understand why Philly traded him away. I think it's pretty obvious. Is he an upgrade from Campbell, and or Ramsey? Of course he is but that isn't saying a whole lot. Neither of them are NFL caliber type QB's who were or are ever going to do a thing.
:twocents:
How ya like me now Lanky? Still say he is an Elite QB? You ought to know by now I haven't been wrong yet about the QB's in DC.
:moon:
Love Chewy

BTW, all in fun guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.