• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This right here defines 'TEAM'....

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Love McNabb's post-game comments....

Gave all the props to his teammates, but finally acknowledged that maybe his former employers should've thought better before trading him....

Good for you Donovan. You have the Skins in first place in the NFC East.

Now show me something.

Your offense has all but disappeared in the second half for 3 straight weeks. You haven't gotten it done yet.

Whether the Eagles made a mistake or not isn't determined by a road game. It's going to be determined by what you and the Skins offense do over the next 12 games.

The jury is still out.

I blogged in my Q and A this week about how Donovan would love to text his former teammates on the way home after a victory.

May his battery wear out just before arriving back in Ashburn. :)

First, I want to say Super Bowl here we come! OK, had to get that out of my system. I don't really believe that. :) I was impressed with his spontaneous reply after Shanahan gave him the game ball as well Boone. That shows a certain degree of loyalty. I like that!

I am not going to go into a diatribe about the mistakes that were made. I am happy we won. The only thing I will say is 3 possessions in the 4th quarter and we could not grind out the clock on them. That is what will kill us against better teams. And after tonight, I realize the Eagles aren't really that good.

Good victory after a tough loss! Hail!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fERrj93t5Q[/media]

The jury is still out.
:behead: I say
I'm SO glad he's our QB!
:yawnee:

Except for a few flashes in the Texans game, I am very un impressed. Same ole chokes under pressure QB he always was in Philly.

Still keeping my fingers crossed we don't sign him to any type of long term deal.

Class act sure. So was Ramsey, and Campbell. Where are they now?
:kick_can:

To compare Ramsey and/or Campbell with McNabb is insane. If you give those three guys the time to throw, how many of them make that over the shoulder throw to Cooley. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say one. If Armstrong doesn't trip over an invisible gopher, McNabb looks even better.

We have a lot of problems to fix, that was an ugly, ugly game. And yes, McNabb has issues too he can work on. But to say he is only a class act and to lump him in with Ramsey and Campbell? Come on... Ramsey never held a starting job again, and Campbell just got benches in Oakland for some guy no one outside of Fantasy Football has ever heard of. And he was benched in Oakland! Pretty sure McNabb would start for 2/3 of the league today.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm thrilled to have Mcnabb. I'll admit he hasn't hit his stride on a consistent basis and yesterdays was a tough outing for Mcnabb. I see a different Mcnabb when Heyer is playing LT. I'm pretty certain it's not my imagination. It could be adjustments to the playcalling as well....but he looks sharper when trent is covering his blindside.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'd forgotten what it was like to have a pro quarterback. Yeah, he still throws the dirt balls I've cheered for the past 10 years. But could you imagine this year with Campbell instead of McNabb?

Yesterday was 52 guys wanting to win for McNabb. Each and every guy gave a little extra, even Haynesworth had his best game. That was a team victory.

Yes, the offense disappeared in 2nd half. The Eagles made some halftime adjustments to stop run for one. Second, think our game plan was not to throw a lot to protect McNabb. Sure the coaches new Trent Cole would have a field day with Heyer if we threw a lot.

Whether the Eagles made a mistake or not isn't determined by a road game. It's going to be determined by what you and the Skins offense do over the next 12 games.

The jury is still out.

It's not just about McNabb though. Kolb looked like the second coming of Gus Frerotte out there. If he's the reason the Eagles traded Donovan away, Donovan may actually have a valid point.

It's not just about McNabb though. Kolb looked like the second coming of Gus Frerotte out there. If he's the reason the Eagles traded Donovan away, Donovan may actually have a valid point.

Actually, he reminded me more of Campbell. Lots of checkdowns, missing wide open receivers down field, etc. Granted it's only been a little more than one complete game, but Kolb doesn't look good.

Really breaks your heart, doesn't it?

I've been telling this to the Eagle fans I know, I'll say it here too. Even today's Donovan McNabb--at probably 80% of the level he was 5 years ago--is so much better than anything we've had pretending to be legitimate starting NFL quarterbacks' over the past X number of years around here it's almost ridiculous.

Donovan McNabb is a professional quarterback. He gives our team a chance to win, and will win games for the Redskins with his arm, legs, brain and leadership.

The man is also going to get better here. Maybe a LOT better. Let him actually learn the offense, get his LT back, maybe even have a legit #1 WR to throw to (anyone want to bet we enter 2011 without one?), and silly comments like the man is another Ramsey will be relegated to even the most cynical fans' dustbin.

Actually, he reminded me more of Campbell. Lots of checkdowns, missing wide open receivers down field, etc. Granted it's only been a little more than one complete game, but Kolb doesn't look good.

Really breaks your heart, doesn't it?

Heh.

From what I can tell, Campbell has a better arm than Kolb. Campbell just has no pocket presence whatsoever. And that's a terrible problem when you have no line. McNabb is light years better in that department.

Kolb seemed ok in the pocket. Maybe not great, but ok. However, he spent the entire day throwing checkdowns ... though he threw them really well. That reminded me a lot of Gus. The guy LOVED throwing to his backs and TEs, and we'd end up with tons of long drives ending with 0-3 points.

:behead: I say

:yawnee:

Except for a few flashes in the Texans game, I am very un impressed. Same ole chokes under pressure QB he always was in Philly.

Still keeping my fingers crossed we don't sign him to any type of long term deal.

Class act sure. So was Ramsey, and Campbell. Where are they now?
:kick_can:

You CAN'T be serious, Chewy. McNabb had 2 TD passes flubbed in that game - Davis quit running, then the turf-monster jumped up and bit Armstrong. Both of those should have been TDs.

To compare Ramsey and/or Campbell with McNabb is insane. If you give those three guys the time to throw, how many of them make that over the shoulder throw to Cooley. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say one. If Armstrong doesn't trip over an invisible gopher, McNabb looks even better.

We have a lot of problems to fix, that was an ugly, ugly game. And yes, McNabb has issues too he can work on. But to say he is only a class act and to lump him in with Ramsey and Campbell? Come on... Ramsey never held a starting job again, and Campbell just got benches in Oakland for some guy no one outside of Fantasy Football has ever heard of. And he was benched in Oakland! Pretty sure McNabb would start for 2/3 of the league today.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The ONLY thing I was agreeing or making a comparison to is that McNabb is a class act. Ramsey and Campbell were also class acts while in Washington. Neither of them got it done, and IMHO neither will McNabb. He has consistently choked under pressure for years, and still throws the ball in the dirt when rushed.

I can not believe how the media has hyped this guy for years, and people can't understand why Philly traded him away. I think it's pretty obvious. Is he an upgrade from Campbell, and or Ramsey? Of course he is but that isn't saying a whole lot. Neither of them are NFL caliber type QB's who were or are ever going to do a thing.
:twocents:

You CAN'T be serious, Chewy. McNabb had 2 TD passes flubbed in that game - Davis quit running, then the turf-monster jumped up and bit Armstrong. Both of those should have been TDs.
You know I'm not a stats type of guy but 8 for 19 for 125? Is that good enough for you?
BTW Blow coverage on both plays and the receiver was wide open, and in both cases the ball overthrown.

Chewy - McNabb's career numbers are 33,831 yards passing, for 219 TDs and 102 INTs. Tom Brady's career numbers: 31,602 yards passing, for 233 TDs and 101 INTs. You could make the argument they both had terrible receivers for much of their careers, but I would argue Deion Branch and David Patten >>> Todd Stinkston and Fred-Ex.

That is why he is hyped by the media, because you know, he's good. Its okay to take the blinders off now, he's no longer in Eagle green. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.