• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This offseason, what would you accept in a trade for Cousins

What's the least you would accept in a trade for Cousins this offseason ?

• 1 or more players (name him or them)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1st rounder + player(s)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 2nd round + player(s)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 3rd round + player(s)

• 1st rounder

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 2nd rounder

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 3rd round

• Combination of multiple draft picks (name the picks)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Combination of both multiple draft picks PLUS 1 or more players

• Other

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • HELL NO - No way would I trade him this offseason under any circumstance

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
If a team makes an offer for Kirk this offseason, what's the LEAST you would accept for him ?
If it includes a player, name the player or players.
If it includes MULTIPLE draft picks, identify the picks

I know it's habit, but we actually have other stuff to talk about this December, besides the offseason. lol

We need a backup qb.

So it better be something big if we're going to let him go.

2 second round picks...nothing less. And Jugs, I know what you mean, but for ***s and giggles, that's the least that I would offer. He's too valuable for us to accept anything less. Not to mention there is another crop of exciting young QB's coming out of college, so I doubt anyone would be willing to trade for Cousins anyway.

Revis maybe? NY needs a qb better than Sanchez and we could use a stud corner.

For Cousins, Haslett and DeAngelo Hall, I'll take Wade Phillips, a 6th rounder and a jar of marmalade from Houston. And I hate marmalade.

Great question, but I'd like to wait and see how healthy RG3 is at the end of the season before deciding.

if he gets injured again, then I think we have to keep Cousins.

There are a lot of really bad quarterbacks out there, so I would expect some interest. Brady Quinn is amazingly bad.....like "John Beck" bad. Arizona has an ugly situation too.

I agree with Elephant above, in that a lot of QBs will be drafted early, but I don't believe there are many sure things like RG3 and Luck last year.

Given that Robert stays healthy, at this point, I'd have to say an early second rounder.

Nothing. Kirk is a Redskn. This is why teams should a have a quality backup. Also, don't get carried away, 'twas the Browns after all...

It would have to be substantial, because whatever we get in return for him, you have to subtract from the value of that, whatever we sacrifice to get another high-quality backup, which we will surely need - in order to determine the net worth of what we get in a trade

If he wins out and brings us a Super Bowl no less than 2 first rounders

Personally, nothing short of a VERY high second or a first. I was watching the game iwth my dad yesterday and asked him when the last time was that we had two starting-caliber QBs on our roster. He's still thinking about it.

There is a certain amount of luck that goes into something like this. Remember a couple of years ago when the Pats picked Ryan Mallett and everyone said it was genius because they'd be able to flip him for a first or second? Or not...

If we trade Cousins, we're going to have to get another backup, probably another mid-range draft pick, and we might get lucky, or it might crap out. Why not stick with what we have, knowing he is more than competent and able to get the job done. We can trade him in a couple of years when his contract is close to being up.

Having said all that, if the Cards threw their second at us, I don't know how you could say no to that.

15 1st rounders
9 2nd rounders
And 24 4th rounders.

More important, who should we take with the 3rd pick in the upcoming 2043 NFL Draft?

If (and a big if) we did I would say a 1st and a 2nd. Then we can build depth and find someone to replace him.

Right now, I feel he is too valuable.

Despite his pedestrian statistics, I still feel he has enough upside that if the Colts want to trade Andrew Luck to us for Cousins and maybe a 2nd to sweeten the deal I think we should take it. Luck might be good enough to back up RGIII.

There is one glitch with trading Cousins. We still have a cap issue thanks to Mara. First priority should be to resign Orakpo.

We need to keep our core guys.

Despite his pedestrian statistics, I still feel he has enough upside that if the Colts want to trade Andrew Luck to us for Cousins and maybe a 2nd to sweeten the deal I think we should take it. Luck might be good enough to back up RGIII.

Haha! I see what you did there, and I LOVE IT.

Nothing, keep him here for injury insurance for at least another year
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Considering this is a somewhat weak draft for qbs this year... starting quality qbs like Cousins could be worth even more than usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.