• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

What position(s) should the WFT be focused on in the 2022 draft?

• Quarterback

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Running Back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wide Receiver

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Tight End

• Offensive Tackle

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Offensive Guard/Center

• Defensive Tackle

• Defensive End

• Linebacker

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Cornerback

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Safety

• Kicker or Punter

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Gotcha, forgot all about that. Seeing just 6 picks isn’t that appealing though.

Yeah no 3 and no 5... thats why I think trading back is a real possibility. We may not like it but getting Wentz opens up the option to not go qb. If we can trade back and get that 3rd back... and if Wentz works out, it all looks brilliant.

We need to cut Tress Way immediately and draft a new kicker!

I wish there’s a chance that Carson Strong is still on the board in the 4th round. It would be criminal not to pull the trigger on him.

Edit: Give him a year, maybe 2 fixing that knee while learning from Wentz & Heineken

And here continues the silly season

We'd have to trade our whole draft to get up that high...

I think they've locked in on 3 or 4 guys at 11 or trading back. This meeting is possibly for 'future' intel in the event he alarmingly falls, or he ends up on the open market later.

It probably has a major level of posturing also, if they're smart... keep everyone guessing.

Just seems dumb to me if true. You have limited time/resources and this seems like a waste of it.

Maybe there’s some angle we aren’t thinking of but damned if I can see it, lol

Throw off the scent? If so it's kind of a hollow way to do it, especially a couple weeks after Rivera came out and said they would no longer be in the market for a QB at 11.... (I want to say I remember him saying that but can't find the article now... )

Yeah, he did say that. Who knows??

Anyone watch any of the first weekend of the USFL ?
Anyone remember the last time USFL played games ?
Do you see anyone in the USFL you would want to "draft" after their season ?

Jameson Williams is generally discounted due to a season-ending knee injury.

Kyle Hamilton has been pushed to the top of the wish list despite a season-ending knee injury.

Drake London has been pushed to the top of the wish list despite a season-ending ankle fracture and recent hamstring issue.

I would happily take the pre-injury consensus WR1. In fact, I would be giddy over getting the receiver that dominated SEC defenses.

Let’s hope it’s silly season. Not impressed with Corral. Last thing we need is a young QB who has had ‘maturity issues’. Give me Carson Strong all day long if we go for a day 2 QB.

I'd like to think that our professional scouting dept and front office have done "a lot of research" on a LOT of players.
Including a lot of players that we end up not taking.
That's just how it works.
In fact, doing "extra research"on a player could mean the opposite from what's implied - researching a player more, because they have serious concerns about him ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.