• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The TV Show suggestion thread

Yep, which in my opinion is why they all suck. Not sure about Hulu though, I really know next to nothing about it. Alec Baldwin promoted it and I hate him, so I never looked into it.

I remember seeing a commercial about TV service via the net, and pretty sure it was 'real-time' TV service, I just can't remember the name of the company. Probably because I wasn't looking for that service at the time.

Can anyone tell me what happens 2 weeks from tonight?

We love Hulu, FWIW. We watch shows the next day most of the time, have to deal with a couple of commercials, but overall it's good.

Yeah, we use Hulu, Netflix and Amazon with our Roku, love it. I still keep the cable on for sports. If I could figure out a way to get reliable sporting events live, I'd drop cable in a heartbeat...

Yeah, we use Hulu, Netflix and Amazon with our Roku, love it. I still keep the cable on for sports. If I could figure out a way to get reliable sporting events live, I'd drop cable in a heartbeat...

Really, so no live sports, at all ? Or just not certain ones you're interested in ?
Because, apparently the major networks come free, like ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX.
And then you can purchase individual cable channels, which includes ESPN.
That way you just pay for the individual channels you want, as opposed to cable, which only comes in large packages.
Plus you can get season pass options, at a bigger price, of course.
So, between the above options, I don't see why you couldn't get some live sports, even if it's a smaller-scale option, at least.

I went to Best Buy, but they couldn't tell me the prices of the individual channels, though.
They went online to the Roku site, and determined the only way to find out prices of those channels, is if you create an account with Roku. And the only way to create an account with them, is if you buy the device first.
So, it sounds like you can't find out what you'd be paying for certain "live TV channels", until after you buy the Roku.
You guys know if there's another way to get that info ?

Never tried any of that. Where we are, NBC, CBS, etc don't come in real well because of all the mountains. I do plan on looking into it some more after the NCAA's.

Go with a Roku, an HD Antenna, and something that runs XBMC and you will have all the TV you want.

What SS said is spot on and I'm seriously close to doing that.

Problem is you have to be in range of hd broadcast signal.

Boss has a roku, he loves it. I'll get one when I have a kid so I rip all the kid movies and shows to a had drive and stream them on all the tvs and devices.

Go with a Roku, an HD Antenna, and something that runs XBMC and you will have all the TV you want.

Thanks. Sounds good.
So, roughly how much money are we talking, on a monthly basis ? (starting at)
Price is more important than a huge volume of channels.
Wanna at least beat the price of cable :D

Last edited:
Thanks. Sounds good.
So, roughly how much money are we talking, on a monthly basis ? (starting at)
Price is more important than a huge volume of channels.
Wanna at least beat the price of cable :D

Monthly, its no cost beyond the price of the individual services. Of course there is the hardware cost for the roku and whatever unit used for XBMC (I have been using boxee, but its been very unreliable this past year so Im searching other options) We pay for hulu plus and netflix and iots less than $20 per month. May ditch hulu though and just stream what we want.

Monthly, its no cost beyond the price of the individual services. Of course there is the hardware cost for the roku and whatever unit used for XBMC (I have been using boxee, but its been very unreliable this past year so Im searching other options) We pay for hulu plus and netflix and iots less than $20 per month. May ditch hulu though and just stream what we want.

I installed XBMC today and spent some time getting to know it. I had a lot of success with the MashUp add-on for movies. What add-ons have become your go to's?

One week from tonight I will be embroiled...

GoT

My wife is 4 episodes in to season 1. She won't admit she doesn't like it so far, but she has nodded off during two episodes. She said the pace is slow like a Billy Bob Thornton movie :laugh: Then she happily clicks play next. I just don't get it. I'm convinced she really only wants to watch it to be part of the conversation with a few of her friends. Friends, mind you, who she doesn't even know in real life, only on facebook. I think she just feels left out with all the memes lol.

Waiting impatiently for my doorbell to ring. Untethered, jailbroken Apple TV coming today. XBMC on steroids about to live here.

I really liked the first episode of Silicon Valley, the new Mike Judge series on HBO.

Anyone watching Fargo?? It's cool to see the similarities between the show and the movie. The show is much closer to talk events though, apparently.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.