• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Store of The Future Here Now?

That's just crazy. 2 side notes though.....

1. The pair he ordered was definitely a female jean, judging by the design on the back pockets :laugh:

2. I currently get Wranglers for $12-$15 a pair. I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend $40+ on a pair of jeans. I don't wear jeans because I want to look nice, I wear jeans because they're comfortable and I can abuse them with all the stuff I do and not ruin them for years. If I spend $40 on a pair of pants, it's really nice dress pants.

If you could get past the first 2 minutes of that video, you need to turn in your man card. Want to find a pair of jeans? I've worked out the whole process for you:

1. Go to jeans store.
2. Find size.
3. Select color (this one's easy - get the 'blue' ones)
4. Pay for jeans.
5. Stop at bar on way home. Drink beer. Gape at women younger than you.
6. Go home and put on jeans.

Glad I could help.

Okay, so maybe a "boutique" jeans store might not have been the best venue to introduce the idea in some quarters but I was referring to how the store operates obviously.

Imagine it as a hardware store, or a sporting goods store or something along those lines.

Geez. :D

If you could get past the first 2 minutes of that video, you need to turn in your man card. Want to find a pair of jeans? I've worked out the whole process for you:

1. Go to jeans store.
2. Find size.
3. Select color (this one's easy - get the 'blue' ones)
4. Pay for jeans.
5. Stop at bar on way home. Drink beer. Gape at women younger than you.
6. Go home and put on jeans.

Glad I could help.
Nailed it. Especially the part about blue jeans. I see a lot more stores now carrying various colors, and I just don't get it. If you're a man and wearing jeans for fashion reasons, you've missed the boat on something. I also can't stand how because of the youth of today being idiots (I know, I know, I've become that guy) it's getting more difficult to find jeans that aren't pre-worn, pre-stained, faded, or skinny jeans. Hopefully Walmart never becomes fashionable so I can get real man jeans forever :laugh:

And honestly, does anyone here actually use a fitting room for anything other than dress clothes? I don't even use one for that, but I completely get why some guys would. But for jeans? If you're a man and need a dressing room for jeans, you need to stop with the hormone replacement therapy.

/spits /chews chaw

Them dang designer jeans is for sissies!

/spits

Looking good is not "un-manly." Nothing wrong with different styles & shades of jeans. I have a pair of black and a pair of dark blue jeans for "dressier" occasions, and a pair of light blue jeans for casual/whatever wear. I don't buy $100 Diesel jeans or anything, but the cheap Target jeans look like crap on me so I usually go to Gap or Macy's or something similar, 'mid-range' for jeans. Usually try to go when they're on sale. Y'all are old & married, and when I get to that point I probably won't care either...but for now I'm a young professional, and I gotta keep my game up!

And honestly, does anyone here actually use a fitting room for anything other than dress clothes? I don't even use one for that, but I completely get why some guys would. But for jeans? If you're a man and need a dressing room for jeans, you need to stop with the hormone replacement therapy.

If you buy only one brand of jeans, then sure - you know your size probably and don't need to try them on. But different brands & different cuts fit very differently, and if you happen to fluctuate in weight, your size can change a lot.
Also, if you care about your appearance, you want to see what they look like first. :)

If you buy only one brand of jeans, then sure - you know your size probably and don't need to try them on. But different brands & different cuts fit very differently, and if you happen to fluctuate in weight, your size can change a lot.
Also, if you care about your appearance, you want to see what they look like first. :)
Sissy :laugh:

In response to the color thing, you went with black? Racist :D I was talking more like these guys you see now wearing orange/Tarheel blue/red/purple/etc. jeans. It's absurd.

There's one cut, there's one color, and I always buy the same size. My weight does fluctuate because of my BP pills, so I buy 38 regardless. If I fluctuate down, I wear a belt. If I go up, no belt. If it varies beyond that, I need a new pill.

As far as appearances go, there's no need to try when you're this ugly ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.