• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Smokescreen Thread

Lanky Livingston

The intelligent Redskins fans among us realize that there is no way the Redskins do anything except draft offense in the first round of this draft, whether it be trading up for RG3, trading down for Tannehill or Weeden, standing pat and doing the same (ugh), or taking Blackmon at 6 and grabbing Weeden in the 2nd (or trading back into the 1st to take him).

Well, maybe they go another direction and its wishful thinking that they do nothing else, but...

Anyway, we will see a bunch of smokescreens in the near future, so this thread is for all of them. Here is the first one:

Redskins Request Private Visit with LSU's Michael Brockers

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/2/23/2818784/redskins-request-private-visit-with-lsus-michael-brockers

Brockers is the top-rated prospect at his position (DT/DE), but I can't imagine the Skins would go in this direction. Or would they? If they can't re-sign Carriker, there would be a need there. Can't rely on Jenkins, no matter how well his rehab is going. And the thought of Brockers/Jenkins tandem on the DL isn't exactly a BAD thing (<punches self in face> "STOP IT, LANKY! WE NEED A QB!").

There are a lot of DT's who are solid enough in free agency this year. I doubt seriously this is an option.

I hope the Peyton rumors are a smokescreen.

If not, I can promise you'll have an irate hog on your hands.

The ultimate smokescreen: "If this team signs/drafts/doesn't draft _______ then I'm done with them!"

STFU! You ain't going anywhere.

hahahahahahahaahahahaaa!!!

well said, Ax. if youve been on board this long and survived the Spurrier incident you arent going anywhere!
I've been on board since before Lombardi showed up. We've never lost a fan that was worth keeping yet. ;)

Like Ax, I've been following the Skins before Lombardi as well. Must say like this thread. There will numerous rumors and or lies between now and Draft day.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I've been on board since before Lombardi showed up. We've never lost a fan that was worth keeping yet. ;)

Now THERE'S a quotable quote. :claps:

I have a hard time thinking we'd request a private visit just to provide a smokescreen. I DO think, however, that we could have spoken to Brockers to pick him brain of defensive schemes LSU played, and what he thought of teammate Morris Claiborne, or any other of his teammates for that matter.

Who knows? He could end up with the Skins somewhere down the road and they want to check him out.

I've been on board since before Lombardi showed up.

Wait a minute - there was no such thing as message boards when Lombardi was around. So I call BS on you claiim that you were a member of a board at that time ! :)

The ultimate smokescreen: "If this team signs/drafts/doesn't draft _______ then I'm done with them!"

STFU! You ain't going anywhere.

If the Skins don't get RG3, then I'm moving to Canada, for the CFL.

Wait a minute - there was no such thing as message boards when Lombardi was around. So I call BS on you claim that you were a member of a board at that time ! :)

Ax -"Of course I was a member of this board. In fact my girlfriend..eh..wife Morgan Fairchild turned me on to the site. Yeah, that's the ticket."

40043477_384x288_generated.jpg

the draft this year is ridiculous deep in interior linemen, something we can always use more of, look at JJ watt this year, the guy singlehandedly made the texans a viable 3-4 defence, just like Kerrigan helped us go from abject turd to decent in one season, we add an interior line probowler and it could be a very very good defence instead of middle of the pack. he might be a combine warrior but Dontari Poe could be the difference maker. he has better measurables than Haloti Ngata but he is raw.

Yeah, with Poe's Combine performance he went from an early 2nd round to a 1st round draft pick but there isn't much of a chance for us to draft him. I still think we upgrade the defensive line with Soliai or Pouha and re-sign Carriker.

I think those who think we are going to upgrade NT are going to be upset. I just don't see them putting a priority on it. I can see Coefield and Nield being it there with either late rounder or street agent bringing up the rear. I can't imagine not resigning Carriker while Jenkins gets used to playing either side as he gets his feet wet.

Too many straight up needs for luxury upgrades at this point. I'm not really sold on Coefield as the NT but I think we're gonna have to live with it for now.

I think those who think we are going to upgrade NT are going to be upset. I just don't see them putting a priority on it. I can see Coefield and Nield being it there with either late rounder or street agent bringing up the rear. I can't imagine not resigning Carriker while Jenkins gets used to playing either side as he gets his feet wet.

Too many straight up needs for luxury upgrades at this point. I'm not really sold on Coefield as the NT but I think we're gonna have to live with it for now.

An NT would not be luxury, it really is necessity. Cofield was average last year for a player who could play above average. And we have the money for a FA NT. We just re-signed Darion Scott, you think he is better than Carriker? If Carriker is not re-signed, which it looks like with the Scott signing, we must get an NT and let Cofield rotate out at DT/NT. Neild was solid early, but disappeared as the season went on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.