• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The RG3 video and pic thread

What I've seen so far (and I took some time to come around), RGIII has an arm, touch and accuracy that Tebow will never have.

Nick

Henry, I think part of that separation is how good Griffin seems to be leading his guys. They almost never have to slow down or adjust for the ball, they just run through the throw. That is the thing I see when I watch those highlights.

How many times did we see our guys have to slow down or stop or even go back for a ball in the last couple of years when if the pass had been where it was supposed to be the receiver would have run through it and into the end zone?

Well yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking. :)

Of course, I doubt they'll show underthrown balls on a highlite reel. Anyone here watch Griffin play enough to comment? I admit I didn't pay Griffin any attention until it was obvious we were going to get him.

Oh, and the kid has a wicked stiff arm for a QB too. He could give lessons to some backs in the NFL on how to do that.

Stiff arm I like. Hurdle ... not so much. :)

I noticed that RG3 (when not being chased out of the pocket) tends to throw flat-footed. Yet, he still has the ability to deliver it accurately and at a great distance. Amazing.

"Stiff-arm" and "NFL QB" should never be in the same sentence.

With EITHER arm. :paranoid:

Sacrifice the extra 3 yards, RG. Save the arm.

Please.

Well yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking. :)

Of course, I doubt they'll show underthrown balls on a highlite reel. Anyone here watch Griffin play enough to comment? I admit I didn't pay Griffin any attention until it was obvious we were going to get him.

Stiff arm I like. Hurdle ... not so much. :)

I caught the Bowl game last year (and put his name on my list of QBs to track this past season) and I watched about half of his games this year. He really is as good as the highlight reel. The thing that most impressed me about him was how he was always looking to throw the ball unless the play was a designed run. Their offensive line had consistent breakdowns and he was elusive enough to still make big plays.

One thing that may be misleading though is that a lot of times he goes down a lot easier than the highlight reel might have you believe. This seemed like a combination of the pressure getting there really quick and/ or him securing the ball and just wisely taking the sack. In fact, it was how he took sacks that probably was one of the things that most impressed me about him as I first started watching his games. He seemed to understand the need to secure the ball (usually - there were a few times he took off running and got a little sloppy with the ball and ended up fumbling the ball) and he rarely made a bad play worse via a costly fumble or pick - so unGrossmanlike.

I caught the Bowl game last year (and put his name on my list of QBs to track this past season) and I watched about half of his games this year. He really is as good as the highlight reel. The thing that most impressed me about him was how he was always looking to throw the ball unless the play was a designed run. Their offensive line had consistent breakdowns and he was elusive enough to still make big plays.

One thing that may be misleading though is that a lot of times he goes down a lot easier than the highlight reel might have you believe. This seemed like a combination of the pressure getting there really quick and/ or him securing the ball and just wisely taking the sack. In fact, it was how he took sacks that probably was one of the things that most impressed me about him as I first started watching his games. He seemed to understand the need to secure the ball (usually - there were a few times he took off running and got a little sloppy with the ball and ended up fumbling the ball) and he rarely made a bad play worse via a costly fumble or pick - so unGrossmanlike.

"unGrossmanlike". I do like the sound of that. :cool5:

Interesting. I heard some 'experts' talking about Griffin and Luck the other day (don't remember who), and they said that even though Griffin is the better runner, Luck is tougher to actually bring down.

I followed him last year as well B&G Lady, I concur, RG3 is the anti grossman. Luck probably should be harder to take down, though, he's bigger IIRC.

I followed him last year as well B&G Lady, I concur, RG3 is the anti grossman. Luck probably should be harder to take down, though, he's bigger IIRC.

Of course you followed RG3 because I made you!:smile2: Welcome to the board - glad you took me up on my suggestion!:thumbsup:

Thx! What can I say? My wife likes analysis and the skinz!

Where's the RG3 smileys?!!!

Not suprised to hear this. My GF is an avid Eagles fan and her knowledge of all things football (baseball and bball too) is through the roof. :)

44 in da house. :)

:cheers:

:cheers: HTTR! Surprised there's no Cult of RG3? I'm drinking the koolaid!

No, no, no, no, no, no!!! Those things are bad luck! Like I said in another thread, the one who started that "House of Haynesworth" thing is a loose cannon! :anonymous: :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.