• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The recipe for brewing the Heinicke chimera

SirClintonPortis

The Free Agent Vet
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Like food recipes, a Heinicke can only be made from the right ingredients.
Take a heaping amount of Kurt Warner, for the unheralded totally out-of-the-league beginnings and getting his career going with the QB1 getting injured.
Add in some Drew Brees, for the small size and injury risk.
Bring in a little Justin Herbert, for an athlete doing nerdy things(math classes yo)
Throw in Brett Favre's number
And just a dash of Romo INT syndrome to spice things up.

Or like someone else said, just palette swap Russell Wilson. :p

I have discovered two new ingredients to enhance the recipe.

Tebow's holy water for the late game theatrics.

The football philosopher's stone, key to producing the Elixir of Football Life, which provides football immortality, in possession of Thomas Edward Patrick Nick Flamel Brady.

I don't know what 'IT' is, but Heinicke really seems to have 'IT'. We saw yesterday, if the defense and ST can do enough to keep games close, Heinicke will find a way to bring it home. What I loved most about yesterday's performance was that he got back to being the QB he is, improvisational, unpredicatable, fearless. When the pass wasn't there, he took off and *mostly* did it without putting himself in major jeopardy.

I just love the kid.

After getting a game ball, the players were yelling 'Speech!!!'. All Heinicke could do is mutter a few lines. Heinicke is a football players football player. He does his talking on the field.

I think there's a chance he is our QB for a long time, and I think Rivera is starting to embrace the idea.

I don't know what 'IT' is, but Heinicke really seems to have 'IT'. We saw yesterday, if the defense and ST can do enough to keep games close, Heinicke will find a way to bring it home. What I loved most about yesterday's performance was that he got back to being the QB he is, improvisational, unpredicatable, fearless. When the pass wasn't there, he took off and *mostly* did it without putting himself in major jeopardy.

I just love the kid.

After getting a game ball, the players were yelling 'Speech!!!'. All Heinicke could do is mutter a few lines. Heinicke is a football players football player. He does his talking on the field.

I think there's a chance he is our QB for a long time, and I think Rivera is starting to embrace the idea.
Well, the macroscopic goal of the QB and offense in general is to get in the end zone. A QB's gotta have both the mind and the tangibles to help achieve that goal. Tangibles are easy to measure, and often heavily emphasized. The "mind for the game" is the riddle of scouting, and Taylor has one. Accuracy is inconsistent but money when he's on. Arm's not the biggest. Speed is actually high end.

Unpolished gem is probably a good term to describe him. He has some rough edges in his game so far, but he really shines in certain moments as well. Walmart Favre/Mahomes is another.

For someone who has as little starting experience as he has, he manages to be more dynamic than practically all of the QBs in the last decade and more. And he has a red zone TD streak going that started with the pylon dive against Tampa has yet to be interrupted. Both of the late TDs last game, I wouldn't expect any of our previous QBs to pull off. Haskins would have been dead on contact with a sack. Kirk would have been sacked or intercepted. Alex Smith would have just thrown the ball away. RGIII would have tried to run for a miracle but either get sacked or throw incompletions.

Reactions: Om

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.