• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The QB situation is not as dire as we may think

I wish there was some expert who could assess what the receivers are really doing...who is running good routes......who is getting open. can't tell from TV and I'm not going to DVR and watch this stuff! there have to be some keepers...doesn't there?
Yeah there are some keepers, but no big time playmakers. Need a go to guy for the next QB.

Maybe its wrong for me tosay this but i hope Moss is out next week so some of these younger guys can continue to develop

but it's not Moss that's the problem at WR but Gaffney and Stallworth who continue to drop passes and turn the ball over.

So...

Do we trade all the way up and surrender a bunch of picks for the next couple of drafts to get Andrew Luck?

Or...

Do we get another QB in the draft and rebuild the offense instead?

Or...

Do we promote Jonathan Crampton to the roster and let him get some reps here and there?

At this point, it is a tough call. I thought Beck did ok today when you consider that he had two replacements on the OL and another OL flat out stinks. Then the top receiver leaves the game early via an injury. Other receivers run the wrong routes. And yet, Beck was still able to go 22-37 for 279 yds. He also threw a TD pass and ran for another.

I stick to my original view that of the Redskins offseason signings, the only one they blew was the resigning of Jammal Brown to a 5 year deal.

There was no market for Brown as a left tackle at age 30 and coming off such a severe injury in 2009. His performance was uneven in 2010 and one can hardly expect a now 31 year old player to be improving over the next 2-3 years of his contract.

What a waste of money.

Continuity is only valuable when you have performers that can perform.

Maybe its wrong for me tosay this but i hope Moss is out next week so some of these younger guys can continue to develop

Moss has a broken hand, so I'd say he's done for a while if not the rest of the way.

So...

Do we trade all the way up and surrender a bunch of picks for the next couple of drafts to get Andrew Luck?

Or...

Do we get another QB in the draft and rebuild the offense instead?

Or...

Do we promote Jonathan Crampton to the roster and let him get some reps here and there?

At this point, it is a tough call. I thought Beck did ok today when you consider that he had two replacements on the OL and another OL flat out stinks. Then the top receiver leaves the game early via an injury. Other receivers run the wrong routes. And yet, Beck was still able to go 22-37 for 279 yds. He also threw a TD pass and ran for another.

Come on BB, Beck sucked pond water up his ass. I know it's true, because I read it on this forum.....:twitch:

Three different outcomes will come out of the John Beck experiment: (A)he can't do it, (B)he's a backup, or (C)he's a starter. Right now, he's on outcome B and has showed some flashes of potential that he's a starter.

but it's not Moss that's the problem at WR but Gaffney and Stallworth who continue to drop passes and turn the ball over.

sometimes by keeping a guy like Moss it prevents the groeth of other guys which is why i think we always go out and get these other vets. Hopefully my theary is put to good use sunday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.