• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Next Year

direrabbit0317

There may be millions of these posts out there right now, but I wanted to make one of my own.

At end of this year, after a few more losses, maybe two wins. We come to a "Throw the Bums Out" Mentality.

Who would you toss out?

My Pick:
Wilson
Polumbous
Bowen
Merriweather
Davis
Rambo
Orakpo (Try and get a trade)

Thats who I pick.

There may be millions of these posts out there right now, but I wanted to make one of my own.

At end of this year, after a few more losses, maybe two wins. We come to a "Throw the Bums Out" Mentality.

Who would you toss out?

My Pick:
Wilson
Polumbous
Bowen
Merriweather
Davis
Rambo

Thats who I pick.

Can't trade Orakpo.
He'll be a FA, and the trade deadline is passed

Maybe keep him in order to trade him

Lol, no chance that happens... If a team is interested in him, they'll approach him and make him an offer before he signs with the Redskins. They wouldnt coordinate with Orakpo and the Redskins, they would just talk to Orakpo. If Orakpo knew a team was interested, why would he sign here just to get sent to another team? He would sign with the other team off the bat.. Plus the other team wouldn't want this to happen if they can get him for free... why would they agree to Orakpo signing so they would then have to give something up to get him.

Who would you toss out?

My Pick:
Wilson
Polumbous
Bowen
Merriweather
Davis
Rambo

Thats who I pick.

I agree with everyone except Bowen. We have a very stout run defense and he's part of the reason. The lack of the pass rush is not on him. We need better play out of the DE and OLB positions. I don't want to see Bowen go anywhere.

Glad to see that I know a little about what im doing. Just a little.

I think Rambo deserves a second year before we make a decision on him.

Agreed, and I would keep Bowen too. I'm tossed up on Meriweather. He's been holding his own for the most part IMO.

Agree with the list other than Rambo and Merriweather. Rambo is too young to write off and BM can be coached out of dumb penalties IMHO.

Once released The Bruce needs to put a restraining order on Polumbus not to come within 100ft of Redskin park.

How about we keep Orakpo, go back to the 4-3 after we jettison Hasslett, and put him and Kerrigan back in their natural positions?

Well we're losing with them, so very few players are irreplaceable.

I was on the fence about Orakpo, but he looked strong last night and his sack numbers are up. I'd keep him.

I think anyone on the offensive line with the exception of Trent can be replaced and most of them should, Polumbus especially.

I agree that Rambo is young and should be given more time to develop.

Wilson and Merriweather can go.

I'd add Fletcher to that list. He's a great coach on the field but has lost a step. He doesn't seem to get there like he used to.

With as many needs as we have, it's inconceivable that we replace all of those borderline players in just one offseason of free agency and one draft.

Of the players named, I dont think its that difficult. Keeping Bowen, Rak, and Rambo... some of the replacements are alreay on the roster. this team is going to get very young, very fast

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

The problem with Orakpo is he is going to want a Demarcus Ware type deal despite the fact he is very inconsistent.

He gets to 9 or 10 sacks when healthy, but all of his production seems to come in four or five monster games.

The other 10 games he is merely solid to average.

I don't know. But looking at his performances in aggregate it seems hard to arrive at a mark of fair value and I think his agent and the Skins will have the same trouble.

I don 't see his return as a slam dunk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.