• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The More Things Change....................

Its gonna be painful to see JC succeed in a more run-oriented system like Pittsburgh or Carolina. He certainly won't get signed by any WCO teams.

The last thing this team needs is an inexperienced replacement for Zorn and Cerrato. Snyder is less likely to try and micro-manage with a veteran coach or GM.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The last thing this team needs is an inexperienced replacement for Zorn and Cerrato. Snyder is less likely to try and micro-manage with a veteran coach or GM.

I wholly agree that we need someone in the GM role that can and will stand up to Danny. They should be the shield for the coach, and thus the coach should be whomever is best, perhaps inexperienced as a head coach like a Leslie Frazier or Russ Grimm. The last thing the team needs is someone past their prime who can produce 8-10 wins a year with current management. That's all I think we'd get out of Shanahan or Holmgren. Then we're stuck in the never ending cycle of mediocrity ("Oh, we're just a player or two away.").

A veteran GM I will give you but when was the last time a real winning coach won the Super Bowl with his second team? A coordinator with lots of experience would be great. I will pass on all the guys out there with rings already who keep getting mentioned as possibles.

A veteran GM I will give you but when was the last time a real winning coach won the Super Bowl with his second team? A coordinator with lots of experience would be great. I will pass on all the guys out there with rings already who keep getting mentioned as possibles.

Dick Vermeil? That's the only one I can think of. Belichek, but he cheated and wasn't exactly a "winner" in Cleveland.

I will give you Dick Vermeil but with an asterisk because while he won with the Eagles, he didn't win a Super Bowl with them. I don't want a guy who has a ring yet. I want them hungry, feeling like they have something to prove. Not feeling like they have "arrived" and are now looking for that $5 million a year pay day to pad the retirement account.

He never won a second Super Bowl, but I gotta add Bill Parcels to conversation of coaches who've been successful with multiple teams.

Weeb Ewbank. Won it with the Colts in '58 and '59 and the Jets in '68:)

Modern day Mike Holmgren is probably the closest I can think of. He got to a superbowl with his second team and, frankly, should have won it.

Last edited:

Tell that to Marty Schottenheimer.

Took Snyder a year to realize that he HAD to micro-manage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.