• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

the memories!

fansince62

Dropped by NFL.com fora quick snooze. they have a fan poll on top 10 pro bowl plays. wanted to see if Sean's hit was in there.

It was.

I'm still smiling.

Man o man.....if only the horrid had never happened. No one player can make a team a sure thing, but we would have evolved differently IMO.

It was a helluva hit too... and the guy got up and slapped Sean on the helmet. It was the epitome of what the league was.... guys congratulated hard hits... didnt get fined for it.

From the draft of Chris Samuels in 2000 through the rest of the decade Sean Taylor was really the one draft gem this team had.

I still think his untimely death was one of the reasons Joe Gibbs decided to leave after the 2007 season.

It was a helluva hit too... and the guy got up and slapped Sean on the helmet. It was the epitome of what the league was.... guys congratulated hard hits... didnt get fined for it.

You bring up a good point. The guy gut up and congratulated Taylor on the hit. How many times now do you see guys get hit hard, and lay on the ground hoping to get a flag thrown. It's not as bad as soccer, where guys act like they got shot without contact, but the "I'm going to act hurt to draw a flag" really gets on my nerves.

From the draft of Chris Samuels in 2000 through the rest of the decade Sean Taylor was really the one draft gem this team had.

I still think his untimely death was one of the reasons Joe Gibbs decided to leave after the 2007 season.

Agree 100%.

I think we would be lucky if we didn't lose him in FA... somebody else would have signed him to big $

You know...we haven't heard anything about his kids in a long time. BB - you're the "insider" - any news?

I'm far from being an insider. I follow a few on twitter and get info that way - even though their news can be wrong on occasion.

I haven't heard any news about his daughter or fiancé.

Bulldog's Twin;227787 I still think his untimely death was one of the reasons Joe Gibbs decided to leave after the 2007 season.[/QUOTE said:
Totally agree with this. I was ay redskins park that Sunday when they came home from the game. It was Gibbs birthday. There were about 8-9 of us to welcome the team home. Gibbs invited us into his office and talked to each of us individually. Gave is a copy of his book. And told us hoe much he appreciated the fans. Who knew that while we were celebrating his birthday (we took a cake), a tragedy was happening in Florida. Spent the next two days at redskins park, first to pray Sean would be okay and then when the bad news was announced in the morning, was there first thing in morning to help Huly and Pez set up for what was sure to be a long day.

One particular aspect of Sean I remember was his amazing ability to strip the ball away from whoever he was going after. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone better at it.

One particular aspect of Sean I remember was his amazing ability to strip the ball away from whoever he was going after. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone better at it.

I appreciate you picking out one thing - because I honestly can't. I mean, honestly, not being a homer, but all-around football skills like his... I don't know if I can pick any particular thing.

Strength: check.
Speed: check.
Hands: check.
Football smarts: Generally good, and constantly improving. I guess this was the only thing that he ever faulted on occasionally, but the guy was constantly improving at this as well. He was highly emotional in the game, always wanted to score, so I guess that was sometimes to his detriment when he was young.... but the crazy thing always was, with his skill set... it was often possible he COULD score.

I have just not seen his equal. I remember a couple of times where the ball was thrown deep and he'd make his way across the field to play a part in the defense against the throw. I mean, you could simply NOT throw safely deep against the Skins if he was in deep coverage. You just couldn't. He could take away so much, almost all by himself. I don't know that I've ever seen an individual player have that much impact in a defensive strategy. Troy Polamalu comes to mind sometimes, but he doesn't have the same strength and speed - just at least in the general all-around and impact sense, I think he can play a similar role.

He was ridiculous.

Sean Taylor had this knack for making incredible plays and knew they were coming before stepping on the field. I have no idea how he did it, but it always made a highlight reel. Just before the Lions game several years ago, Taylor was on the field and taunting Eric Frampton a bit.

A little later in the game, watch what happened to Frampton via Sean. Frampton was out cold from a clean, but devastating hit.

Taylor's skills were unique.

He was basically Earl Thomas except 3 inches taller, 25 pounds heavier and faster.

That's sick when you consider Thomas is by far the best safety in the game today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.