• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The issue with Brandon Banks...

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Michigan State
...is this:

RI0911ZDC_lg_1.jpg

That's right, I found Brandon Banks in the September 2011 issue of ESPN HS (DC edition). In particular he is listed here:

BrandonBanks.jpg

This explains a lot. For one, now we know why he is so small...he's still in high school! Secondly, it explains why his performances to date have been lackluster...he's tired from just having played on Friday for Gwynn Park.

Anyway, I thought you all might find this little tidbit interesting.

:)

I think his knee is still bothering him and he just doesn't have the full speed he has when healthy and I think that is his big problem. Football players are never completely healthy and he needs to be to be effective.

Well to contribute in spirit I honestly think the coverage teams are constantly changing and a few key injuries, like Sellers for instance, has made it a little tougher. Seemed a little better this past week no? I remember when Dante Hall just disappeared one day, prolly how these little guys go, they don't fade they just go.

The Redskins teams units have done a decent enough job for a top returner to have broken some long runs, especially on punts.

On kicks Banks has simply made some bad decisions on when to make a return. And the coaching staff doesn't seem to be providing any leadership.

But then again I am not impressed by Danny Smith period.

Each week the special teams has left 3 points on the field with a combination of execution miscues that involve almost all teams units.

Banks is a one-trick pony whose one-trick is getting less and less relevant to the success of the team as other clubs scheme for him.

He's no longer a revelation, and the realization is sinking in that a guy that is 5'7 and 150 isn't going to last long in the NFL given how violent the game is.

Does anyone else have a problem with ESPN "High School?" I had no idea this existed, and I'm pretty amazed it does.

Does anyone else have a problem with ESPN "High School?" I had no idea this existed, and I'm pretty amazed it does.

Yeah, I do. I found it in my local high school when I was taking my son there for trumpet lessons. If you want to buy it online it'll cost your $4.95 but they have no problem giving them away for free in the high schools. And if you look at them they seem like nothing more than recruiting pamphlets for who're the best players and how to get recruited if you're in high school.

Yeah, I do. I found it in my local high school when I was taking my son there for trumpet lessons. If you want to buy it online it'll cost your $4.95 but they have no problem giving them away for free in the high schools. And if you look at them they seem like nothing more than recruiting pamphlets for who're the best players and how to get recruited if you're in high school.
There should be a law against that. ESPN has done way more damage to sports than it's done good, in my opinion.

His three main problems are this:

i) He's not getting many blocks, obviously, seems like the only huge jump on special teams is Gano actually making kicks.

ii) His head isn't in the right direction. Why he continues to come out when the ball is kicked nearly to the back endzone is beyond me. Over and over he makes it to the 15, does he not realize the 20 is where we end up if he kneels it? (can't say I didn't predict it, said this many times on twitter, to both he and his fans who bashed me, hence the reason he blocked me).

iii) His knee could be a problem, not sure, but I do have a feeling he isn't 100%.

It's a luxury for a team to carry a return man who doesn't play a position on offense or defense.

With the rules changes, that decision looks more suspect.

In the case of Banks he simply isn't durable enough to become a long-time fixture here as Mike Nelms and Brian Mitchell did.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.