• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The down to final 53 thread 2013

Here is the current thinking. The Giants and Eagles would love to have White on their roster to help learn the ZR system. White either stays or gets traded.

Or gets released :)

I don't know what'll go down today. But we will not keep 4 QBs.

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer 1m
The #Redskins have released nose tackle Ron Brace, according to a league source.

John Keim ‏@john_keim 8s
Jawan Jamison released per league source

It's funny how we all become attached to certain players and when they get cut we feel bad or are disappointed or mad or are so surprised. Yet, that is exactly what needs to happen for us to get better. And when we finally have a team in place with a decent degree of depth, this becomes even more apparent. Trust me, if Amerson and Rambo and Pugh et al turn out to be everything we hope they will be....Minnefield will be a tiny forgotten footnote in all our heads.

It's funny how we all become attached to certain players and when they get cut we feel bad or are disappointed or mad or are so surprised. Yet, that is exactly what needs to happen for us to get better. And when we finally have a team in place with a decent degree of depth, this becomes even more apparent. Trust me, if Amerson and Rambo and Pugh et al turn out to be everything we hope they will be....Minnefield will be a tiny forgotten footnote in all our heads.

Ultimately you have to defer to and trust the coaches and hope they make the right calls. On the other hand, if you think these decisions are unanimous or without heated debate in some cases, well...I'd argue otherwise. So the 'right call' isn't black and white. It's full of grey. I'm questioning the Minnifield release because, draft picks spent or not, our secondary was horrible coming into this season, and he's got the potential to be a starter. No point in crying about it though. I just think it's a mistake.

I've got to run some errands but I'll update the original post when I get back...BB - if you and others want to keep the thread updated that's cool if you're able.

Need to keep in mind that Boone and I have a fondness in our hearts for fellow UVA alums, but we understand the business. I believe Chase has a future in this league and if we can store him on the PS for a season, then all the better. If Chase moves on, we wish him well with the only exception being when he faces our Redskins.

I would not be at all surprised if we got a 6th or 7th rounder for White.
He's got a combination of factors in his/our favor.....the surge of the read-option which makes him valuable, many teams hurting at QB due to injury or poor performance, his impressive preseason performance, he's still young, his knowledge of the Redskins playbook :)........

Well, if we have decided not to keep him, obviously I'd love to be wrong.

White will be cut. Might get a 7th rounder.

The only questionable move I see so far is gambling on 7 years of Minnifield for one year of Winfield.

I'm all in, and don't want to appear negative, but Winfield is 36 years old. R Barber just retired at 37.

So we are hoping for one year of a Shawn Springs level, in exchange for a career of Minnifield.

Had Vinny done this, we'd be going crazy.

Pat White in the preseason had a qb rating of sub-60, two ints, zero tds passing, and a completion % of 56.

Who would trade for that? Is Parcells back in the NFL?

Rex Ryan.

He traded for Tebow, and what were his passing numbers ?
He picked Geno, and what kind of prospect is he ?

I doubt Rex has the latitude to trade in a used car at this point. Dead man walking.

Coaches see everything that we fans see, and much much much more.
Minnifield quite possibly did some boneheaded moves in practice and/or preseason.

It's possible that they question if he'll ever return to full health.

That being said, we have Merriweather on our squad with the same questions.

Just a big gamble, that's all.

Four cuts to go...

Could come from this group of players.

Chris Thompson
Dezmon Briscoe (IR, injury settlement?)
Kevin Matthews
Pat White
William Compton
Evan Royster
Niles Paul
Marvin Burdette
Jordan Pugh

The only questionable move I see so far is gambling on 7 years of Minnifield for one year of Winfield.

I'm all in, and don't want to appear negative, but Winfield is 36 years old. R Barber just retired at 37.

So we are hoping for one year of a Shawn Springs level, in exchange for a career of Minnifield.

Had Vinny done this, we'd be going crazy.
Totally agree here.

Watch Chase make the PS only to be poached a week later.

First we lose Crawford and now Chase.

Bummed out.

Four cuts to go...

Could come from this group of players.

Chris Thompson
Dezmon Briscoe (IR, injury settlement?)
Kevin Matthews
Pat White
William Compton
Evan Royster
Niles Paul
Marvin Burdette
Jordan Pugh

I'll take my stab at which 4.

Briscoe
Burdette
Compton
Royster

Unlike my previous comments, I now believe Paul makes it, since we only keep 1 FB, and Paul has proven to be a good blocker on offense, and solid on ST.
Of the 4 above, I am most likely wrong about Royster. He probably makes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.