• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bon Voyage Thread

I want to say that I don't care, that the team formerly known as the Redskins no longer matters to me and therefore a message board that I used to visit daily would obviously not matter to me, but I would be lying. We didn't always agree and I can be a stubborn cuss, But You guys created a real community, and I am guilty of being one of the fans who pretty much stopped caring about the team,and stopped coming here as often. My entire childhood right until high school I was spoiled with the Gibbs era, then I figured, " shit I can tough out a few bad years until we get good again" but 93-2020 ? shit.

I would still pop in here every few weeks but I didn't even see this thread until today which reminded me how rarely I even think about football these days. for decades I was so invested emotionally that when the time came that I decided I was done, I really was done. The sexscandals, the consistent idiocy by the FO, the abject incompetance that shows no signs of abating, I would like to say that was the only thing , but just being shitty is draining.

I would still check this board out sometimes because the best fans were here and guys who really like talking football, but I slowly realised, I was no longer one of them. I just couldn't get myself to even care much for a skins/ cowboys game, maybe because its hard to feel invested in a team called "washington football club" this aint soccer. but thats when I know its time to move on when I dont even care about beating the stupid cowpukes and ruining cowpie fans entire week.

this year 2020 really sucks, I lost my football team, the best place to talk about football and any desire I had to pay attention to football anymore.

my funny story is when one of the admins at the other site who was among those who banned me for life for simply stating an opinion about how stupid a move to the 3-4 was, suddenly showed up here saying he had been banned. I admit to a little schadenfreude.

I will miss arguing with Boone or talking about bbq, I will miss Om inserting random reference to extinction level events in posts about football and computers lol, I will miss arguing about things that dont really matter in the grand scheme but seemed so important at the time (even if I was right after all lol) but mostly I will just miss a great bunch of people, and seeing this post reminded me how important this team, and this site were to me, losing the team was bad enough, losing this site is just icing on a shit cake.

Hail.

Appreciate those thoughts Ryman, I think a lot of us are at that same place, finally turned into casual fans. Thanks for being with us these years.

This makes me sad. Thanks and goodbye.

You guys gonna leave up the BGO Facebook page?

This site blew the other one away and it wasn’t even kinda close. Over the years we’ve served as a therapy group for one another and I appreciate each and every one of you! Hats off to the mods who’ve made this such a fantastic place to chitchat about the skins & everything else under the sun. I’ll without a doubt miss this site for everything it’s stood for and wish each of you the very best with your future endeavors, whatever they may be.

Thanks for making a special place I could escape to vent about this team when it was most certainly warranted!

Last edited:
Thanks John for keeping this going all these years.

My enthusiasm for the team and the league has been trailing off for over a decade now, and at this point I'm pretty much fresh out. There's not much any messageboard could have done to stave that off, but I think without BGO I probably would have completely stopped following the team a while ago. You fought the good fight for a long time, and I tip my hat to you. I wish I had something more profound to say at this point but that's about all I've got left.

Hey will miss you all. I am pretty new. But loved it on here. As really hope that somewhere down the line. You all can reconsider. But life gets in the way. God bless and take care!

JPPT1974 We are restructuring our ownership group and looking likely we will continue on with the site if our current plan works out. So stick around :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.