• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

I’m only halfway following all this - primarily because it may be ugly but I don’t foresee the NFL forcing Snyder out barring something clearly much worse than anything hinted at so far. But why does Snyder have to be the sole owner? I would expect him to bring in a different group of minority owners as I can’t imagine there will a shortage of candidates for...

I’m only halfway following all this - primarily because it may be ugly but I don’t foresee the NFL forcing Snyder out barring something clearly much worse than anything hinted at so far. But why does Snyder have to be the sole owner? I would expect him to bring in a different group of minority owners as I can’t imagine there will a shortage of candidates for...

The NFL isn't going to 'force' him to sell. They're just not going to bail him out anymore and let nature take it's course.

There was 'fear' that this whole think could result in Snyder getting sole ownership and I just don't think he can afford to.

Washington’s owner is reportedly using his right of first refusal, which would allow him the chance to buy the shares from the three minority owners. However, he is only willing to buy the stake from Smith and Rothman, who own 25% of the team. In order for the $900 million sale to happen, Schar’s 15% share in the team must also be included.

This was from mid November.

So he's now currently under investigation for sexual misconduct. In a court filing it was found that there was a previous settlement paid out regarding a harassment case. Now it's found that even more settlements are passed around regarding the same issue. Snyder blocks the sale that was agreed upon in principle last year for 2/3 minority owners. Why? If there's no shortage of possible minority owners why haven't they taken over already? Now Bezos has contacted Moag, the company HIRED to initiate and oversee the sale of the minority stake.

The thought of Bezos owning the team to me is comical, he'd have to play nice with the Players Union and recently they've supported the unionization efforts for Amazon workers. There's nothing to me that states because he was successful with Amazon that he'd be an improvement over Snyder, not like Amazon has great press for worker treatment.

It is impossible, no matter who a new owner might be - for that individual not to be a better owner than Dan Snyder. Not Dan Snyder > Dan Snyder.

ABS.

The NFL isn't going to 'force' him to sell. They're just not going to bail him out anymore and let nature take it's course.

There was 'fear' that this whole think could result in Snyder getting sole ownership and I just don't think he can afford to.

This was from mid November.

So he's now currently under investigation for sexual misconduct. In a court filing it was found that there was a previous settlement paid out regarding a harassment case. Now it's found that even more settlements are passed around regarding the same issue. Snyder blocks the sale that was agreed upon in principle last year for 2/3 minority owners. Why? If there's no shortage of possible minority owners why haven't they taken over already? Now Bezos has contacted Moag, the company HIRED to initiate and oversee the sale of the minority stake.

I think the current ownership issues have to be resolved in court, but I don’t see any barriers to new or future minority owners. There could be a lot of things that bring Snyder down, I’m just not sure a lack of money is likely to be the one.

Oh I'm sure, but it's not like there is some clear path of finances that would lead anyone to believe that he can generate $1.4B to be able to finance the remaining 40%, or he would have done it a long time ago. If he could afford it, wouldn't he have already bought out the minority owners and sat atop his perch?

From a financial sense, why should he? He already has complete control of the team because the minority shares don't come with voting rights so buying them out gains him nothing in that end that he doesn't already have and would cost him money. At least that is the way I see it from what has been reported.

I think the current ownership issues have to be resolved in court, but I don’t see any barriers to new or future minority owners. There could be a lot of things that bring Snyder down, I’m just not sure a lack of money is likely to be the one.

no physical barriers, but Snyder has already blocked the sale. If he wanted to sell to a new minority ownership group it could have already happened, unless there was something in the wording that he didnt like... The way I see it there are only a couple reasons to block the sale when your minority owners want out. 1. You don't like the power the new guy would have. 2. you flat out don't like the new guy. 3. You want the stake for yourself.

From a financial sense, why should he? He already has complete control of the team because the minority shares don't come with voting rights so buying them out gains him nothing in that end that he doesn't already have and would cost him money. At least that is the way I see it from what has been reported.

says who? If you're going to drop $900 million, or a piece of it, wouldn't you be pretty adamant that you have a certain say in things... like maybe the team name? The current minority owners aren't public but the CEO of the company whos name is on the side of the teams stadium is part of the group. While they may not have their hands in day to day ops, they have their say.

Sure they have influence but they aren't doing anything right now that they couldn't do without owning part of the team. Phil Knight isn't part of ownership yet Nike was hugely influential in the naming coup.

Snyder didn't give the minority owners rights to any internal decision making and buying them out changes nothing for him other than to put him $1.4 billion, plus interest, in the hole.

Well if it does happen I bet the coverage from WaPo would significantly improve. 🤣

Sure they have influence but they aren't doing anything right now that they couldn't do without owning part of the team. Phil Knight isn't part of ownership yet Nike was hugely influential in the naming coup.

Snyder didn't give the minority owners rights to any internal decision making and buying them out changes nothing for him other than to put him $1.4 billion, plus interest, in the hole.

right, and they want out... so now the pressure is on. This isn't all on him, he's not the one asking for a sale so he can get full ownership, his minority owners want out and he may not have a choice because whoever pumps that kind of money likely doesn't take the same role as the others.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws here but a lot of stuff just isn't adding up. He had new buyers on the table and blocked 1 of them. He had his out but something caused him to say no. So he hasn't bought out the minority owners so I don't think he can afford to, he is attacking the one he 'blocked' from selling in public saying it was some sort of conspiracy to destroy his character, he's in court where they're making judgements to open files about said case, and he's under investigation by an investigator that has worked with the NFL multiple times in the past. There are a hell of a lot of different eyes on his dirty laundry....

Meanwhile there's the richest man in the world living along the Potomac River who has reportedly been in communication with the same firm hired to initiate and oversee the sale of the minority stake in the team... the same guy that owns the publication that has been reporting negatively about Snyder.

Daniel Snyder owns a forest of money trees (an NFL franchise).

I doubt he would have any difficulty finding lending with that collateral. (I don’t not know if or what the leagues rules may be on leverage limits.)

What we know: Minority owners wish to sell
What we don't know: The covenants and by-laws of the original agreement which may have clauses that give Snyder a right to refuse or block said sale

I'll use an example for myself: As part of my compensation package I own stock rights in the company I work for, I however cannot sell said shares at anytime I'd like (for those thinking this is a vesting issue, it isn't) but there is a window opportunity that has to be utilized and it cannot be traded i.e. for other stocks, just sold and guess who has the first rights to said stock, yep my employer and I also cannot sell at a loss, now I'm just a small fry in the corporate world but think of all that to get a grasp of. There's so much legalize I'd imagine when it comes to ownership at any level of any pro sports team it has got to be mind boggling and it's probably 50 frickin pages to try to figure out.

What we know: SO likes beer
What we don't know: How much beer does SO like

What we know: Minority owners wish to sell
What we don't know: The covenants and by-laws of the original agreement which may have clauses that give Snyder a right to refuse or block said sale

I'll use an example for myself: As part of my compensation package I own stock rights in the company I work for, I however cannot sell said shares at anytime I'd like (for those thinking this is a vesting issue, it isn't) but there is a window opportunity that has to be utilized and it cannot be traded i.e. for other stocks, just sold and guess who has the first rights to said stock, yep my employer and I also cannot sell at a loss, now I'm just a small fry in the corporate world but think of all that to get a grasp of. There's so much legalize I'd imagine when it comes to ownership at any level of any pro sports team it has got to be mind boggling and it's probably 50 frickin pages to try to figure out.

What we know: SO likes beer
What we don't know: How much beer does SO like

actually we do know that Snyder has right of first refusal of any sale by the minority owners... because he did it.

I believe it also means that if he blocks the sale, he has first right to purchase. Now what we don't know is if that means there are any additional steps that can be taken or if it just means the minority owner that is blocked is just screwed. It COULD mean the minority owner needs to keep coming back til Snyder signs off. It could also mean Snyder would be 'required' to offer the buyout himself... who knows.

I'd imagine it's a bit more like

what we know: SO Likes beer
What we don't know: How much it takes him to get drunk

Wanna shine a bigger light? Ask Alyssa Milano to start talking about it...

She has about as much credibility as a wet napkin, she's a nut job, everyone knows it (especially in her latest political conspiracy), her time has long since passed with her being able to sabre rattle.

She has about as much credibility as a wet napkin, she's a nut job, everyone knows it (especially in her latest political conspiracy), her time has long since passed with her being able to sabre rattle.

If we have learned anything, credibility is not the most important thing when it comes to social media influence. She likely has enough loud supporters that could turn the public (and sponsorship) eye to the team and the NFL very quickly.

She has influence agreed and not to derail the thread but I think the influence of Twitter Warriors is on the decline. Of course I created a twitter account 9 years ago, used it for a week, realized was a waste of my time so I'm biased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.