• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

That's Snyder for you. He's going to threaten anyone he can get away with threatening to try and dodge culpability for the past 20 years.

Yeah, that’s what I expect from a sleazebag like Snyder. It’s sad and the NFL needs to step in before it embarrasses the league even further.

So is Snyder hiring them directly... ?

Is it wrong to hope Gruden was named part of it? Asking for a friend

Open Letter From WFT Ex-Employees to Other Co-Workers
by Chris Russell (Sports Illustrated)

I received this letter via Megan Imbert, one of the women that came forward in the latest Washington Post story and allegations about Dan Snyder and the Washington Football Team workplace.

Imbert, along with three other women also came forward on ESPN Sunday afternoon with their experiences.

The letter below is from the group and designed to appeal to other former employees to come forward.

An open letter to our former Washington Football Team co-workers:

We are writing this letter not as representatives of any law firm or legal body, but as a group of your former WFT co-workers and friends in pursuit of one thing: the truth. Recent weeks have seen a continued outpouring of stories that paint a picture of the WFT that many of us who worked there were already well aware of: a toxic culture of brazen and institutionalized disrespect, misogyny, sexual harassment and worse that has gone unchecked for more than two decades under the ownership of Dan Snyder.

Recent evidence of clandestine cheerleader outtakes videos — complete with unintended nudity and allegedly ordered for the grotesque amusement of top executives and the owner himself — has exposed even greater depths of depravity within the Snyder-led organization...

To read the entire article, click HERE

I understand it’s unsubstantiated, but the quoted Snyder comment alone warrants him being done as an NFL owner. If someone wants to investigate the origins of misogyny and abuse of female employees at Redskins Park, they don’t need to look any further than at Dan Snyder.

Why is this ‘investigation’ taking so long? The impeachment of Donald Trump didn’t last this long. I’ll also say this. As far as requiring the cheerleaders to participate in 20 ‘public events’ (most of which seem to constitute little more than serving as eye candy for corporate assholes), it seems likely that in some instances unwanted advances and possibly even sexual favors were involved. That’s just conjecture on my part, but it only follows that if you are being required to ‘entertain’ bigwigs, that there are implications involved there. Those kinds of secrets are going to be the last things that come out if they occurred because of the embarrassment inherent in bringing it to light.

What a fucking pig Dan Snyder is and what a disgusting group of men he surrounded himself with. I hope he goes down because of all this, but odds are he’ll hire enough lawyers to escape without a scratch as he usually does.

Ive said it before - the NFL needs to eliminate cheerleading programs. At their core they objectify and demean women and their only real purpose is to market sexuality and meet the prurient interests of mostly male fans.

I’ll tell you what’s sad though. Skins fans will maniacally participate in a campaign to get a sub-par GM fired, but when it comes to ethical issues like this one, most say nothing and do nothing. They either passively condone it or they just don’t care enough about how women are treated to even communicate their disgust to the NFL.

"i'll fucking kill you"

if he really said that, that is a threat and criminal. I am not sure how much more needs to happen here. this is beyond ridiculous.

As much of a douche bag the Dan is I can’t see him threatening a life over cheerleaders appearance. I want the little bastard booted from Redskin history and all records of him stricken from the books, but not buying this at the moment.

"i'll fucking kill you"

if he really said that, that is a threat and criminal. I am not sure how much more needs to happen here. this is beyond ridiculous.

I think it was probably said in a joking manner - but the fact that the OWNER thinks that’s something okay to say, much less to joke about - that’s a problem.

I think it was probably said in a joking manner - but the fact that the OWNER thinks that’s something okay to say, much less to joke about - that’s a problem.
that is a joke you better REALLY know your audience with. I have known you almost a decade, had beers with you, and personal conversations...even then I highly doubt I make a joke like THAT. just really really bad.

Exactly. That’s what makes it so bad... no one in a normal corporate environment would feel it was okay to say something like that. But we’re talking about a guy who demands people avert their eyes when he is around. The fact that few have gone public about some of this stuff speaks to the implied threat they all worked under. Where could something like this be said and it doesn’t come to anyone’s attention for years, decades even?

I just read the Post article. My reaction was really divided between sympathy for these women, and a sweet desire to kick Snyder's ass. Take away this creeps wealth and you have a weasel that none of these women would speak to. Actually, I think that's might be the root cause of his overall behavior. I've always kind of imagined Snyder was the kid who got stuffed into his locker. Maybe this is Revenge of the Nerds for him.

The real issue here in my mind is the double standard. It's OK for Snyder to allow this type of systemic sexism and mistreatment of women to go on for 20 years and the NFL is almost paralyzed to do anything about it.

But if these allegations were that Snyder used the 'N' word and systematically discrimminated and denigrated African Americans or Hispanics and made for a hostile workplace for them, he would have been out on his *** upon the first report that came out months ago.

I would like to point out that this last nugget was dropped today.... on a Friday... when it was raining so none of the media members who can cover the team were at practice because it was in the bubble...

I'm not sure I'm understanding your point ST? Are you saying had it been an open practice there would have been a ton of questions about it? In my experience, none of the media guys want to get very close to this story. They won't even openly comment on these stories when they get posted by the WP and other outlets - and I know why. They fear pissing Snyder off and losing their access (or being viewed as hostile media like the WP is and getting no good access beyond whatever the NFL mandates. And they are right to fear it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.