• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

We all knew Dan Snyder was a prick and a waste of oxygen. That he allowed this to happen under his roof is disgusting. One HR rep? Seriously? That’s just bad business, even without lecherous employees. That’s just bad on a daily basis.

What worries me most is Snyder will dig in his heels and that none of this will mean a hill of beans to him and that no one can force him out. We know he’s stubborn and worse... petty and vindictive. There are a thousand different ways a company can be vindictive against an employee without upsetting any laws. I know. I’ve been on the receiving end. He needs to go ASAFP. Like yesterday.

The article specifically states that Snyder and Allen were not involved, but they were in the sense that they were in positions where they could have done something and failed. My daughter is young, but if one of those was mine... ? I’d have marched in there and choked the life from Santos, Mann, Greene, Gershman, Larry Michael, Allen and Snyder with my bare hands.

The only positive about the implosion of this franchise is seeing some very good old friends log-in. :cheers:

That all sounds exactly correct bnacpa. I think the problem is, Snyder knows he can't distance himself from all of it - because he himself created the dysfunctional, nasty environment where it all occurred. Perhaps as big a problem as the sexual harassment that was clearly just an accepted cultural aspect of being there, is Snyder's notorious foul temper and egomaniacal personality. When you put yourself above all others, possess zero humility, hold those under you in contempt, and make sure everyone understands just how ****ing important you believe you are, that sets the tone for others to act out with impunity.

I used to think Snyder just had a personality disorder, and was mostly misunderstood. But there's just no denying it anymore. He's the problem and always has been. All you really have to consider is that, here he is, 30 years into his ownership of this team, he's literally the most despised and hated (and I believe he is literally HATED), and yet he insists on holding on. Who does that? Who wants to own a football team his very customers despise him for owning?

Dan Snyder. That's who.

We must demand that the NFL, its corporate sponsors (read: masters), media, and other fans, .................................describing specific steps the organization is taking to ensure that the culture is actually being improved, providing specific and accurate metrics that will allow accurate assessment of a cultural improvement.

So, you'd be cool with getting rid of the cheerleaders, league wide, since they are "sexualized" and "objectified" and the entire concept is outdated in this enlightened world, correct?

A couple thoughts since I've had an opportunity to digest this news:

1) Who leaked all the really bad stuff that wasn't in the report, and was it leaked just in order to soften the blow of the horrible news we got? I mean, where are the sex/drug ragers with Snyder & Gruden? Where is the trafficking? Where is the bribing of referees? Where is the FBI? We were promised "biblical" by some. It sounded like Sons of Anarchy (not Sons of Washington). What we received was really bad, but what we were promised would have most definitively ended the Snyder era...

2) More details will probably come out after the courts determine that those NDAs are unenforceable and the actions of the Redskins were criminal. Dan Snyder should rip those NDAs up himself and allow his workforce to come clean, or maybe he has more to hide.

3) How long did they know about this, and was this also behind the push for a name change? The timing looks suspicious. It looks like FedEx should probably pull their sponsorship anyways.

4) I used to want to see Dan Snyder hoist a Lombardi trophy, and now I really don't want to see him anywhere near this franchise anymore. I'm just not certain this type of "bad" is going to end it.

Lastly, because a few of you brought the cheerleaders up, I agree with a few that they should be removed. You go to a game and listen to about 10-20% of the men around you when the cheerleaders walk out, you may draw the same conclusion that the culture problem isn't just inside Dan Snyder's inner circle.

The only positive about the implosion of this franchise is seeing some very good old friends log-in. :cheers:

That all sounds exactly correct bnacpa. I think the problem is, Snyder knows he can't distance himself from all of it - because he himself created the dysfunctional, nasty environment where it all occurred. Perhaps as big a problem as the sexual harassment that was clearly just an accepted cultural aspect of being there, is Snyder's notorious foul temper and egomaniacal personality. When you put yourself above all others, possess zero humility, hold those under you in contempt, and make sure everyone understands just how ****ing important you believe you are, that sets the tone for others to act out with impunity.

I used to think Snyder just had a personality disorder, and was mostly misunderstood. But there's just no denying it anymore. He's the problem and always has been. All you really have to consider is that, here he is, 30 years into his ownership of this team, he's literally the most despised and hated (and I believe he is literally HATED), and yet he insists on holding on. Who does that? Who wants to own a football team his very customers despise him for owning?

Dan Snyder. That's who.

Yep, he'll hold on to the bitter end, even if we're slapped by the league with the forfeiture of some first round picks, which wouldn't surprise me. The only way he sells is if it starts the team starts to cost him money out of his own pocket.

On one plane I agree with comments here. On another I don't and could care less. When I surveil what goes on in society I see no accountability for actions much worse than anything Snyder has been accused of.

I also see little to no accountability for ensuring we understand the truth before stabbing at the air in self-righteous anger (see Kavanaugh and many others). The accusations against Snyder et al may be true, but I have seen few if any posts arguing, especially in light of what we have witnessed at all levels of society, how these claims can be weaponized to destroy people - before justice and examination of the facts take place. The WaPO is known to go after its polticial enemies. The MSM is known to manufacture narratives. It's a concentrated, very wealthy, very rich group of people orchestrating these calculated attacks purposed for ulterior motives. The point is not that Snyder is not responsible for the accusations leveled at him. The point is......

The real principles at stake here are justice and rule of law. Justice for all. Unless one is prepared to fight for these principles in all venues it's, IMO, hollow sloganeering; a freebee with no real substance. These pigs in the media will go after Snyder. Fine. Jaded politicians gettng fat off paybacks, lusting for power will pursue political targets de jour often based on fabricated narratives. Both choose their targets selectively. I implore each of you not to fall for this. No matter how much you hate Snyder - it's not about him. It's about justice. It's about rule of law applied equally to everyone. It's about ensuring institutional integrity in the execution of responsibilities intended to apply justice and rule of law. You don't demand this you will get, as we are seeing at the highest levels, neither. And you will likely one day day become a victim yourself.

Don't lose the forest for the trees. Hold all these mfer's accountable regardless of what your voting registration card happens to read. We need to take back control.

Last edited by a moderator:
The truth is many NFL owners exempted themselves and their executives from mainstream standards of conduct.

It’s the result of absolute power corrupting.

Let’s face it. Until Richardson no owners were really held responsible the way you would see in a publicly held company.

If this was IBM or Microsoft the CEO would have to resign if a pattern of conduct could be established.

When you look at Jones or Kraft look at their personal conduct over time. Did a lot of questionable things and they are still here.

I was just noticing that a number of friends on social media were talking about something Kevin Sheehan said on radio 980 in the DMV this morning. Apparently, he mentioned how most of the league's owners have been frustrated with Dan Snyder over the years. Are they angry now and will this compel thirty-one owners to force Dan out? I guess we will find out.

So........

We could sit here and pontificate all day long. All of us agree that the revelations from WaPo are very serious, perhaps criminal in some cases. However, I get the distinct impression that there is more to the story - so much more. I think this is just the beginning. I'm selfishly hoping that more will be brought to the surface, but the compassionate Ken is hoping there are no other dramatic disclosures.

If it is just the beginning, let's hope it is the beginning of the end of Dan Snyder.

The WaPO is a lying rag. I wish people would quit referencing them as authoritative. They clearly have ulterior motives. Get to the truth. But rely on reputable sources. Demand unbiased processes be applied to uncover the truth. Snyder is being gang banged here. I don't care, endgame, what happens to him. I do care about the process - and the players.

We've seen this over and over and over these last few years: the truth has been corrupted in the service of power and wealth. The ruling paradigm has become ends justify means. Nail Snyder to the wall, but do it according to a fair process. And go after everyone else perpetrating the same violations of law.

They do have ulterior motives and total bias.

but, you can't slant or bias sexual harassment charges. They are either true or they aren't. In the day of zero tolerance, and with the accusations at 15 for now (could end up more), it is just too much to ignore.

I hate the WaPo as much as anyone here...but, this story has legs obviously. People are out, nobody has retorted, and we have even lawyered up.

I agree with waiting for all the facts to come out like with anything, but this does not seem far fetched at all.

Al, I totally agree with you about the Compost. This is one of those things that looks pretty damming, though. We have screenshots of texts and actual corroborated stories, unlike other things they publish.

Al, I totally agree with you about the Compost. This is one of those things that looks pretty damming, though. We have screenshots of texts and actual corroborated stories, unlike other things they publish.

ntotoro: I'm not disputing any of that. Snyder is nothing to me. I'm advocating for what the folks in the streets and the Sheehans claim to want - justice, fairness, rule of law. The Compost is a completey disreptuable, corrupt enterprise - like just about all MSM these days. There's a lot more at stake here than Snyder's mismanagement and toys.

I was just noticing that a number of friends on social media were talking about something Kevin Sheehan said on radio 980 in the DMV this morning. Apparently, he mentioned how most of the league's owners have been frustrated with Dan Snyder over the years. Are they angry now and will this compel thirty-one owners to force Dan out? I guess we will find out.

So........

We could sit here and pontificate all day long. All of us agree that the revelations from WaPo are very serious, perhaps criminal in some cases. However, I get the distinct impression that there is more to the story - so much more. I think this is just the beginning. I'm selfishly hoping that more will be brought to the surface, but the compassionate Ken is hoping there are no other dramatic disclosures.

If it is just the beginning, let's hope it is the beginning of the end of Dan Snyder.

No one wants to see that little prick go more than I. I smile when I see all that's going on because it does affirm my belief that karma will come to see you if you act like an ass or treat people like shit.

But I've seen a few good mens careers ruined over this type of shit, and all because of spiteful or butthurt bitches. The worst place I've seen it was when I was an Air Traffic instructor in the Air Force. We had a very high wash out rate because it's a very demanding career field which does not allow mistakes. I saw on more than one occasion when female trainees started to wash out they would resort to "Sgt So and So looked at my boobs" or "Sgt So and So rubbed my butt" in an effort to stay in training. Or hell, they'd outright offer to do you if you just let them pass. You had to be extremely careful around female trainees, never meet with them alone, keep doors open when you were talking to them, because they will sink your ass given the opportunity.

OTOH, you can see now that this is a coordinated attack on the danny and the Redskins by the woke mob. The sponsors suddenly, after all these years, have a problem with the name. Same with the minority owners. The pulling of merchandise. The media speculative stories, the stories from a paper owned by a woke billionaire. All of it, all at once.

If you want to nail danny on the harassment stuff, I have no problem at all with that, and am 97.5 % at least some of it is true. But do it BECAUSE it's true. Don't do it because you want him gone for whatever "woke" reasons. And get him gone with legit claims, not some chick from 15 years ago that said someone called her stupid.

Adam Schefter stated yesterday “Dan Snyder is going to own the team and that’s not gonna change” (insert sound effect of a deflating balloon). He could be wrong though, he is frequently.

If all these accusations turn out to be true and it doesn't end up with Lil' Danny being shown the door....this will be a let down, and it will be something that's quickly swept under the rug and just added to the list of embarrassments of the last 21 years.

If you want to nail danny on the harassment stuff, I have no problem at all with that, and am 97.5 % at least some of it is true. But do it BECAUSE it's true. Don't do it because you want him gone for whatever "woke" reasons. And get him gone with legit claims, not some chick from 15 years ago that said someone called her stupid.

You da man! We've both seen the same things.

You have even more reason to see the Dan's head rested on the log of justice given your Mom's experience. Let the wheels of justice roll - uncorrupted, unimpeded by politics and money from the mob or leadership with other incentives.

IMO, this will boil down to either an "unhealthy" climate finding or no-kidding sexual quid pro quo. If the latter, Snyder is done. If the former, not so sure how it will play out. Someone else in this thread already figured this angle out when refering to recent firings vis overall accountability (Big Mike I think).

I struggle to see how Snyder can be removed unless new evidence comes to light. Jerry Richardson was removed, but the complaints about behavior were about him and not his personnel. Snyder comes away guilty of negligence and mismanagement mostly from the current information we have. I have supported him to a fault over the years... However, while I wish him no ill will, it brings me pain hearing him attached to this team now. I'd appreciate it if we could just move on with new ownership.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.