• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

The least surprising part of this is that Snyder handles the organization behind the scene as well as he did the product we see on the field. He skimped on anything he could. An understaffed HR department and the fact they didn’t have appropriate structure for reporting these harassments is ridiculous. Especially after all the Metoo stuff from a few years ago. How do you not learn from that? I know that is rhetorical, but it’s still pathetic.

So, how many now think Larry Michael is a good guy.

I met him. He’s a prick. Arrogant, self-satisfied little troll that fits in well with Snyder.

Figures he would run away.
Well - he's obviously got issues. I'm not gonna be shamed for saying he was a good guy though - I can only go by what I experienced first hand. But betting on anyone associated with this dumpster fire of a franchise being 'a good guy' is almost always a losing proposition.

I put this on my FB a short time ago...

A Washington Post article dropped a short time ago. It's about my Washington Redskins. In no way will I defend the Redskins owner and team officials who engaged in this conduct.

I've known about it for nearly a week, but not all of it. I didn't want to believe it, but I knew it was true. When you learn of the various stories, it will disgust you. You will be angered. You will hate the Redskins and I won't blame you one bit.

I'm not here to defend anything. If changes are not made, I will move on from what has been a lifelong commitment. This fan is mad. I will continue to write for Riggo's Rag and BGO. My loyalty is to them.

FYI. Am I an insider? No. Do I know a few people? No comment. None of that is important to me. It's football and while I am a passionate sports fan, there are more important things in life.
I'll continue to link to articles that I have written, but each of you needs to know where I'm coming from and why I am evaluating so many things going forward.

All this story does is confirm that Snyder is the douche bag we knew he was and that guys like Santos and Michael didn’t belong in the NFL.

So, I wonder how many other teams have this atmosphere/work environment? I can see everyone in the league having to take sensitivity and EEO training to appease the SJW gods

You can bet Jerry was a holy terror 20 years ago when Dallas was riding high.

But times have changed and looking at female employees as playthings today is verboten.

So, I wonder how many other teams have this atmosphere/work environment? I can see everyone in the league having to take sensitivity and EEO training to appease the SJW gods
Sorry - but what a bullshit post. If it happens everywhere then they NEED training and education, but more importantly to be held accountable. Put your club down Sarge - the caveman days are over.

I read the article and cried. It is so awful. It brings up so many painful emotions for me, it feels visceral and I want to puke. I can’t even form, like coherent thoughts. Except to say I’m done. Not only with the Skins, but the NFL. I’m so sick of this fucked up patriarchal society from professional sports to our presidency. I’m just done. The NFL is not a safe place for females.

No wonder NFL players are upset with suspensions levied by the pious Goddell for doing things the executives do every day and get away with.

As with everything else the troubles if there are any usually start at the top.

Sorry - but what a bullshit post. If it happens everywhere then they NEED training and education, but more importantly to be held accountable. Put your club down Sarge - the caveman days are over.

Think what you like, but the SJW types have been after football for awhile now. They'll simply use this to go after the rest of the clubs, even if the clubs aren't engaged in the behavior. And no, I wasn't condoning the behavior, simply condemning the tactics of the SJW's.

As far as snyder is concerned, this doesn't surprise me at all. I've only been saying he's a dickhead for 21 years now

It would not surprise me that this happens throughout the league and in more sports than just football. In fact, I know it happens in the corporate world too. The problem is, too many people say “well, it happens everywhere” and then nothing ever changes. I remember in the 90s, there was a really high profile person who had a problem sexually harassing women. But all I heard was it’s not a big deal because everyone is doing it. 20 years later, another high profile person was accused of sexual harassment. Different people were saying it, but the sentiment was the same “everyone does it”. Now there is another high profile person with a history of sexual harassment and guess what, the people have changed but the excuse is the same “everyone else does it”.

It’s not ok and it’s not right. Regardless of who does it and who doesn’t. And as long as we keep making excuses for these things, people will do this. This isn’t a new problem. It’s happened since the beginning of time. So we can say “it’s always been like this” or we can stand up against it. It’s always easy to stand up against it when it’s someone we don’t like. And yeah, we all hate Snyder, but we love the Redskins. And this is something that goes to the heart of the organization. It is wrong and it can’t be tolerated. We can’t just sit by or make excuses or act like everyone else does this, so lets ride it out and it will blow over. We can start with calling out the problems in our own house.

Sarge’s post is a perfect example of why the NFL isn’t a safe place for females. I’m only sad it’s taken me this long to figure it out.

I’ve heard stories from close girlfriends, one of whom was a cheerleader for the Ravens, one of whom worked in marketing for the 49ers, that this type of good ole boy culture and sexualization of females was widespread. Sad that I kind of minimized their experiences (they never claimed sexual harassment, just the overall culture) until now. I can’t really explain why this is the tipping point for me, possibly because 2020 has been such a rough year in general.

Sarge’s post is a perfect example of why the NFL isn’t a safe place for females. I’m only sad it’s taken me this long to figure it out.

I’ve heard stories from close girlfriends, one of whom was a cheerleader for the Ravens, one of whom worked in marketing for the 49ers, that this type of good ole boy culture and sexualization of females was widespread. Sad that I kind of minimized their experiences (they never claimed sexual harassment, just the overall culture) until now. I can’t really explain why this is the tipping point for me, possibly because 2020 has been such a rough year in general.

Let me tell you about dan snyders first day as owner of the Redskins. Previously, when it looked like he had secured the team, he sent a letter to all the employees at Redskins Park, since no one there knew whether or not they would keep their jobs. danny sent a very nice letter to them all, saying how they were all family and their jobs were safe. Fast forward to the day he bought the team. The ink hadn't dried yet when he arrived at Redskins Park and began the purge. He fired a bunch of people up front and then walked into the outer office of Mr Cookes old office and didn't say a word to either my Mom or the other lady that helped keep Mr Cookes world in order, except to bark at my Moms co worker "Get me a Coke". He spent about a half an hour in the office and when he came out he said to my Mom and her co worker "You two have until 5 oclock this afternoon to clear your desks out and leave. If you can't do it by 5, you can come back on Sat between the hours of 9 and 11 to get your stuff". Then he left.

That's the kind of assholishness people there have been dealing with ever since. I'd say the Karma bunny has entered the building

The fact this article made Page 1 is evidence things are changing.

25 years ago people would laugh this kind of thing off. But that’s not happening anymore.

The Redskins are perhaps a ‘worst’ case scenario because the owner is a dark personality type and allowed a LOT of other stuff go that wouldn’t elsewhere.

We can talk about the NFL and they are some years behind, but I can recall incidents of this type in regular business in the early 1990’s and it went largely unpunished.

The NFL is finally learning they aren’t immune from the rules the rest of us follow.

Think what you like, but the SJW types have been after football for awhile now. They'll simply use this to go after the rest of the clubs, even if the clubs aren't engaged in the behavior. And no, I wasn't condoning the behavior, simply condemning the tactics of the SJW's.

As far as snyder is concerned, this doesn't surprise me at all. I've only been saying he's a dickhead for 21 years now

I follow a number of female NFL reporters and they have had some interesting things to say today. This is a problem throughout the league.

How often have we heard of colleges and universities trying to get the prized recruit(s)? They have used young coeds, cheerleaders, etc. to lure these athletes to their programs. Don't be surprised if this is still going on.

The fact this article made Page 1 is evidence things are changing.

25 years ago people would laugh this kind of thing off. But that’s not happening anymore.

The Redskins are perhaps a ‘worst’ case scenario because the owner is a dark personality type and allowed a LOT of other stuff go that wouldn’t elsewhere.

We can talk about the NFL and they are some years behind, but I can recall incidents of this type in regular business in the early 1990’s and it went largely unpunished.

The NFL is finally learning they aren’t immune from the rules the rest of us follow.

But then on the flip side, you have women that pop up and say stuff like "He called me fucking stupid". OK, were you? I didn't read the whole article because I'm not paying the Post a nickel

I have no doubt this stuff went on to one degree or another, and believe me, it's nice to see the danny burn. It's just unfortunate that it's taking the team down with him

Don't know where I fall on this. Which is worse? The ass grabbing, objectifying, humiliation, etc......or the women who seek these roles and overtly market their sexuality as cheerleaders, on the sidelines, in photo-ops, etc. What do you think these and many other women do? They make money off their sexuality. Just like the Victoria's Secret crowd.

On golf channel, up until very recently, the NBC owned site sported a photos of the month gallary. Anywhere from 30-50 photos were posted each month of players in various social environments with families/significant others. A core group of women appeared every month who were clearly staking ground selling their physical features. It was obvious soft core stuff. About two/three months ago the monthly photo ops suddenly stopped - and not for Covid reasons.

Chrissie Hynde got into hot water years ago when she commented on this double edge.

It’s not really taking anything down.

This team needed an exorcism after the last X number of years.

Santos and Michael should have lost their jobs years ago because they are mediocre to incompetent.

The fact they were carrying on as publicly as they were only reinforces our perception of an organization requiring room by room fumigation.

This organization is 100% better off without Allen, Michael, Santos, Mann, Greene and the rest.

Now to address the man that hired these dopes and kept them on for years.

The NFL may not be able to force an immediate sale but they can fine Snyder for conduct detrimental to the image of the league.

Whether this could include draft picks I don’t know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.