• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

I think the Dems on this committee are probably well aware of that - and are likely going to have some kind of pronouncement before November. Let's hope so.

I think the Dems on this committee are probably well aware of that - and are likely going to have some kind of pronouncement before November. Let's hope so.

Agreed. As long as he can’t legally gum-up the work.

If it's proven that he was stealing from other owners... we won't need the Houst Oversight Commitee anymore...

Tough to tell if these are legit accusations…or is it a Jussie Smollette type allegation?

Tough to tell if these are legit accusations…or is it a Jussie Smollette type allegation?

You would think the Federal Trade Commission wouldn't be called in if there wasn't legitimate meat on the bone, but who knows.

I'm wondering if the Oversight Committee did this to make sure that this doesn't just go away in November with the elections.

Also, it came out yesterday that the Nationals might be for sale and people have connected Snyder to them... be pretty hard to get a deal done for the purchase of a baseball team if you're under investigation from the Federal Trade Commission.

Exactly, either way it’s good his shittiness is called out all the same.

I think of Snyder as a lime infected tick, dug in deep and won’t leave until rooted out. Even if he’s expelled we’re (fans/past employees) dealing with remnants of his evil forever.

uhh.... from the report

In order to secure these leases, fans were required to pay a one-time refundable security deposit of 25% of the price of the seats for one year.

Internal documents obtained by the Committee reveal that at least some of the Commanders’ lease agreements provided that security deposits “shall be returned to Licensee within thirty (30) days after the expiration of the term of this Agreement, or any renewal term.”

Mr. Friedman stated that after Mr. Snyder purchased the team in 1999, rather than return the security deposits to customers at the end of the lease term, team executives directed employees to establish roadblocks to prevent customers from obtaining the security deposits they were due—effectively allowing the team to retain that money. Mr. Friedman explained: Those security deposits, per the terms of the contract, are refundable at the end of the contract provided that the licensee has met their obligations, i.e., paid their bill each year and not damaged their seat. The team failed to properly refund those security deposits intentionally and took various steps to retain as much of that money as possible mainly by taking advantage of the passage of time.

But the real question is still the same. Will there any action from this. It’s great to pound your chest and say I uncovered this. But what action follows it? I still can’t believe nothing has happened to this point with all we know.

But the real question is still the same. Will there any action from this. It’s great to pound your chest and say I uncovered this. But what action follows it? I still can’t believe nothing has happened to this point with all we know.

Yeah I still have a major level of doubt...

we're talkin about multiple levels of the federal government, and potential proof that he's screwed the other owners... so who is going to keep protecting him?

I don't know how many more times we can keep saying "this has to be ith... right?"

It has to start somewhere. The more Snyder and his business practices go under the microscope, the more dirt will be uncovered.

The NFL has got to hate the idea that Snyder is picking their pockets. Everything always comes down to money... not right and wrong.

That said, I have no idea if this is the beginning of the end.

Almost a half an hour spent on the NFL Network radio broadcast on Snyder this morning. Sad that it takes possible financial wrongdoing to get some real attention. Sexual harassment and abuse of female employees just doesn’t do it I guess?

Probably a lot of owners that would like to keep a lid on that can of worms.

But, steal our money? That’s crossing a red line in the sand.

For me, whatever it takes.

Just for the record ... until something actually happens, I'm as confident we're finally seeing the beginning of the end for Snyder as I am that we've solved our 30-year quest for a franchise quarterback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.