• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 50 Biggest Scumbags In Sports History

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/774127-the-50-biggest-scumbags-in-sports-history?utm_campaign=outbrain&utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=referral

I find it comical that the cover pic was Albert Haynesworth. He definitely deserves it, even though they ranked him super low at #20. (Especially when Favre came in at #6)

I think the whole list is pretty much a joke for the most part. Most of the people on the list were either way higher than they should be, way lower, or shouldn't have been on it at all. I think what happened, is they are using the words jerk and scumbag like they're interchangeable and they aren't even similar in my opinion.

The most glaring thing I noticed about this list, was the fact they included coaches like Bill Parcells, Bobby Knight, Pete Carroll and John Calipari, but omitted Bill Belichick.

The list's validity is also tainted by the fact that 47 of the 50 on the list are either still active, or have been within the last 10 years. With that, they somehow oddly forgot to mention Roberto Alomar on a list of 50, when he was possibly a number 1 contender.

yeh. Pretty much a mixed bag. I think there should be a deliniation between Asshattedness in play vs. ...well... criminal behavior. The hockey transgressions walk that line, though.

Bottom line... there's enough douche to keep lists like this going for generations.

You're absolutely right. On that note, it amazes me that with the other guys on here, Michael Vick escaped the list.

Haven't you heard? He's a white hat now....

Hey, as long as he keeps behaving, I have no problem with his redemption status, really. But, once a dbag....

Good call!

I'm not clicking through 52 slides. A lame way to get site clicks.

I'm not clicking through 52 slides. A lame way to get site clicks.
I agree, just take my word for it that the list is a total failure. Nearly the entire list is based on off-field shenanigans, yet they still somehow manage to leave Mike Tyson, O.J. Simpson, Ugeth Urbina, Rae Carruth, Pacman Jones, Michael Vick, Leonard Little, Tonya Harding, Jayson Williams and Lawrence Phillips off the top 50. Marty McSorely was only 50th, so he just barely made the list.

In itself, not really a big deal - until you see that the list DID include guys like John Rocker, Freddie Mitchell, Ricky Watters, Tiki Barber, Phillip Rivers, and Brett Favre. Now seriously, how can they say someone is a scumbag for running their mouth, but not for raping, murdering, robbing, etc? The entire list is fluff.

And honestly, if Ty Cobb is #1, Ted Williams should be #2.

Last edited:
I agree, just take my word for it that the list is a total failure. Nearly the entire list is based on off-field shenanigans, yet they still somehow manage to leave Mike Tyson, O.J. Simpson, Ugeth Urbina, Rae Carruth, Pacman Jones, Michael Vick, Leonard Little, Tonya Harding, Jayson Williams and Lawrence Phillips off the top 50. Marty McSorely was only 50th, so he just barely made the list.

In itself, not really a big deal - until you see that the list DID include guys like John Rocker, Freddie Mitchell, Ricky Watters, Tiki Barber, Phillip Rivers, and Brett Favre. Now seriously, how can they say someone is a scumbag for running their mouth, but not for raping, murdering, robbing, etc? The entire list is fluff.

And honestly, if Ty Cobb is #1, Ted Williams should be #2.

Wow, I was going to check on a couple of those names to see if they were on the list, but I'm glad I didn't waste my time. Totally lame list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.