• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 29 Percenters

MikefromOH

The Hall of Famer
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy

Great article about the name change and the actual numbers behind the polls.

the public shrugged. Only 29 percent say the name should be changed, because most people see no slight in the Redskins name. A 2016 poll found only nine percent of American Indians thought the name was offensive; 90 percent were not offended.

Yep. I think that article says what most of us have been saying for a long time. It's ludicrous. It's a manufactured issue. And there's not a damn thing any one of us can do about it.

I guess I have more or less accepted there will be a new name and I will continue to root for them. With one exception. If they chose the name Redtails I will never watch them again. This would be the worst kind of pandering to a specific group.

The league is going to jettison the name but force us to continue to suffer under Snyder.

Any other company with the scandal that just broke the CEO would have stepped down.

You forgot about the part where they make us give up draft picks as 'punishment' :)

The league is going to jettison the name but force us to continue to suffer under Snyder.

Any other company with the scandal that just broke the CEO would have stepped down.

This literally is the worst case scenario out of everything this offseason. We lose the one thing that was given to the team as an honor, as a point of pride. Something that has been nothing but positive to everyone outside a small few. And we have to keep one of the few people in the history of the organization that has brought nothing but shame, disappointment, and embarrassment to the team, organization, and us as fans. It really sucks.

With the attendance figures here and the widespread dislike of Snyder in DC the NFL is not likely to create another disincentive for Washington fans to turn on the games and buy merchandise.

These guys are douche bags.

The NFL fines the Patriots and takes away a pick when we all know Kraft is oozing dollars and Belichick builds his teams on middle round picks anyway.

They knew that was a speed bump for NE.

The last time the Redskins were in the NFL crosshairs was over the salary cap penalty.

But that was more a response by the NFL to Snyder’s wild spending on contracts for guys like Archuleta and Haynesworth in the past that caused salaries to escalate.

Owners were pissed he was driving up costs for everyone and they wanted to teach him a lesson.

But in 2009 and 2010 the erosion of the fan base and the name change controversy were yet to really explode.

Washington is no longer recession proof when it comes to Dan support of the NFL product here.

The NFL sees that vulnerability and its in their collective interest to prevent this from getting any worse.

Great article about the name change and the actual numbers behind the polls.

The one thing that kept Snyder tolerable was that he refused to change the team name. Now I could care less who owns the team, because it's not the team I grew up rooting for. It's not the team that values the traditions of the past. It's a team that now wears a W in the same friggin' font that Wario would wear in the video games. It's now the team that bends the knee to a bunch of "offended" cowards who like to virtue signal to make themselves "feel" better but could care less about Native American culture or the plight of Native Americans in today's world.
And most of these people don't even watch football!!!!! Don't believe me? Check the comics industry, the SJW/PC overran that industry in 2015 and is it thriving? Is it better b/c of the PC culture and that it ran practically everyone out who was slightly right of Stalin? Nope. That industry is about to crumble. Do all these "activists" plan on watching football Sunday now that the terrible Redskins are gone? No. They're onto their next target that offends them a statue or stadium, school or hospital that needs to be "made better"., They care very little about the NFL and extremely little about Washington Team Football.

My team is dead. The Redskins aren't coming back.
But here's what I plan on doing.
I'm done with the NFL and I'm done with Dan Snyder. I have no reason to watch anymore. Goodell has put out a really garbage product with officiating and rules that makes many of the games unwatchable anyway. Yep I can quit it. I'll miss The Draft most, but it is what it is. Pretty clear the NFL and Washington Team Football cares little about you as a fan and as a consumer.
Nike - I'll never buy another thing from them. I don't need a company that sells insanely over expensive shoes made in sweat shops and in some cases by slave labor (look up the Uyghurs) and then tell me I'm a bad person.
FedEx and Pepsico - I also plan on avoiding these companies as much as possible.

Never though it would happen but Dan Snyder really did destroy the Redskins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.