• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 2022 BGO NFL Pickem Contest is HERE

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
BGO 2022 Pickem.png

Our 2022 Pickem contest will be our 14th annual epic battle!

In 2021, DixieFlatline beat out runnerups Om and SkinsOrlando to seize the title and coveted winner's avatar.

For this year's contest, we will continue to use our own BGO Pickem software. That means you'll access our contest here on the site by clicking the 'Pickem' tab at the top of any page. You'll join the contest here, make your picks, see your results, compete with other members, and talk smack right here on the site.

We are making a major change in this year's contest. We will no longer use the 'auto-pick' setting where, should you forget to enter your picks for a week, the software selects all away teams for you. In the crazy current NFL, Home Team advantage increasingly means much less than it used to. So not making your picks, but then being rewarded with lots of correct picks when the home teams get slaughtered just doesn't seem right. If you forget to make your picks, you'll take a hit (as you should). However, since it's likely that most of us will have it happen to us during the course of a season, it will not end your season if it happens to you.

Some other things to remember and be aware of in regards to our 2022 contest:

• You must click the 'Join Contest' button if you want to play the 2022 contest.
  • As always, top 3 finishers will receive a prize.
  • Remember that you'll have to pick each week's winners. I'll be building the first month's schedule this week so you can start making your selections anytime beginning next week.
  • You will be able to make a pick for any game up until the start of the game, so if you miss a Thursday night game, you can still make the remainder of that week's picks.
  • You'll get a weekly reminder via PM to make your picks.
  • You'll get almost real-time results as we'll update game results as they happen and you'll be able to see updated weekly and overall standings right here on the site.
  • The tie-breaker each week will be the combined team's score in the first Monday night football game each week.
  • If you decide to play (and we hope you will!), we expect you to remain active and making picks for the entire season. A couple of good weeks can turn anyone's season around, so you are never really out of it, even if you aren't having a great season or missed making some picks. Keep playing - that's an expectation :)

As previously, we're keeping the contest simple. Final results will be based on total # of correctly predicted wins.

We encourage you to go ahead and join the contest by visiting the 'Pickem' page, clicking on this year's contest, and the 'Join Contest' button.

Please chime in here if you have questions about this year's contest or the software! We look forward to another great, competitive contest in 2022 :cheers:

Last edited:
Nothing says it's almost football season like the PICKEM ANNOUNCEMENT !!! Time to see who this years Nostradamus will be, with all the player movement within the league it could be extremely interesting on the pickem field.

First 4 weeks of the Regular Season are available for pick selection. As building each week's schedule is a little laborious, I will be doing 4 weeks at a time.

Looking at the week 1 slate, already some hard games to choose after this years offseason and draft - more toss up's than usual imo

I'm in to defend!

p.s. Where do I find the avatar? I looked through the list of options and didn't see it.

Thought we had done that but I'm on it.

If you plan on playing in this year’s Pickem contest please go ahead and go to the Pickem page and join. The more we have playing the more competitive is is :)

Please chime in here if you have questions about this year's contest or the software! We look forward to another great, competitive contest in 2020 :cheers:

Time traveling? If so, I wouldn't recommend 2020.

Anyway, happy to try again, though I seem to always be right in the middle.

Edit: After making my picks I realize that I haven't been paying attention to the NFL offseason and have no idea how good teams are supposed to be or even what is going on with some of the players/coaches. I'll probably pick better as a result.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.