• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 2021 BGO NFL Pickem Contest

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
BGO 2021 Pickem.png

Our 2021 Pickem contest will be our 13th annual epic battle!

In 2020, Kel Varnsen beat out runnerups RobinTom and Canadian Hog to seize the title and coveted winner's avatar.

For this year's contest, we will continue to use our own BGO Pickem software. That means you'll access our contest here on the site by clicking the 'Pickem' tab at the top of any page. You'll join the contest here, make your picks, see your results, compete with other members, and talk smack right here on the site.

Some things to remember and be aware of in regards to our 2021 contest:

• You must click the 'Join Contest' button if you want to play the 2021 contest.
  • There will be no physical prizes. As operating costs have risen, it's just become too expensive (although we did have a member SkinsOrlando step up last year and generously finance some nice prizes - thanks for that SO!). This is all about bragging rights!
  • Remember that you'll have to pick each week's winners. The first 5 weeks worth of games have been loaded so you can starting your selections anytime you like.
  • You will be able to make a pick for any game up until the start of the game, so if you miss a Thursday night game, you can still make the remainder of that week's picks.
  • We have 'auto-pick' enabled. That means that if you go brain-dead and forget to make your picks for the week, the system will automatically select road teams as your selection. That helps prevent one missed week from ruining your contest chances.
  • You'll get a weekly reminder via PM to make your picks.
  • You'll get almost real-time results as we'll update game results as they happen and you'll be able to see updated weekly and overall standings right here on the site.
  • The tie-breaker each week will be the combined team's score in the first Monday night football game each week.
  • If you decide to play (and we hope you will!), we expect you to remain active and making picks for the entire season. A couple of good weeks can turn anyone's season around, so you are never really out of it, even if you aren't having a great season. Keep playing - that's an expectation :)

As previously, we're keeping the contest simple. Final results will be based on total # of correctly predicted wins.

We encourage you to go ahead and join the contest by visiting the 'Pickem' page, clicking on this year's contest, and the 'Join Contest' button.

Please chime in here if you have questions about this year's contest or the software! We look forward to another great, competitive contest in 2020 :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm your huckleberry.

You're a daisy if you do...

ESPN has us rated with the 3rd hardest strength of schedule as of today, we shall see how that plays out in the pickem results.

I’m in to defend my title. I know the secret now. It’s all pure luck.

Let’s get signed up folks - if you are playing let us know :)

BGO Ballers fantasy football league thread is also open.

Don't forget to sign up for this year's Pickem contest. We are at 13 players presently which is a sad showing :) Free to play and prizes will be awarded ... Click on the Pickem tab and 2021 contest link to join.

Don't forget there is a game tonight! Get your picks in!

Ugh...hopefully I figure out teams better from here on out, but an ugly showing week 1.

Worst start I’ve ever had!

I hate opening week. Might as well flip a coin for each game.

Real season starts next Sunday.

I hope.

I took a beating on the 1st week, while it's a crap shoot for week 1 good grief I did not fair well by any means.

Yeah, that was brutal. Hopefully these week will be better. When to best picker only got 9 right, you know it was a tough week.

With Posse Lover rejoining the site, I’m going to allow him to join the contest in progress. For the first 2 weeks, he will get credit for any road team wins (that’s what we all get if we forget to enter our picks for any given week). I will add those games to his total wins at the end of the season.

This might be my worst week at pickem in history, I'll be interested in seeing how everyone else fared.

The past 2 weeks have kicked my arse, big slide down the charts for me and with only a few weeks left this is where you gotta take some flyers to catch up. Dixie is crushing it, can someone make it close? Is the real race for second place? Tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel.

Reactions: Om

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.