• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thank You London Fletcher

Ax

Thanks for being what fans hope, especially us Redskins fans, will be the result of signing a veteran free agent. Far to often we have had to deal with the polar opposite, around here.

For a team that has struck out more than their fair share recently, in the free agent market, you were a walk off grand slam winner.

If coaching is in your future plans, I hope you get your start, here, in some capacity.

I personally feel your career is the very kind that should be capped off with enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

It would be great if the Football Gods see fit for you to make the play that seals the deal on beating Dallas this Sunday.

Hail To The Redskins!!!

And Hail To Redskin, London Fletcher!!!

Hail, London. You belong in the Ring of Fame, quickly; and the Hall of Fame shortly thereafter.

I'm really hoping he becomes part of the coaching staff next year.

For us younger folks Fletcher is one of the bright spots in the last 20 years.

You'll see his jersey being worn for years and years to come. Not too many people you can say that about.

Wish we had more Fletchers on the team.

London's been a consistent beast over the years and hate to see Father Time finally catch him. I could definitely see him being a spirited position coach next season. Hopefully for us too.

I'd love to see him call a game with Emmet Smiff. The look on London's face when mush mouth attempted something would be priceless.

BSPN! ha! love it.

Fletch is a man of integrity. towers above all else in my estimation.

Fletcher compares favorably with Ray Lewis statistically on the field. Off the field there is no comparison.

During his last season, where we are 3-11 going into our final 2 games, he was concerned with making sure his replacements will be prepared. He was concerned that the future of the team was covered. He didn't make a big show of his retirement (this is arguable about how big of a deal it is; I think most of the time people's feelings come as a result of their personal opinions on the retiree).

That's just the kind of person he is.

London Fletcher is the epitome of what you would like to have in a football player on your team. He is immensely respected throughout the league for good reason. I doubt that there is any coach in the NFL who wouldn't love to have a London Fletcher type player on his team-at any position.

He's been my favorite Redskins player for several years.

He has played the game as it should be played and is a sterling example of combining dedication and high personal character and the highest level of professionalism.

Thank you London, you have been appreciated more than you may realize.

P.S. I wish you the best in your future endeavours, you certainly have earned it. But, if you would be at all interested in coaching for the Redskins I, for one, would be delighted.

What Boone said, about what Mike said, about what SkinsNumberOne said.

Fletcher reminds me of another Redskins linebacker Ken Harvey who also played the game with an energy and spirit that goes back to the Allen/Gibbs years.

Unfortunately both players came to the team during down cycles and were never fully appreciated.

Hopefully, all fans will attend the game this weekend to thank Fletch for his years of service to the Redskins. He has announced he would most likely retire after this season, and personally, I think he should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.