• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Talent Shift

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but I'm seeing a significant talent shift going on right now. The AFC was already the stronger Conference but it is getting stronger by the day.

Adams - GB to Las Vegas
Miller - LA to Buffalo
Wilson - Seattle to Denver
Mack - Chicago to LAC
Scherff - Washington to Jacksonville
Settle - Washington to Buffalo
Gregory - Dallas to Denver
Kirk - AZ to Jacksonville

Yes, there are guys moving the other way but with the exception of Watson to either ATL or NO, it doesn't feel the quality is as high.

Last edited:
Just like the NBA for years. It’s good to be in the NFC these days.

Maybe it's just me but I'm seeing a significant talent shift going on right now. The AFC was already the stronger Conference but it is getting stronger by the day.

Adams - GB to Las Vegas
Miller - LA to Buffalo
Wilson - Seattle to Denver
Mack - Chicago to LAC
Scherff - Washington to Jacksonville
Settle - Washington to Buffalo
Gregory - Dallas to Denver
Kirk - AZ to Jacksonville

Yes, there are guys moving the other way but with the exception of Watson to either ATL or NO, it doesn't feel the quality is as high.

Hey, don’t overlook Wentz. 😉

350.png

A cowboys friend sent me this tweet from a cowboys blogger. The rest of the NFC fan bases see this happening and are anxious about what their team is doing. This guy is right in that the Bucs and Rams seem to be in a two horse race and the rest of the NFC is content with what they have. The AFC is absolutely loading up right now.

And Watson chooses to stay in the AFC, likely making the AFC North the second most competitive division in the NFL behind the AFC West.

Matty Ice to the Colts - very surprised Indy didn't go after a younger option ala Mayfield

Was it the 3rd rounder Washington sent them? 🤪

Matty Ice to the Colts - very surprised Indy didn't go after a younger option ala Mayfield
Ryan is the better QB right NOW and if they feel like they are built to maybe compete in the next 2 years or so it makes sense.

Ryan has been a shell of himself ever since the SB loss and is a statue, the Colts have who at WR??

Winston back to the Saints 2 years, 28 million - not a bad deal for the Saints if he picks up where he was last year on controlling his INT's

Ryan has been a shell of himself ever since the SB loss and is a statue, the Colts have who at WR??
Ryan is a solid play-action QB and the Colts have one of the best running games in the NFL along with a fairly solid defense.

Their WR corps is thin, true. But this is a deep WR draft and they still have the cap space to bring in FA WRs. There are still some interesting names out there.

I'm not saying I love the move for Ryan. Just that I understand it. Especially if the Colts aren't sold on Mayfield.

The Falcons have 60 mil in dead money this year......rebuild anyone??? No wonder Watson wasn't interested that teams completely toast for this year

Right now, I feel the move for Ryan feels very similar to our deals for Alex Smith or acquisiton of Fitz. It's a stop gap/stop the bleeding kind of move that you hope will stop the team from cratering for a year or at most two. I think it's very difficult for a statue to win in the NFL and it feels like Ryan hasn't been good or been able to make the Falcons relevant for a long time.

This move feels like a downgrade. It's the kind of move you make because your fanbase is going crazy because you traded your QB away without having a plan to replace him.

Tyreek Hill stays in the AFC with a trade to the Dolphins for 5 picks, #29, #50 and a 4th this year and a 4th and 6th next year. I honestly think that's not a bad deal for the Dolphins other than Hill's going to be the highest paid WR once they negotiate a new contract. It's Tua's time to put up or shut up.

Tyreek Hill stays in the AFC with a trade to the Dolphins for 5 picks, #29, #50 and a 4th this year and a 4th and 6th next year. I honestly think that's not a bad deal for the Dolphins other than Hill's going to be the highest paid WR once they negotiate a new contract. It's Tua's time to put up or shut up.

I kind of brought this up last week on the board in regards to Terry. As difficult as it sounds to imagine the future for this team without him, if the writing is on the wall and the front office knows they won't be able to resign him, I would rather they start being proactive now and dangling him. Hill obviously was going to be difficult to renegotate with in Kansas City, and they moved on. They got a really good haul of picks back and when you pair some of those younger players they can potentially draft with Patrick Mahomes, it makes it a pill that is much easier to swallow I suppose. There is a bit of a lesson to be learned here potentially.

These cap-trades are reasons why I think there should be a Larry Byrd rule in the NFL. I don't know how I'd want it to work... whether it'd be a fifty percent discount against the cap for players drafted by or with the team more than five years. Another way to go might be that the team gets to choose five players who don't count against the cap.

Regardless, it bugs me when a team has to cut a cornerstone player that the fans identify so closely with the team strictly for cap reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.