• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Suggest your outrageous trade

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I'll start, and I'm only halfway kidding.

Redskins trade Kirk Cousins, straight up, to the Jets for Darrelle Revis. No one needs a sure-fire young QB more than the Jets, and staring at a weak QB draft class, what better option would they have than to grab Cousins? Revis is coming off ACL repair, but so what - he'd immediately turn our D secondary into an A- one.

Is it a risky trade?

Absolutely. It would also be a lop-sided one swapping a promising young QB for a bonafide 'best at his position' superstar. I believe Griffin will not only come back full speed in Week 1, I'm willing to depend on it. We'll lose Cousins soon enough no matter what. We'll never have a better chance to grab a star for years at corner than now. If Griffin can't start immediately, we can weather that with whomever our #3 is. It's temporary pain for long-term gain.

I love Cousins, and I've said before (and was right) you hang on to him for as long as you can as one hell of an insurance policy. But this is a rare opportunity. The Jets are over a barrel at the QB position, and we have the brightest and shiniest starter-in-waiting in the NFL.

Do it Snyder :)

That's my whacked-out-trade-of-the-offseason-scenario.

Discuss. Or offer up your own.

I say do it. I don't like Cousins. Don't misunderstand that, I like what he's done for us, and I appreciate him. Why don't I like him? He seems to genuinely wish bad fortune on Griff just so he can get playing time. If you don't believe it, go look at pictures and videos of his reaction every single time Griffin made a huge play last year, or went back in after something as little as a brief limp. Every single time, Kirk stared a hole through him, never once applauding or smiling. He gives me the impression he doesn't give two ****s about this team or the guys on it, and only wants to use his opportunities as audition tapes until he gets somewhere he really wants to be.

I say do it. I don't like Cousins. Don't misunderstand that, I like what he's done for us, and I appreciate him. Why don't I like him? He seems to genuinely wish bad fortune on Griff just so he can get playing time. If you don't believe it, go look at pictures and videos of his reaction every single time Griffin made a huge play last year, or went back in after something as little as a brief limp. Every single time, Kirk stared a hole through him, never once applauding or smiling. He gives me the impression he doesn't give two ****s about this team or the guys on it, and only wants to use his opportunities as audition tapes until he gets somewhere he really wants to be.

I actually thought that, too, when I saw a photo of Griff running for that 70 yard TD, and it showed Cousins in the background. He was the only guy on the sidelines not celebrating. Just standing there like a stoneface. Then again, it may not mean anything but the fact that he's just not a charismatic guy at all. So, to say it's him wishing ill on Griff may be reading into it too much.

trade Alfred Morris to the Rams for Steven Jackson and our 1st round pick back. Jackson is long in the tooth and gone anyways, might as well make them an offer they cant refuse.

And use the pick on who ?

Trade Reed Doughty for the entire 49ers roster.

Obviously a joke. Bruce Allen's not THAT dumb.

:)

That's 3 or 4 assumptions piled on top of each other Ex. Not buying it. He wants to play. There's no way to turn that into a bad thing. It's not selfish, it's what good players do. They want to play.

Joe Theismann was a pure prick until he finally elbowed his way into the starting role for good. He was still a great Redskins QB for years and years.

And I don't think Cousins has done anything to warrant the label 'bad teammate'. Quite the opposite.

I was thinking of a trade to Kansas City and using two players as trade bait - Kirk Cousins and Brian Orakpo. We would get Eric Berry and their second and sixth round picks. We could use that second rounder to move down a bit and get more picks to get another QB in the third or fourth round - along with other players that are selected with the additional picks.

trade Alfred Morris to the Rams for Steven Jackson and our 1st round pick back. Jackson is long in the tooth and gone anyways, might as well make them an offer they cant refuse.

Did Jackson get tagged? He is a free agent this year, so trading for him would only be an option if he gets tagged. I doubt he will get tagged - would be a lot of money to put into an older RB. The backup played fairly well this year (or maybe it was last year?).

Trade the entire secondary for a resolution to sequestration.

It would be pretty outrageous to trade for a pending free agent! :)

Is there anything...any package of players, picks, ANYTHING that would convince any of you to trade the world's most famous knee?

(I'm a horrible person, I know. Thank you.)

:D

A coffee can mish-mosh full of rusty ass nails, screws, washers, nuts and bolts for Brandon Banks.

Its outrageous to think that we would actually get something for him.

Is there anything...any package of players, picks, ANYTHING that would convince any of you to trade the world's most famous knee?

(I'm a horrible person, I know. Thank you.)

:D

I would consider Wilson, the Seattle secondary and their #1. Not saying I would do it, but I would think about it.

DeAngelo Hall for Ade Jimoh and Alvoid Mays....maybe get Ifeanyi Ohalete thrown in for free.....

I suggest the NFL give us an extra 1st round pick for the next decade in exchange for the team name.

:gorgeous:
I suggest the NFL give us an extra 1st round pick for the next decade in exchange for the team name.

The Washington First Rounders. I think we should have the Giants 1st round pick for two years in exchange for 36 million cap penalty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.