• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Statement from the Washington Redskins Football Team

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
July 13, 2020

STATEMENT FROM THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS FOOTBALL TEAM:

On July 3rd, we announced the commencement of a thorough review of the team’s name. That review has begun in earnest. As part of this process, we want to keep our sponsors, fans and community apprised of our thinking as we go forward.

Today, we are announcing we will be retiring the Redskins name and logo upon completion of this review.

Dan Snyder and Coach Rivera are working closely to develop a new name and design approach that will enhance the standing of our proud, tradition rich franchise and inspire our sponsors, fans and community for the next 100 years.

So they announce the obvious that they will be getting a new name, but haven’t come up with a new name? Why even put out a press release? Just wait until you have a new name. Make it like ripping off a bandaid and get it over with all at once. I guess Snyder really like long drawn out criticism.

In fairness there are a myriad of legal issues that have to be addressed and satisfied before a new name can be announced.

It’s not like naming your car.

dan snyder finally killed the team. Had he had any paying customers left, he could have told his sponsors to take a hike. It took 21 years, but he finally did it. It was a good ride, but to me, there is no longer a team in DC.

Not that it's a surprise to anyone, but the most telling quote was when it ended with....

“Dan Snyder and Coach Rivera are working closely to develop a new name and design approach that will enhance the standing of our proud, tradition rich franchise and inspire our sponsors, fans and community for the next 100 years.”

Speaking about inspiration, and the lame ass mentions sponsors before fans and the community. Total POS.

Not that it's a surprise to anyone, but the most telling quote was when it ended with....

“Dan Snyder and Coach Rivera are working closely to develop a new name and design approach that will enhance the standing of our proud, tradition rich franchise and inspire our sponsors, fans and community for the next 100 years.”

Speaking about inspiration, and the lame ass mentions sponsors before fans and the community. Total POS.

Not just mention them, mentions them FIRST. Sadly, tells you all you need to know. I swear to God, the tradition of stupidly tone-deaf Redskins PR is strong.

Not just mention them, mentions them FIRST. Sadly, tells you all you need to know. I swear to God, the tradition of stupidly tone-deaf Redskins PR is strong.
That's why it bothered me so bad. It doesn't just feel like he gave the fans the finger, it feels like he tried to slap us across the face with a big corporate dick to show us all where his loyalty lies. I didn't like him before, but I truly despise him for that.

Hilarious thing is, Florio and others are ripping Snyder for the statement because it 'didn't go far enough' and had the word Redskins in it. There is no winning for Snyder in any of this, from anyone.

Florio is a pencil neck dweeb. Never liked the guy or his half assed "analysis". He's right up there with Peter "Art Monk doesn't deserve to be in the HoF" King for me.

When the cancel mob comes after you you'll never be able to do enough. This is a perfect example. The name is being changed....now it's not fast enough. For some folks there is always an endless stream of things to be offended by and people they must correct, because they know best.

1594666817260.png

Florio is the kind of guy my dad calls a Wonder Bread WOP. ‘Nuff said.

The Navajo Nation put out a statement on the retirement of the Redskins name.

“July 13, 2020 is now a historic day for all Indigenous peoples around the world as the NFL Washington-based team officially announced the retirement of the racist and disparaging “Redskins” team name and logo,” Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez wrote. “This change did not come about willingly by the team’s owners, but by the mounting pressure and advocacy of Indigenous peoples such as Amanda Blackhorse, and many other warriors who fought long and hard for this change.”

Meanwhile in Navajo Nation.....

"Red Mesa High School is a public high school serving Navajo students in ninth through twelfth grades. Our campus is located on the Navajo reservation, and if you know just where to look, you will find us tucked away in a very remote area of northeastern Arizona, about 25 miles southwest of the Four Corners.

At RMHS, we are proud of our ancestry; we are proud of who we are, and we are proud to be the home of the Redskins."

LOL....Game set and match. It's a total effin joke. I'm done with the possible exception of basically writing a research paper with sources and footnotes that I am going to send to Florio and Kellerman and tell em to shove it up their sanctimonious, intellectually lightweight, sorry asses and spin. You won you frigging cocknozzle, don't twist it now and make it that it was super racist all along (the Dictionary definition wasn't changed to a slur until very recently after pressure from the PC weenies) and all the Skins relied on was a flawed WP poll. They don't EVER want to even admit the purely factual evidence of the Redskins logo and team name being top 3 most popular nickname that teams call THEMSELVES in Indian reservation intramural sports across the nation. They refuse to even admit the absurdity of a Navajo Nation screaming "offensive racist name!" when their own reservations have high schools using it. They refuse to admit things like the Ives Goddard study by the Smithsonian about the origins of the word, they refuse to recognize the Blackfeet coming and asking for logo's they painted of one of THEIR chiefs or that they asked for the name to be highlighted. Basically they refuse to admit anything related to these facts. If I had the time I am absolutely fired up enough about this to buy a website url and launch and all out campaign to at least set the facts straight. But alas it's not worth it, it will change nothing as we live in a world where people don't listen to facts anymore that don't support their cause. The world has become intellectually weak. I go back with Florio and Kellerman though so at the very least I know they'll read what I send. That's probably enough for me. If they had any balls at all they'd debate me via zoom or something.

The end times. Something I never ever thought I would see in my lifetime has come to pass. S.M.F.H...

The Navajo Nation put out a statement on the retirement of the Redskins name.

Meanwhile in Navajo Nation.....

LOL....Game set and match. It's a total effin joke. I'm done with the possible exception of basically writing a research paper with sources and footnotes that I am going to send to Florio and Kellerman and tell em to shove it up their sanctimonious, intellectually lightweight, sorry asses and spin. You won you frigging cocknozzle, don't twist it now and make it that it was super racist all along (the Dictionary definition wasn't changed to a slur until very recently after pressure from the PC weenies) and all the Skins relied on was a flawed WP poll. They don't EVER want to even admit the purely factual evidence of the Redskins logo and team name being top 3 most popular nickname that teams call THEMSELVES in Indian reservation intramural sports across the nation. They refuse to even admit the absurdity of a Navajo Nation screaming "offensive racist name!" when their own reservations have high schools using it. They refuse to admit things like the Ives Goddard study by the Smithsonian about the origins of the word, they refuse to recognize the Blackfeet coming and asking for logo's they painted of one of THEIR chiefs or that they asked for the name to be highlighted. Basically they refuse to admit anything related to these facts. If I had the time I am absolutely fired up enough about this to buy a website url and launch and all out campaign to at least set the facts straight. But alas it's not worth it, it will change nothing as we live in a world where people don't listen to facts anymore that don't support their cause. The world has become intellectually weak. I go back with Florio and Kellerman though so at the very least I know they'll read what I send. That's probably enough for me. If they had any balls at all they'd debate me via zoom or something.

Like everything else in this effed up world right now, it appears that the voice of a few is carrying the day over the voices of the majority

Like everything else in this effed up world right now, it appears that the voice of a few is carrying the day over the voices of the majority
Always. Make room for the minority at all costs. It more than anyrhing else will ultimately bring us to the ground.

The simple truth is the majority of people are too busy earning an income, raising kids and taking care of elderly relatives to go on Twitter and engage in flame throwing.

Social media of that type - short text bite without context - is corrosive to culture and society as a whole.

Many of the flamethrowers are teenagers and twenty-something’s that are sitting in their parents basement posting anonymous bombs under names like Killer99 😜

Others are career activists that are chronically under-employed (by choice) who are consumed by a single issue and for them it is the context for life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.