• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Statement from Current Owner Dan Snyder

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
July 17, 2020

STATEMENT FROM OWNER DAN SNYDER:

The behavior described in yesterday’s Washington Post article has no place in our franchise or society.

This story has strengthened my commitment to setting a new culture and standard for our team, a process that began with the hiring of Coach Rivera earlier this year.

Beth Wilkinson and her firm are empowered to do a full, unbiased investigation and make any and all requisite recommendations. Upon completion of her work, we will institute new policies and procedures and strengthen our human resources infrastructure to not only avoid these issues in the future but most importantly create a team culture that is respectful and inclusive of all.

Pretty cookie cutter and standard response.

What she comes back with AND the NFL comes back with will decide it for me.

I said this in the other thread. How do you not do this after all the revelations from the metoo movement? I’m only using that as a reference point and not saying that it should have ever been allowed to happen. But you see on the news all the problems other companies have with sexual harassment and you just sit by while it’s happening in your own house? They should have done a thorough review long before now. This statement makes me feel even worse for the women who have worked for the organization.

Wondered if anyone would catch that ...

I saw it too and liked it. Well played. But the statement itself left me angry, so it slipped my mind.

I made the comparison before but Snyder is right where Art Modell was in Cleveland before the move.

In the absence of any statements from Snyder before this "statement" came out, I had started making notes earlier this morning about what kind of statement I might write for Dan if he asked me to. None of which I'm thinking he'd have approved, since it would have involved some honesty and recognition of responsibility and assurance I wasn't just paying lip service to saying things will change. But it would have been nice to see him at least TRY to get out ahead of this as a man, and SPEAK like a man, who gets that things are really fucked up in his house and he's committing to trying to fix it.

Instead we got what I think was written by his counsel. Nothing more than a placeholder. Meh.

Still waiting, Dan.

I have no doubt he is getting sun on his yacht complaining about all the scrutiny on the team and it’s ops.

He thinks it’s all trivial BS.

But he knows he can’t say that anymore so he is trying to surf this and hope it blows over.

At this point, I can only hope that Tanya convinces him to sell the team, retire and sell tiny classified ads with Don Lapre...

Definitely written by legal counsel.

Definitely not written by a savvy PR firm.

Savvy? 😳

Is that a word we ever associate with this team?

It’s all the worse optics because the hockey and baseball franchises in town just won titles.

Maybe the best way to get what we all want here is to tweet the other organizations (in particular, marquee NFL franchises) that the Redskins STINK is going to be on them if Dan Snyder continues as owner. They are letting him SINK them and their bottom lines if they let him continue festering here in DC.

let's not forget the local WNBA team as well

Has anyone considered the possibility that the ONLY reason the name change dropped was Snyder knew this was coming and he was trying to buy some street cred for the change? I'm not sure if I buy it myself, but it's sure an interesting notion. I'm quite sure that both of these huge issues have been in play for many months.

You mean he caved on the name change in order to be seen as more progressive so that he wouldn't face as much anger/outrage over the sexual harassment allegations? Normally I wouldn't be that cynical, but when it comes to Beelzebub can you really ever be too cynical? The other possibility would be that he hoped the name change announcement would be such a huge media event that it might distract from the WP story.

I don't know though. That seems like we might be giving the guy too much credit. He's not even smart enough to get in front of a microphone and make a statement that sounds sincerely remorseful, so I'm doubtful he is the master manipulator many believe. He's just a terrible human being.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the ONLY reason the name change dropped was Snyder knew this was coming and he was trying to buy some street cred for the change? I'm not sure if I buy it myself, but it's sure an interesting notion. I'm quite sure that both of these huge issues have been in play for many months.

it would be fitting with Snyder. If there’s one thing that’s consistent about Danny Boy, it’s that he’s deaf to reality. I mean... he hired a guy to find out why fans weren’t going to games and fired him in less than a year.

You mean he caved on the name change in order to be seen as more progressive so that he wouldn't face as much anger/outrage over the sexual harassment allegations? Normally I wouldn't be that cynical, but when it comes to Beelzebub can you really ever be too cynical? The other possibility would be that he hoped the name change announcement would be such a huge media event that it might distract from the WP story.

I don't know though. That seems like we might be giving the guy too much credit. He's not even smart enough to get in front of a microphone and make a statement that sounds sincerely remorseful, so I'm doubtful he is the master manipulator many believe. He's just a terrible human being.

Like I said, I'm not sure I buy it either, but it's been kicking around the back of my head since the rumors of a biblical story first popped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.