• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Stanford Pro Day Information

I think the last time we had a real 'wow' QB around here ... a young guy that took the field and commanded everyone's attention ... that was probably Trent Green in '98..
Holy crap, the memory I have of that era was misery surrounding the whole team, JKC passing, the team ownership in limbo, aging players, the whole caboodle.

Kinda like what Shanny and Allen inherited (sans the dead owner thing).

I honestly didn't see Green as "wow" but my recollection is fuzzy about a lot of things nowadays. The losing may have tarnished my appraisal of the guy a little, however.

I do remember him being the preferred guy at QB and that the contract offers were restrained by the state of the organization so we were unwilling/unable to match any offers to keep him.

Unfortunately, I don't follow many players that move on from the team unless we play them regularly so didn't see Green develop into that NFL quarterback but hearsay had him doing pretty well.

The Skins have been in QB misery for so long that if either of these two wunderkinder proves to be the answer then the price is worth it.

On that horrible 1998 team that started 0-7, Green threw for 3400 yards, 23 TDs and 11 INTs for a passer rating of 81.8. Our top WRs were Michael Westbrook and Leslie Shepherd ... Terry Allen, our leading rusher, amassed 700 yards and 2 TDs on a sprained ankle.

We had so many injuries that year that at one point James Thrash played a half with a broken collarbone as a decoy simply because we didn't have enough WRs left to take the field.

And looking back, if I honestly had to pick the single best stretch of games during the Norv Turner era, I'd point to the last nine games of that season, when we went 6-3 and had absolutely no business doing that well. And Trent Green was a very big part of that.

Green who was already 29 by this time, ended up signing with the Rams. After getting hurt and losing his job to Kurt Warner, he went on to start five more seasons for the Chiefs, going to 2 pro-bowls in the process.

Yeah, I remember Green's injury at the Rams, the Chiefs tenure I vaguely recall, good career, to bad he didn't stick with the Skins. Sounds like he could have been as solid as Joey T.

Thanks for the "refresher" down memory lane, Henry.

What if neither one busts?

What's kinda cool from our perspective is that the pressure is squarely on Indy. They have the potential of guessing wrong, and never be allowed to forget it. Washington, on the other hand, simply takes the guy that falls to them.

The only possible downside for us, of course, is if the one that does turns out to be a bust, in which case the torch an pitchfork crowd get to remind us all for many years to come that we "gave up too much" for the right to draft him.

Wouldnt that be fun.

Agree, but I think they will both become franchise QBs in their own way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.