• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Southern storms (moving east) - prayers for those affected

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
As of right now, 72 dead in four states - 58 in Alabama. Let us continue to pray for those who have been impacted by these storms. Many of us are now in the crosshairs of this system - let us hope for the best. Undoubtedly, the number of those who died will rise.

April 2011 will enter the record books alongside of April 1974 and May 3, 1999. Entire towns have been wiped out with this system. Much of Tuscaloosa is devastated. Ditto for Birmingham. Same for Huntsville. Meridan, MS is a mess. There is destruction around Chattanooga. I'm sure we will hear of more devastation. In the days to come, we are going to see many pics and videos that will leave us stunned.

I have family in Mississippi and they had a few close calls, but all is well with them.

Good to hear your family fared well. I have friends in the Birmingham area, and hope for good news soon.

Hope everything is cool with them Pete. It's been a nasty night

My family all live right on the border, near Tuscaloosa. Haven't heard anything yet, keep praying.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm definitely not looking forward to this. That system a couple of weeks ago destroyed so much from the outbreak, and I was personally affected by it. I don't wish a tornado on anybody.

Until you've seen and lived what it's like, you really have no idea how bad it actually is. TV doesn't do it any justice.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and just hope that everyone makes it through this last round ok, and no more tornadoes.

We had a tornado warning out here in Winchester just as I was leaving for work about 0400. Haven't heard anything about a touchdown here, although they had one over in Delaplane. Hope everyone made it through this OK

Death toll has risen to 193. Obviously, this number will go higher. 128 in Alabama alone - and climbing.

More updates as it becomes available. Feel free to post any new information. Sometime later, I will be looking for some pics and videos.

Here is the current list of warnings - very long list at the moment.

Also, there is an archived list just below it that goes from yesterday/late afternoon. This does not include storms from earlier in the day or previous days.

Incredibly long list.

http://kamala.cod.edu/svr/

Everyone around here is nervous since the last round of tornados is still fresh on their minds.

The media is playing it up big calling for a chance of severe thunderstorms and large hail. Then they go into we will probably be under a tornado watch.

I just pray everyone stays safe.

Everyone around here is nervous since the last round of tornados is still fresh on their minds.

The media is playing it up big calling for a chance of severe thunderstorms and large hail. Then they go into we will probably be under a tornado watch.

I just pray everyone stays safe.
It does tend to keep you on edge. It also didn't help when they said today is the 3 year anniversary of the F4 that wiped Driver off the map.

Extreme, I did hear something about this being the 3 yr anniversary for the Suffolk tornado. I'm sure this is hard on my cousin's wife after losing her brother couple weeks ago.

At least with these storms people won't run into Food Lion or Farm Fresh and clean out the bread and milk.

Extreme, I did hear something about this being the 3 yr anniversary for the Suffolk tornado. I'm sure this is hard on my cousin's wife after losing her brother couple weeks ago.

At least with these storms people won't run into Food Lion or Farm Fresh and clean out the bread and milk.
Damn , it always sucks to lose a loved one, I'm sorry to hear that.

The way people are in Virginia Beach, it's hard to say whether we'll get the grocery store mob rush or not. People around here tend to freak out over anything. We got a dusting one time a few years ago. I thought nothing of it, as you shouldn't, but I went to pick up some things at the store and was greeted by bare shelves. I was like wtf? You would've thought a blizzard had hit.

Glad all is well. Hope this doesn't portend bad things for us in Southern Va come hurricane season.

The Tuscaloosa tornado may be the longest running tornado in American history. It continued into NW Georgia and finally ended in North Carolina.

Guess it was wishful thinking, we have a tornado warning here in Southern Virginia Beach now :angry: Wish me luck fellas. (Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue :laugh:)

You will be fine. It was over Knotts Island and the path will take it over Back Bay and then out to sea.

I weathered two separate tornado's last night that went right past my hotel room in Kingsport, TN. I moved quickly from fascination to fear. Amazing how powerful these storms were. I took a couple from my car on my way home travelling up 81N just over the Virginia line. A number of people were killed in this tornado. Photo's don't really show the devastation in a way you can appreciate.

Attachments

• april 28 2011 012.jpg
    april 28 2011 012.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 60
  • april 28 2011 014.jpg
    april 28 2011 014.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 61
  • april 28 2011 019.jpg
    april 28 2011 019.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 57

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.