• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something To Consider (In The NFC East)

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
Yes, it was a close game, but our beloved Redskins won a very important game on the road against a division rival. When you look at the current standings, it will show a very close race from top to bottom. When you look a little closer, there is a key element that bodes well for the burgundy and gold.

First, the Redskins are now 2-0 against division rivals after four games. The win against Dallas in the opening game was sweet and it helped to get our favorite team off to a good start in the division. However, we knew that five games remained, including three on the road. Winning all home division games is a must and I think it is very realistic. Let's hope it happens.

Second, winning on the road against a division rival can never, ever be under-valued in today's NFL. What the Redskins did today could carry them much further than we were thinking just a few days ago. I'm not ready to crown our team as the NFC East champs, but winning on the road against the Eagles is huge. If this team can get aonther road division win, they have a realistic chance.

Finally, it must be asked - which Redskins team shows up next week? Hey, I still love them ugly wins and will gladly take them over any number of pretty losses. However this team plays in the final three-fourths of the season, we can only hope that victories come in any shape, form, or fashion - especially over division rivals.

On to the next game!

I agree and was wondering why the schedule makers were so hard on us this season. Then I looked at the Eagles schedule...They have alot tougher schedule then us the rest of the way. @SF,ATL,@Tenn,Colts,@Wash,NYG,@Chi,Houston,@Dallas,@NYG,@NO,Minn,Dallas
Thats a tough schedule for any team. I don't see 6 wins there for the Eagles

I have a feeling you will see a different team from here on out. Got the feeling yesterday's game was on everyone's mind from day one. Now with it out the way they can redirect their focus. They won't have to answer the McNabb going back to Philly questions anymore.

We're playing very well against good teams. With apologies to the Rams, I'm not a believer yet, even though they followed up the win against us with a big win over the Seahawks.

I expect to come out and play very well against the Pack. And just like the Dallas, Houston and Philly games, I expect it to come down to the wire. Good teams keep winning these games. This is a litmus test coming up indeed.

We're playing very well against good teams. With apologies to the Rams, I'm not a believer yet, even though they followed up the win against us with a big win over the Seahawks.

I expect to come out and play very well against the Pack. And just like the Dallas, Houston and Philly games, I expect it to come down to the wire. Good teams keep winning these games. This is a litmus test coming up indeed.

All due respect HH, I consider the next bad team we play more of a litmus test. I figure we will probably play pretty well against our next three opponents, because that's what we do. But onHalloween (bad sign?), we play the Lions. I think the Lions are better than their record indicates, but e fact is that they are still not a great team.

That's the litmus test for me.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Don't inflate the balloons yet Redskins faithful. Zorn beat Dallas and Philly in his first year and gave everyone way too much false hope early on, remember? What I thought about the Rams was that it would show us how "bad" we can be. And ugly it was. So I like to just let it be. Play it as it lays, take it for what it is. Until this team establishes an identity, I have to take them for face value and realize on any given Sunday, this team can win ugly, or lose ugly, but they can beat anyone despite horrible stats.

All due respect HH, I consider the next bad team we play more of a litmus test. I figure we will probably play pretty well against our next three opponents, because that's what we do. But onHalloween (bad sign?), we play the Lions. I think the Lions are better than their record indicates, but e fact is that they are still not a great team.

That's the litmus test for me.

By my own logic (and poorly drawn conclusion,) I agree.

I was sober when I typed that other post, I swear. :)

Logic? In here?? Are you kidding???

Wait a sec...

Thought I was at some other place. :D

Just a quick follow up to some of the thoughts to my op...

I tried to make it somewhat clear that 2-0 is not going to be the catalyst that thrusts the Redskins to a division championship or a playoff appearance. It's simply encouraging to see this team rebound and win a close, but ugly contest against a division rival on the road. We'll see what it brings, but we should be encouraged - the prospects of a 1-6 start seemed probable a few days ago. Let's see what happens.

A year ago, we were as bad as bad could be, with our only wins coming against bottom feeding Tampa, St. Louis, and Oakland, as well as a mediocre team in Denver.

The fact that we are at the very least stepping up to the plate and competing within the division against solid teams is a good sign.

Re-establishing an identity at home, and playing well within the division are two of the first steps this team has to take towards turning things around.

So far so good within the division. Now let's see if we can maintain that, and at the very least split our next four division games. I'll take 4-2 in the NFC East any day of the week.

Also, let's see if the home field can be the edge in helping us steal a win against upper class teams such as GB and Indy in the coming weeks.

Green Bay's trying to help us out by accumulating injuries. They lost starting RB Ryan Grant for the season earlier, now starting SS Morgan Burnett is on IR with a torn ACL that happened in the Detroit game.

Very logical response, and you admit I win. Huh. Could you give pointers to my wife sometime?

Dude, it's our use of logic that makes women so frustrating to us.

Come to think of it, my luck with 'em should be a lot better than it is. :laugh:

i dont understand the breakdown... no match up analysis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.