• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Some Things To Watch This Weekend

Wow. I will add I am hesitant to put too much stock in fan's opinions particularly after a tough loss like that, but still interesting food for thought.

Yeah, this isn't just one game where the fans are complaining. Many of them are upset with things he has done over the long haul. Very interesting.

Yes and no. For example, I would not place any value on what "LogicalVoice" will post, but there are some good members there. Take it with a grain of salt? Certainly true on a few comments, but these are fans of the team who follow the Bengals much more than anyone at BGO.

Disclaimer: I've been waiting for something like this on PFT and let it speak for itself. I hold no bias either way and will gladly support a new hire when the time comes, but each candidate needs to be fully vetted.

You can vet all you want, but there is no real way of knowing which first time coaches are going to succeed and which ones won't with any degree of certainty.

Gruden is taking a lot of heat for his playcalling, but some of those throws were just poor decisions by Dalton, IMO.

PFT commenters are the bottom of the barrel. I would not listen to them for advice on a coach.

From the article, regarding Zimmer:

Meanwhile, it seems that Zimmer could once again be ignored. A semi-hot candidate a couple of years ago, the Dolphins reportedly found Zimmer to be too blunt and honest.

And he very well may be just that. Zimmer once called former Falcons coach Bobby Petrino, who quit after one year on the job, “a gutless bastard” and “a coward” who “didn’t have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job.”

Um, hire this man.

Love it!

Gruden seems to be another Kyle.

He kept calling passing plays where Dalton was late getting the ball out and DBs were jumping the routes.

Dalton seems to be a qb that needs a higher tempo where he can drop and get the ball out quickly.

Calling deep outs and crosses only had defenders reading Dalton who never looked his receivers off.

From the article, regarding Zimmer:

Love it!

Problem is, Snyder can't handle blunt & honest. Marty was blunt and honest, and was gone after one year. Snyder wants a yes man, someone who will caress his fragile ego. Not someone who is going to tell him to eff off and let them do their job, lol.

Marty wanted Snyder banned from Redskins Park.

I don't think any of the assistants being looked at will have that type of power.

Besides, once again instead of showing an even hand as a decision-maker, Marty fell into the ego trap that Shanahan did.

Marty wanted to show Darrell Green and Champ Bailey how to play cornerback.

He wanted to dictate what flavors of ice cream were served in the cafeteria.

What a control freak.

With all those rules and control Marty never even went to a Super Bowl in Cleveland, KC, Washington, or SD.

I don't believe 'we can't win with Dan Snyder as the owner' - that's already been disproved.

I do have a lot of skepticism that the organization knows what kind of staff is needed at this critical juncture and can find the right folks to lead us to a consistent winning tradition again. Why am I skeptical? Because, aside from bringing back Jesus (Gibbs) for a return engagement we have failed to do so over and over. I hope that changes but until it does I will remain skeptical.

Until proven otherwise I will trust Allen a lot more than Vinny to bring in the right kind of staff.

Already the search has cast a fairly wide net which we really haven't seen before.

Remember when Shanahan was all but pre-hired in 2009?

Zorn was still out there but all the cutaways were to ex-Broncos that were telling us what changes Mike would bring with him.

Marty wanted Snyder banned from Redskins Park.

I don't think any of the assistants being looked at will have that type of power.

Besides, once again instead of showing an even hand as a decision-maker, Marty fell into the ego trap that Shanahan did.

Marty wanted to show Darrell Green and Champ Bailey how to play cornerback.

He wanted to dictate what flavors of ice cream were served in the cafeteria.

What a control freak.

With all those rules and control Marty never even went to a Super Bowl in Cleveland, KC, Washington, or SD.
Darrell Green got his nose out of joint because Marty Schottenheimer dared to coach him in front of his teammates.

Marty also went 8-3 down the stretch with Tony Freakin Banks as his QB.

Marty was righting the ship. It was Dan Snyder who said the he wasn't having any fun...because he couldn't pick players.

One of Dan Snyder's biggests mistakes was letting Marty go...

Darrell Green got his nose out of joint because Marty Schottenheimer dared to coach him in front of his teammates.

Marty also went 8-3 down the stretch with Tony Freakin Banks as his QB.

Marty was righting the ship. It was Dan Snyder who said the he wasn't having any fun...because he couldn't pick players.

One of Dan Snyder's biggests mistakes was letting Marty go...

Agreed...even if we went 10 years with a bunch of first-round exits, would be better than what we DID have, IMO.

Alright, let's rock.

I see the Skins didn't even wait 24 hours to bring in Gruden and Zimmer. Barring a complete catastrophe in the interview like just punching Snyder out (Gruden is a badass) I suspect the job is already his. Should be named by this Sunday. Also, I believe this has been posted, but if this NSFW video doesn't get you fired up, then you're medically dead:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZwAUt...top_uri=/watch?v=hZwAUtl2okA&feature=youtu.be

Now enjoy tonight's game. From the linemen to the LBs, and both FSU RBs, and of course Jameis, this team is crazily stacked.

I've been called a FSU "hater" for the last ten years by people who didn't realize how much they sucked.

I can easily now say that no team in college football history had/has more future NFL stars than this FSU team. The best ever in the 30 years I've watched college football.

And Kelvin Benjamin? Yes, please.

Enjoy both teams! This should be a great one. I have my Fat Tires ready to go.

Last edited:
2 RB's McD5? You mean 3 RB's! Karlos gets less carries but is probably the best of the bunch.

Hue Jackson?

The same Hue Jackson that traded away the Raiders future for Carson Palmer and bragged about it?

Hue Jackson would be a disaster here imo.

if you go off of what every coach has done in the past you will never get a coach all coaches make mistakes

But when everything is considered, Tandler and I agree, and I believe the call to Jay Gruden will be made very quickly.

And, with a desire to escape Andy Dalton and Cincy's ownership, Jay Gruden will say yes. I believe he'll be named the Head Coach of the Redskins in less than a week.

This is like a dream. First, we actually sign Garcon--along with Fletcher, the best FA we've had in the last 15 years.

And then, somehow we manage to actually pick one of the top coaches in the entire league. This is absolutely mind-blowing. This isn't how the Redskins operate. We haven't seen decisions this good in what seems like forever.

Who is this intelligent individual within the organization that is making these decisions? This is incredible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.