• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So Who Wins Roy?

Who Wins ROY?

• Total voters
But those are rookie mistakes Goal, then he does the unrookie like act of winning games at the end without a star RB like Griffin and Wilson have.

I still think Griffin deserves it if he wins the division next week. You cannot get a much bigger game than the one Griffin faces next week. As a rookie it is a daunting task and I believe he is up to the task and we will win the division.

Wilson has been placed in an ideal position. I have to give Carroll some credit, but Griffin in that position they'd have already locked up the NFC West. Wilson here? Well...

Griffin in Indy with no RB throwing 40-50 times a game? Yeah, I think he throws a few more interceptions than 5 for the season and looks a lot like Luck winning more games at the end to make up for some rookie mistakes.

Of the three, we've got the best coaching staff for a rookie QB too.

Last edited:
Luck will win it, but RGIII should win it.

That said, we win the Division next week, RGIII wins it. Right now, I think it's Luck, just because he was the first overall pick playing on a 2-14 team.

Nick

But Griff isn't making those rookie mistakes. How many times this year has he thrown a pass where you sat back and said to yourself, "welp, that's a rookie mistake"? I can count 'em on one hand. Now go watch Luck and see how many times you say that.

My point is simply that folks are wanting to reward Luck for getting his team out of poor situations of his own design, while not giving Griffin enough credit for just not putting his team in those situations at all.

The comebacks that Luck has had have been breathtaking, amazing to watch, and he is going to be one of the all time greats. Of that, there should be no doubt. But Griffin is putting this sorry ass excuse for a franchise in a position where they can use a RB late in games to seal it. Is it as exciting for us to essentially wrap up the Thanksgiving Cowboys game by halftime, or to watch our QB make a furious 4th Q comeback because he threw some awful picks and didn't convert 3rd downs earlier?

Griff needs to be given a LOT of credit for not allowing us to NEED a comeback.

Russell Wilson is making a big push right now. I wouldn't be shocked if he won it.

Honestly I'm surprised Luck is still in the conversation at all.

I suspect it's because the media is desirous that a white rookie quarterback do well. :p

Russell Wilson is making a big push right now. I wouldn't be shocked if he won it.

Honestly I'm surprised Luck is still in the conversation at all.

I suspect it's because the media is desirous that a white rookie quarterback do well. :p

I didn't want to originally go there, buuuut... I do think there's something to that. I also believe no one in the media wants to admit RGIII is as good as he is.

Nick

Don't forget that it was almost unanimous at the start of the season that Luck was going to a much lesser team. That Griffin would probably have the better year by virtue of being on a better team, with a better coach.

His team has clinched a playoff spot. It's Payton Manning-like the way he's elevated his team - that's not to suggest he's as good, of course, I just think it's a similar thing.

Obviously Griffin has lifted our team as well - not trying to ignore that. In fact, I'm not taking a stance either way, and wont vote in the poll, I simply don't watch Luck enough to know. I'm basing it on what everyone else says.

I'd love to read about what other teams' fans think about the three QBs, outside of our fans, Seattle fans and Indy's fan.

Serv? Got a bonus project for ya! I'm sure we can talk Boone into tripling your normal fee. :)

Uh...huh?...wha..?

A special project?

Well,....uh....maybe. I'll think about it.

It might take a while-some Cowboys fans started threads about the Skins game while the damn Saints game was still going on. I've started slogging through that mess already.

Tell you what, I'll do some checking around when I get time and see what I find and if it's not overwhelming -31 ROY threads would be a lot of reading and editing-I'll see what the idea looks like.

Of course while doing a recon among Seattle fans-or whoever. :)

Hmmm...just checked and the award announcements are during Superbowl week so at least I might have some time.

Of course if the Redskins were to go on a playoff run.....nah, not going there just yet.

I'll let you know something soon.

:)

The Colts had a easier schedule this year compared to the Redskins and the Seahawks. The Colts have several new young players and have not suffered with injuries that the Redskins have. Regardless, Luck has been impressive. Wilson has been even more impressive, although he is on the most talented team by far.

I think Wilson has earned the ROY. However, who really cares and if I were to choose the quarterback leading my team it would without a doubt be Robert Griffin III. He has the greatest potential in the long run.

Like others have said, Luck's comebacks should be a mark against him, not for him. He did it to himself with his multiple bad decisions.

If you have a big time game coming up, who would you rather have at QB? The guy who is almost guaranteed NOT to throw an INT or make a stupid rookie mistake, who also completes 70% of his passes? Or a guy who barely completes half his passes, but is assuredly going to throw AT LEAST 1 INT, possibly more, per game, and makes rookie mistakes at a pace that seems like he thinks it's a requirement?

It isn't really a tough call. If Luck had 45 TDs, I could see him being in the conversation. But the comeback stat and the yards are the ONLY thing he has a leg up on. And since he is completing more than most QBs throw, because he's throwing twice as much as most, the yards are absolutely unimpressive.

That's not homerism, that's reality.

Luck has beaten 2 winning teams, Griffin has beaten 4. Luck has had the luxury of playing 6 games against teams who currently sit in last place, while Griffin has played only 4 teams as miserable. I get that you can only play who is in front of you, but has almost as many wins so far against a far tougher schedule than Luck has against his weakest schedule in the league.

I get that they have lost some players, but so has everyone else. The fact of the matter is, he's on a team that was a Super Bowl contender for over a decade. Some players left, but most didn't. And using the excuse that a lot of their players are new, means they got rid of the scum then right? So he still has a Super Bowl caliber team. We have been a miserably terrible franchise for 2 decades. Griffin has done a million times more to get this team where they are than Luck has done for the Colts, who tanked games to get him.

But, the voters being the joke we know they are, Luck will run away with it.

Griffin is

Luck reminds me a little of Tim Tebow last year. Sucks ass for three quarters and turns on the jets in the 4th.

While I think RG3 should win, you gotta LOVE Luck. The guy can take a stupid sack, throw 3 picks including one for a TD yet STILL bring his team back. Reminds me a little of Brett Favre. He's a resilient SOB.

Won't make mind up till Monday morning but right now I'd have to give the edge to luck.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

When is ROY voted on? Is it limited to the regular season like MVP is?

I still don't really understand the amazing numbers argument resulting in a vote for Luck.

I don't know how to post in a spreadsheet format, but I'll at least list them here, sorry for the bad format. The overall numbers clearly show Griffin, followed by Wilson, then Luck. Wilson is climbing fast, but Griffin is still at the top. Luck faded long ago.

All three are excellent and the major reason why their teams are winning. Griffin has been the most steady and consistent. Best numbers, least mistakes.

Total yards and comeback wins as the only important factors? Strange argument to me.

Quarterback Rating
RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK YDS/G RATE
2 Robert Griffin III, QB WSH 249 375 66.4 3,100 8.27 88 20 5 29 221 104.1
7 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 237 374 63.4 2,868 7.67 67 25 10 27 191 98.0
29 Andrew Luck, QB IND 325 599 54.3 4,183 6.98 61 21 18 40 279 75.6

QBR
RK PLAYER PASS EPA RUN EPA SACK EPA PEN EPA TOTAL EPA ACT PLAYS QB PAR QB PAA TOTAL QBR
6 Robert Griffin III, WSH 79.1 7.9 -19.1 7.2 75.1 562 84.9 38.2 71.1
8 Russell Wilson, SEA 75.9 19.9 -21.2 6.0 80.6 545 80.1 34.9 70.0
13 Andrew Luck, IND 68.9 21.3 -23.5 17.5 84.2 740 95.0 33.6 64.6

Rushing
RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20+ TD YDS/G 1DN
21 Robert Griffin III, QB WSH 114 752 6.6 76 6 6 53.7 36
39 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 84 431 5.1 25 2 3 28.7 27
68 Andrew Luck, QB IND 57 254 4.5 19 0 5 16.9 21

The fact that Luck is even being considered by many is farcical. Dude has more in common with Grossman than Peyton...RG3 all day everydamnday.

Wilson has made a made a strong push and might possibly break the rookie touchdown passing record. Suck on that Luck lovers...

According to Vegas, Luck is currently the heavy favorite.

1. Luck

2. RG3

3. Wilson

I don't think that should surprise anyone. If Luck was our QB, and he set the records for most yards in a season--well in front by more than 1,000--most yards in a single game, most comeback wins....and didn't get the award? People would be going crazy.

RG3 is the sexier pick though, and he does have a ton of commercials. So if he has an insane game against Dallas he may still have a chance.

http://props.scoresandodds.com/sect...ts Action&sporttype=1015&startdate=12/25/2012

The fact that Luck is even being considered by many is farcical. Dude has more in common with Grossman than Peyton...RG3 all day everydamnday.

Wilson has made a made a strong push and might possibly break the rookie touchdown passing record. Suck on that Luck lovers...

Comparing luck to grossman at this point is kind of absurd Peyton threw what 26 or 28 interceptions with a halfway decent offensive line

Comparing luck and manning as rookies are not unrealistic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.