• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So what happened Saturday ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
I only caught glimpses of the game.
And what I caught made no sense at all.
Not that this season made any sense for the Skins.
But of the few common patterns this season, even those were broken substantially in this game.
What I saw is a team who was not only one of the worst in the league, but also down to their 2nd string QB and 2nd string RB put crazy points on the board against a defense that is supposed to be our strength.
Seems like a day when our offense actually for once, outplayed our defense by a huge stretch. Am I right, or am I missing something ? What went wrong ?

Last edited:
Yeah, our defense kept getting beat at the line of scrimmage. Joe Webb should be their starter because he gives them more options, we just couldn't contain him. It is important to mention that as bad as they are, they have the 4th best rushing game in the NFL and Adrian Peterson will not reach 1000 yards this season.

It was karma.

All the part time fans that had been rooting for "their team" to lose for weeks now, all of a sudden decided they would root for "their team" to win.

Screwed up the alignment of the stars.

Go figure.

hahahaahaha..i thought that too, ax.
Hey, great minds, and all.;)

but Joe Webb was on fire. and Toby Gerhart is no slouch either.
I thought it was Zuess, and The Flash!

Also, Rex Gross-Man happened.
Yeah, as a QB, the best part of him ran down his Mama's leg.

I knew when we went in to the 2nd half and he hadnt thrown any INTs we were in trouble. I feel like a dog with him..I can sense the earthquake that are his INTs coming.
Especially after the announcers say, "Grossman hasn't thrown an interception yet today". Arrrrgh!!!

When is Shanahan going to learn what Gibbs and Parcells learned early on, namely that a player who turns the ball over consistently is a player that can't help you win enough games and needs to be moved OFF the roster.

There are a LOT more talented players in NFL history that ended up out of the league because they couldn't secure the football or as qbs threw too many interceptions.

Arrogance is a powerful drug, BT.

Besides, Rex is just a distraction. Keeping everyone focused on him is allowing the Shan's to groom our franchise QB, undetected.

Our new next savior, Jonathan Crompton.

The other thing that crossed my mind, and forgive my humor a bit for a 5-10 team, is that the Redskins became OVER-CONFIDENT when both Ponder and Peterson went out of the game and stopped playing as hard because they thought they would win the game.

It seems obvious that the defense didn't have much respect for Webb or Gerhardt because both players came in and nobody landed a shot on them for quite some time.

Heck, Gerhardt was seeing holes that even Logan Paulsen could run through.

On offense, the Redskins once again were in the game and yet decided for the umpteenth game to press the issue down the field instead of using the running game and the short passing game to drive and set up a go ahead score.

Instead, Minnesota gets 7 off the turnover.

And what is the point differential at the end of the game?

7 points.

That's on Kyle, because it's the same ball Rex has had picked 4 or 5 other times this season.

I remember that the one pass Jay Schroeder couldn't hit was the fade into the back of the end zone, so instead of keeping it in and running it, after seeing it fail several times Gibbs threw it out and didn't run it for another season plus until Doug Williams was the quarterback.

Skins have had problems all year long containing mobile QBs off the edge.

Didn't get to see this one either. I was hoping for some defensive analysis in this thread instead of just Grossman bashing. Sounded like the D didn't come it to play the whole game as the score kept see sawing until finally the Vikes won.

The run D looked fine in the first half. I wonder if they didn't take their foot off the gas and relax a little when AD went down. The Vikes ran the option with Webb several times in the second, and the D wasn't prepared for that. Guys were out of position, and unsure whether to cover Webb or the RB, which resulted in some big gains.

Gotcha... from the radio updates it sure sounded like the Vikes could score at will in the second half.

Maybe next time start the game off with an onside kick :laugh:

All year ?

How about every year, since Gibbs 1.0 ?

maybe so. in the event....mobile QBs like Newton, Webb, Romo have not been contained by Kerrigan and Rak to the outside. our rush scheme seems set up to collapse the pocket and our guys seem to either overrun the pocket (Rak) or get caught inside by the OT (Kerrigan). either way.....the containment isn't there and teams have been working the edge with success.

The run D looked fine in the first half. I wonder if they didn't take their foot off the gas and relax a little when AD went down. ....

Some of the air may very well have come out of the balloon after the injury.
Slightly reminiscent of the Giants’ letdown after LT trashed Joe T's leg back in the day.

Here's what else happened Saturday...Santa came!!!

Attachments

• Skins Coffee.jpg
    Skins Coffee.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 89

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.