• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

so how will we know when RG gets the nod?

fansince62

for my own part...I haven't seen anything yet on what (at least in my mind) would be an obvious indicator: he has yet to practice any sliding techniques.

does he go into game 1 with out testing the knee this way? or practicing the technique?

and yes - when we see him under center come game time would be a good tipper!!!

for my own part...I haven't seen anything yet on what (at least in my mind) would be an obvious indicator: he has yet to practice any sliding techniques.

does he go into game 1 with out testing the knee this way? or practicing the technique?

Not to come off as snarky, but I think it might just be when he first lines up. I'd bet they will string this out as long as possible to screw with Chip Kelly and the Eagles...He'll be 'Questionable' or 'Doubtful' all week on the injury report, and he'll be a 'game-time' decision. I don't believe there is any rule saying they have to publish Dr. Andrew's recommendation.

Robert Griffin the Third will be on the field for the first play of the first regular season.
But you won't see him on the sideline before the game, and you won't see him trot onto the field.
Because he will be flying onto the field from above, with a cape on.

I was just reflecting on whether he should go on the field without ever practicing sliding - or, in truth, being tackled in practice. is that the plan?

I thought Griff did some exaggerated sliding to appease the crowd during camp, not live bullets I know but I'm guessing that's something they've been working on as best they can.

The real practices have been closed since camp broke so not much 'solid' info available now and don't expect much.
I expect tight-lipped would be the mantra from here on out, maybe some new cloak and dagger formation will show opening night,.

Is six on the line and five in the backfield even legal?:lipsrsealed2:

Its a good question that they likely won't tell us. I think all of his rerturn I highly planned out, even all the theater around the supposed "rift" between him and shanny.

He's not a graceful running the ball as would be expected for such an athlete, he's kind of wild and maybe its just wishful thinking, but I've got to believe they have worked with him on sliding. I would bet that no media has seen him sneaking into the bubble with coaches to get his slide on. Its the one thing that sets Russell Wilson ahead of a lot of QBs, a timely and graceful slide that more than likely pisses off defenders to no end. Yes I threw up a little bit saying that, but it doesn't mean its not true.

Somebody should have bought him a "Slip & Slide" for his wedding gift. :D

I'd bet they will string this out as long as possible to screw with Chip Kelly and the Eagles..

I don't think that's going to be enough to fool, or even keep in question, Coach Kelly.
For one, everybody in the media is certain RG3 will play. All signs are pointing to him playing. Video images of him practicing and moving around, and cutting with ease, are in the media all over the place. Both RG3's words and actions speak volumes.

But most importantly, if you and other fans are able to figure out that the Redskins are going to be attempting smoke-screens all the way up until game-time, then certainly an NFL coach is going to be able to see though that. It may not be a 100% chance that he plays, but pretty darn close.

It's well advertised that RG3 is just about 100%, and we're just waiting on the official Dr's endorsement, and waiting as long as possible until the 1st game, as a precaution....and an attempted (although probably futile) smoke-screen.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.